As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Let's drink to Hybridzerg, guys.

2»

• MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    My sympathies go out to the Bowman family in this difficult time.

Meiz on
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I had to do the whole "message an Internet forum admin" with sad news thing not too long back for a friend that passed away. His parents were pretty overwhelmed by the sheer number of emails they got saying how great a guy he was. It's nice to know that plenty of people cared, I'm sure the PA community won't let us down with that.

As others have said, my sympathies go out to his family right now.

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • JonnyBotJonnyBot Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I didn't personally know him and only played a couple of times on Live with him. All the same, my sympathies for the family. And Hybrid, wherever you are bro, this ones for you. *Takes double shot of whiskey*

JonnyBot on
  • RisenPhoenixRisenPhoenix SUPER HOTRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Sceptre wrote: »
    I didn't really know him, but I express my condolences to the family.

It sucks to know that someone just like us won't be back to post again.

This. This right here.

My thoughts go out to the family and friends. If I knew the words that would make this hurt less, I'd say them.

RisenPhoenix on
  • JaramrJaramr Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Lukin wrote: »
    Man, this really makes me think. I have so many people I consider to be dear, close friends but I only know them online. How would they know if something were to happen to me? One of those plans that nobody really wants to make, but we all probably should.

Ive thought about this to, if I were to get run over by a car tomorrow, a great amount of my friends might never know that I have died.

And I just realized it was a suicide to.

Oh god. :(

Jaramr on
    steam_sig.png
  • PureauthorPureauthor Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ...Well, this sucks.

My condolences to his family and friends.

Pureauthor on
    SS FC: 1334 0950 5927
    Platinum FC: 2880 3245 5111
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Wow, how horrible. I can't imagine what his family is going through, nor do I ever wish to. Honestly, my deepest and most sincere condolences to all involved in this tragedy. Hopefully he's found the peace he sought.

Halfmex on
  • wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    he was 19? Holy crap. that's 3 years younger than even me.

That's pretty horrible. I can't even imagine what that must be like for his family.

Wow. Just................................

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • chasehatesbearschasehatesbears Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    wunderbar wrote: »
    he was 19? Holy crap. that's 3 years younger than even me.

That's pretty horrible. I can't even imagine what that must be like for his family.

Wow. Just................................

He was born twenty-seven days before me.

I'm really glad that his family has been able to cope and make such a great memorial to him. Clearly he was very loved.

I wish them the best and God bless.

chasehatesbears on
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Man, this really makes me think. I have so many people I consider to be dear, close friends but I only know them online. How would they know if something were to happen to me? One of those plans that nobody really wants to make, but we all probably should.

Haven't checked in a while, but I know in the past I've seen websites with dead man's switches basically...you pay some $ for the service, and if you don't log in or click something every couple weeks, it'll automatically send out an email you've written to the addresses you've entered.

I don't know what you'd say, though..."hey guys, either my net's gone out, or I might possibly be dead."

Scooter on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    While each and every loss from the community is sad, I think it's better to be glad that it doesn't happen more often, considering the sheer size of the user base.

On a less coldly calculating note; my sympathies to his friends and family. Thank you for letting us know.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I lurk, but I raise a glass.

Rest in peace Hybridzerg.

John Zoidberg on
    Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Scooter wrote: »

Haven't checked in a while, but I know in the past I've seen websites with dead man's switches basically...you pay some $ for the service, and if you don't log in or click something every couple weeks, it'll automatically send out an email you've written to the addresses you've entered.

I don't know what you'd say, though..."hey guys, either my net's gone out, or I might possibly be dead."

I wouldn't want to write that letter. It would be like writing a suicide note which would be unbearable.

Also, in regards to Hybrid, raised a glass last night for you. Rest in peace friend. I'd consider every member of the Pa forums a comrade, shared interests already put us closer than the millions of people i interact with through my job or online.

The_Scarab on
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Damn, that sucks out loud. Always hate losing a forumer.

Too late for tonight, but I'll open a Hoegaarden to you tomorrow, dude.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Wow...I wondered where he'd gone to. I'll raise a shot of Tullamore in his honor tonight. :|

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • NorfairNorfair Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    19 is far too young to die, no matter how you go. :(

I hope his family and friends will be OK.

Norfair on
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I hate it when our people die. :(

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Man, that blows. 19? Jesus.

Uselesswarrior on
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I truly hope the man got the peace that he was wanting...
    I can't even imagine the sorrow the family must be feeling - I never even knew that guy and I'm feeling quite a bit just knowing that he was a part of this community and now I'll never get a chance to speak with him and just the pain he must have been feeling. Really overwhelming.

Nitsua on
  • A-PuckA-Puck Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    A fair passage, Hybridzerg.

A-Puck on
    Soon... soon I will install you, my precious.
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I hate this kind of thing. Everything I write sounds trite.

Goodbye dude, the world will always be a different and better place, just for having you.

edit: I'm glad I saw this though. I was busy with RL when the news about Zonk hit. I pieced together what happened one day months after the fact from forum sigs and indirect references from other forumers. Played a lot of games with you Zonk, and I missed saying goodbye. That hurts a lot.

Drake on
  • WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I may have only known him through here and Live, but godspeed dude, you will be missed. :(

Wulf on
    Everyone needs a little Chaos!
  • EinhanderEinhander __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    I'd consider every member of the Pa forums a comrade, shared interests already put us closer than the millions of people i interact with through my job or online.

I didn't know the guy, but this line sums up my feelings pretty much exactly. I hope his family is doing ok.

Einhander on
  • mastriusmastrius Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I didnt know him, same as Einhander and Scarab, but Im with them. Losing somebody, known to me or not, isnt cool at all. Rest in Peace man.

mastrius on
    "You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling
  • TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    rest in peace, fellow arcadian.

TyrantCow on
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Einhander wrote: »
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    I'd consider every member of the Pa forums a comrade, shared interests already put us closer than the millions of people i interact with through my job or online.

I didn't know the guy, but this line sums up my feelings pretty much exactly. I hope his family is doing ok.

Go easy friend, I might not have known you here, but we'll meet there, God willing.

Big Classy on
  • Charlie_Foxtrot2Charlie_Foxtrot2 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    God Speed be with you Hybrid. My condolences to the family. Sorry to hear about this.

Charlie_Foxtrot2 on
    logo%20graf%201.jpg
  • PemulisPemulis Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    My deepest condolences to the family. Such a tragic loss.

Pemulis on
  • KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Spacehog85 wrote: »
    Koshian wrote: »
    Let's say you have been warned in advance of your unavoidable death.

Today is the day you die.

You've already lived out your wildest fantasies, said your tearful goodbyes, and carefully settled/completely wasted your life's savings and estate.

Now you just have time for one final meal before the time comes.

What do you want it to be?

Hybridzerg wrote: »
    I think I'd have a big plateful of warm, soft chocolate chip cookies. Or barbeque pork ribs and mashed potatoes. Or both.

Heres to hoping he is enjoying the biggest plate of choclate chip cookies with a side of ribs and potatoes ever.

Condolences to his family.

Man..

:cry:

Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • LagnarLagnar Halifax, Nova scotiaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I only recently started getting involed with PA and in turn wouldent have know him, but its still pretty depressing to hear something like this. My brother turned 19 this year, makes yah think dont it? Best wishes to his family.

Lagnar on
  • EriosErios Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Man, this is horrible. I'm not going to lie, reading this thread, I broke down in tears and said the Lord's Prayer for Hybridzerg. It's the only prayer I can remember these days, but I'll be damned if I didn't mean for his soul to pass gently into the beyond. Wherever you are, I hope you are in less pain than you were during your final hours and I hope you're surrounded by Grace and Love. May you never know suffering again. God's Speed.

Scarab is right on, this is like losing a friend. I never read a post of his and I never played with him but fuck me if this isn't like losing someone that's closer to me than most of my friendly acquaintances at University.

Erios on
    Steam: erios23, Live: Coconut Flavor, Origin: erios2386.
  • DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    My thoughts and prayers are with the family.

I've played a few times with hybridzerg and read quite a few of his posts...his rex avatar always did stand out. We'll miss you dude, may you rest in peace.

Dixon on
  • APZonerunnerAPZonerunner Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I match all the sentiments from earlier in the thread. It's always a terrible tragedy to lose one of our own here. :(

APZonerunner on
    APZonerunner | RPG Site | UFFSite | The Gaming Vault
    XBL/PSN/Steam: APZonerunner
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Yeah I've already posted, but I just want to agree that whether I've interacted with you or not, I consider everyone who posts here a friend.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Operative21Operative21 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    One of the reasons I frequent this forum is the higher than average level of quality I find in its posters. The mortal loss of any forumer always means there's one less intelligent, and interesting person in the world.

Though I didn't know Hybridzerg well, I know he was one of our own, and as such I offer sincerest condolences to his family, and melancholy tribute to his memory.

To hybridzerg: May you achieve the highest of scores in whatever afterlife you find yourself, and may your memory bring solace to those you leave behind. You will be missed.

Operative21 on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Poured a little out on the curb for my man hybridzerg

Later duder

nexuscrawler on
  • AKBowmansAKBowmans Registered User new member
    edited January 2009
    To All:

Thank you so much for your condolences. Even though you may have felt awkward conveying them or had a hard time finding the words to say, they meant a lot to our family. These last three months have been extremely rough on us but we have been sustained by God, our church, family, old friends, new friends such as all of you, and our hope, our assurance that we will be rejoined with Josh (aka Hybridzerg). It occurred to me recently that Jesus said "God so loved the world . . ." and "In this world you will have distress/trouble . . ." From our limited pointed of view, they seem contradictory but at the same time, we know on time here is relatively brief. We look forward to when the inevitable pain we experience in this fallen world will seem as nothing compared to the joy God has in store for us. Josh lost his way but he ultimately did not lose his life.

Again, thank you for your thoughts, prayers, and support of us. Although we have not met, know that we have felt the love you had for our son and for each other because of what bonded you all together. You have been conduits of joy to our family in the midst of our sorrows and helped us to get to know our son better.

Christopher Bowman

AKBowmans on
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited January 2009
    Well that seems like a good note to wrap things up on. Once again, we're all so sorry for your loss and if there's anything you need just let me know.

Tube on
This discussion has been closed.