As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

First semester stuff, Self Portrait sketches.

Chop LogicChop Logic Registered User regular
edited February 2009 in Artist's Corner
Hey, I haven't posted around here in a while, I've been busy with school. I'm going to Parsons, I'm in my first year, and my intended major is illustration.

Sketchbook stuff, some stuff is master copies:

1. IMG_2073.jpg

2. IMG_2074.jpg

3. IMG_2075.jpg

4. IMG_2077.jpg

5. IMG_2078.jpg

6. IMG_2079.jpg

7. IMG_2080.jpg

7.5. IMG_2090.jpg

Figure drawings, from a live model, probably around 20 minutes. Because the time was so short, we weren't supposed to worry about the face. I had a problem with making my heads to small, but once my teacher pointed it out, I was able to fix it.

8. IMG_2084.jpg

9. IMG_2085.jpg

10. IMG_2086.jpg

11. IMG_2087.jpg

12. IMG_2088.jpg

13. IMG_2058.jpg

I asked my teacher what I should be drawing at home, out of class, and she said to try drawing myself from a mirror so, these are from the last three days. The last page, from today, I think is way better than the rest. I feel like every time I do one I get a lot better.

14. IMG_2082.jpg

This top one is pretty bad.

15.IMG_2083.jpg

16. 3231761107_a4bde9effb_b.jpg

Edit: Fuck, Photobucket made everything so small. I'll fix it later, sorry, heading out now.

Chop Logic on

• Options
    winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Cool stuff. Im liking the skulls and number 7.5. Keep posting your studies!

winter_combat_knight on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Sketch1.jpg

IMG_2096.jpg

IMG_2095.jpg

From class Friday.

Chop Logic on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I can't help but notice that you heavily stylize everything... is that intentional?

Considering these are supposed to be drawn from life, i wouldn't think so, but I've been known to be wrong before.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    How do you mean?

Chop Logic on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Well, it seems like you draw everything with a simplified, almost blocky, look to it.

Not to say your artwork doesn't look very nice (because nearly all of it is great) but it seems like your style is a little overbearing when it comes to life studies.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    popfishpopfish Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    It should be fine once you start adding rhythm. I think the last drawing is the strongest mostly because of that.

popfish on
  • Options
    crawdaddiocrawdaddio Tacoma, WARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2009
    The guy's left leg on that second-to-last drawing looks like it's broken, mostly, I think, due to the discrepancy between the positioning of the foot, and the positioning that the leg is implying for it.

crawdaddio on