As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

So they sell Bawls in Canada now...

parabolaparabola Registered User regular
edited February 2009 in PAX Archive
But I talked to the manager of a 7-11 today where I found Bawls Cherry (awesome shit btw) and he says he's not going to order any more because they don't sell.

Luckily there is one nearby which keeps plenty of G33k B33r in stock.

Anyone know of where else you can get Bawls in Canada?

I've seen some at NCIX but they wont ship em because cans apparently exploded.

parabola on

• MrBartokomousMrBartokomous Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Yes, there's a drugstore at Bloor/Islington in Toronto that carries them and has for quite some time.

They've got tallboys of original, cherry, and sugar-free (my personal fave), as well as the classic bottles.

I probably grab two or three cans a week when I'm heading to work, and make many many childish innuendoes with my coworkers as I drink them.

MrBartokomous on
  • MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Canadians, I WOULD LIKE TO PLACE AN ORDER.

MetaverseNomad on
  • eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Wow. Awesome. It's too bad you Canadians don't have any Dick's to go with your Bawls.

XD

eye-shuh on
  • TherosTheros Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Canadians, I WOULD LIKE TO PLACE AN ORDER.

It's a bit hit or miss here, but random 7/11s sell the tallboys of the original and sometimes g33k beer here.... but never in large quantities.

Theros on
  • YuritauYuritau CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    my local sevvy wont order any of the regular old plain bawls anymore. :(

Yuritau on
  • parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I wonder why Bawls isn't selling that well in Canada.

parabola on
  • GeneralsGenerals Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I know of people who stock sufficient loads of BAWLS for people.

LAN parties only I'm afraid.

Generals on
    jsn: and there was some dude(note that: DUDE) dressed up as Mai from KOF
    Jeff: I see
    jsn: and I was like "I wonder how he goes to the washroom, does he just like...brush his loincloth to the side or what?"
    jsn: friend was like "DUDE he's BEHIND YOU"
  • WezoinWezoin Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Mac's convenience stores also carry it (some of them at least)

And I think the reason it doesn't sell well is because they dont sell multipacks. $3 for a bottle of Bawls vs not much more for 4 cans of Redbull...

Wezoin on
  • b0wserb0wser PAX HHL Deputy Manager CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    There's a at least half a dozen distributors which carry Bawls in the Lower Mainland BC area, it's just a matter of convincing stores to carry it. The distro Wallace and Carey deal with Chevron & 7-11, and they suggested I talk to store managers about item selection. I don't know which ones sell to the public, but I'm pretty sure that the Bawls site lists local distributors.

Both 7-11 stores in Abbotsford carry Bawls, and I'm trying to get it sold at the UFV Campus store also.

b0wser on
    edited February 2009
    Wezoin wrote: »
    Mac's convenience stores also carry it (some of them at least)

And I think the reason it doesn't sell well is because they dont sell multipacks. $3 for a bottle of Bawls vs not much more for 4 cans of Redbull...

I don't buy the fact that it's because they don't sell multipacks.

They sell about a bazillion other energy drinks. I talked to my local 7-11 and apparently G33k B33r is the only thing that sells. Another 7-11 near me had Bawls Cherry and Bawls Exxtra but said they won't restock those because they don't sell.

It makes sense G33k B33r sells because it's the only root beer energy drink.

I talked to the store manager here and said he would look into it if other stores have had any luck.

parabola on
  • rdldrrdldr Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Huh, I've got 2 convenience stores near me that sell it. (I'm in Cambridge, Ontario)

rdldr on
  • EkkosangenEkkosangen Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I have a Mac's nearby that used to sell it, but doesn't anymore. Then there's another Mac's a little further that just sells regular Bawls, then there's a 7-11 downtown that sells G33k B33r, according to a friend.

This being in Sarnia, ON. I pick some up occasionally to help their sales, but they never carry much of it. The mainstream energy drinks are filling up too many spaces. D:

Ekkosangen on
    eG6Oz.jpg
    <+Arco> You can totally bone with a baby in there. If you bump up against something, just apologize to the little dude and adjust.
    edited February 2009
    There are a lot of energy drinks i'm pretty sure that sell worse.

parabola on
  • leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    The local lan cafe sells them here, along with a few 7/11s.

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
This discussion has been closed.