As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Are we there yet?

2»

• Options
    BamboozaBambooza Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    And to think this is just getting to pax. Wait tell we are at pax.

Bambooza on
    The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
  • Options
    AzazelAzazel Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Bambooza wrote: »
    And to think this is just getting to pax. Wait tell we are at pax.

MOMMM, prox stole my spot in line, make him go to the back...

Azazel on
  • Options
    SpawnOfCthulhuSpawnOfCthulhu Also that Snifit guy. Gig Harbor, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    *pukes*
    Moooommmmmmmmmmmm, I don't feel good.
    *pukes on everyone*

SpawnOfCthulhu on
    Wx8ay.png
  • Options
    nemaihnenemaihne Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    When do we stop? I really gotta go right now. I mean right, right now.

nemaihne on
    I *think* that's what I meant to say...
  • Options
    JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Pee out the goddamn window!

JonnyNero on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited February 2009
    or in a Gatorade bottle

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Pee out the window in a Gatorade bottle. You won't sully the leather seats with drippage and you won't mess up the paint job with an errant stream.

AltDelete on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    or just carefully pee in the gatorade bottle and throw it out the window when you're done.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited February 2009
    Assuming we are all currently in Phoenix, Arizona (hypothesis: If I am in Phoenix, and we are all in a normal car that cannot reach a second city via body length from my location, then we must all currently be in Phoenix) we are 1502 miles away from the Seattle Convention Center.

Given that we want to arrive a little early to see Seattle, check in to our respective hotels, and hit the PrePAX dinner / Pub Crawl, we have 215 days to reach our destination (which amounts to roughly 5160 hours).

Now, if we're all in the car, PAX is our first and only destination, we drive continuously in shifts 24 hours a day at a consistent speed to save on fuel and provide a more pleasant ride to our passengers, and we don't veer off course for food, drink or fuel, that means we can calculate not only our average speed thought the duration of the journey, but indeed our current speed by dividing the length of our journey (in miles) over the number of hours until we're scheduled to arrive (in hours).

1502 / 5160 = 0.291085 miles per hour, our car's constant speed.

With our constant speed identified, and assuming nemaihne is of able mind and body, she can walk comfortably at the average human walking pace of 2.5 miles per hour and can finishing peeing (liberal estimation of pee duration, given that nemaihne first needed to pee nearly 20 hours ago) within 5 minutes.

In five minutes, the car at its constant speed will travel 0.024257 miles (or apx 128 feet). At nemaihne's walking speed of 2.5 MPH (or apx 220 feet per minute) we can work out that it will take nemaihne no more than 34.8 seconds to catch back up to the car if she simply wanted to step out of the car and find a tree.

AltDelete on
  • Options
    JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    AltDelete: You have no life...do you?

JonnyNero on
  • Options
    Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    AltDelete wrote: »
    Assuming we are all currently in Phoenix, Arizona (hypothesis: If I am in Phoenix, and we are all in a normal car that cannot reach a second city via body length from my location, then we must all currently be in Phoenix) we are 1502 miles away from the Seattle Convention Center.

Given that we want to arrive a little early to see Seattle, check in to our respective hotels, and hit the PrePAX dinner / Pub Crawl, we have 215 days to reach our destination (which amounts to roughly 5160 hours).

Now, if we're all in the car, PAX is our first and only destination, we drive continuously in shifts 24 hours a day at a consistent speed to save on fuel and provide a more pleasant ride to our passengers, and we don't veer off course for food, drink or fuel, that means we can calculate not only our average speed thought the duration of the journey, but indeed our current speed by dividing the length of our journey (in miles) over the number of hours until we're scheduled to arrive (in hours).

With our constant speed identified, and assuming nemaihne is of able mind and body, she can walk comfortably at the average human walking pace of 2.5 miles per hour and can finishing peeing (liberal estimation of pee duration, given that nemaihne first needed to pee nearly 20 hours ago) within 5 minutes.

In five minutes, the car at its constant speed will travel 0.024257 miles (or apx 128 feet). At nemaihne's walking speed of 2.5 MPH (or apx 220 feet per minute) we can work out that it will take nemaihne no more than 34.8 seconds to catch back up to the car if she simply wanted to step out of the car and find a tree.

Didn't somebody do that on the Last CCST in a construction zone?

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    JonnyNero wrote: »
    AltDelete: You have no life...do you?

That's it. Get out of the car and start walking.

But not too fast. Let the car keep up.

AltDelete on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    John and randomguy got out of the car in Chicago to smoke a cig. They walked alongside us while we moved at about 2mph.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    nemaihnenemaihne Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    AltDelete wrote: »

But you forgot that I would spend another few minutes washing my hands. Plus I dive out at a rest stop, being a girl, I'd have to stand in line behind two dozen genial older women with small Yorkies that they couldn't leave in the RV who would want to ask good-natured questions about how my trip is going even though they've never met me and expect a full report in return...
    So I'd probably have to jog to catch up.

That Gatorade bottle is looking like the better option.

nemaihne on
    I *think* that's what I meant to say...
  • Options
    proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    How the hell did we get in Arizona? Fail.

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    proXimity wrote: »
    How the hell did we get in Arizona? Fail.

Hey, you were the one who was all like "What's a cactus". Well, now you know.

Also, we have mountains. Dry, dry mountains.

AltDelete on
  • Options
    Rogue_hunterRogue_hunter Breaks Through Brick Walls Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Since we're in Phoenix, we could go to my aunt and uncle's house at Sun City West for bathroom breaks.
    And would we be going through Vegas at all? Because I have a friend we could pick up, as well as a stripper I want to say "Hi" to.

Rogue_hunter on
    PlayStation Network: Rogue_hunter
    Steam: Rogue_hunter
    Games for Windows Live: Roguality
    Google+
    Twitter
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Since we're in Phoenix, we could go to my aunt and uncle's house at Sun City West for bathroom breaks.
    And would we be going through Vegas at all? Because I have a friend we could pick up, as well as a stripper I want to say "Hi" to.

Sun City West is technically on the way... but Vegas is right out. At our current rate it would take us a week to get through the strip, and my wallet can't handle the pain. Not with $3 blackjack becoming more and more available.

AltDelete on
  • Options
    SkinnaySkinnay Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    i think at that rate we'd have to replace the brake pads like 5 times because idling would be too fast so we'd have to ride the brakes the whole time lol

Skinnay on
    I'm Awesome!!!
  • Options
    hamburger helperhamburger helper Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Can you turn around and pick me up in Victoria? I slept in

hamburger helper on
    statimg.php?id=280&theme=1
  • Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    dude. if you go back a page, you'll notice that our vehicle is slower then walking, i'm sure you can catch up :)

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
This discussion has been closed.