As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dreaming of you, PAX

PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
edited February 2009 in PAX Archive
Huh so Jaef once dreamt he was Rambo leading a team of commandos through a paintball factory.

Anyways, to my point.

I had my first dream of PAX 09 on Wednesday night, the 28th. I remember getting lost trying to find the building, and also spending a lot of time ad a vendor booth considering buying some toy. And because of that I missed the first day of going to the expo room. I got over it and started my plan of attack for Saturday when I woke up.

So share your dreams of being at or anticipating PAX 09.

jCyyTSo.png
PikaPuff on

• Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    FUCK setup isnt done yet?! ohgodohgodohgod

But those usually dont start until august :P I honestly dont think about PAX much up until then aside from the meetings and PMs to people.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    te he, we're almost there! =) I haven't had any dreams of it yet, but it has definitely been on my mind. =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So which version of "You're Always on My Mind" should I listen/crappily-drunkard serenade PAX to? The Elvis or the Willie Nelson?

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    It depends on what you're drinking at the time.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    mavrick88mavrick88 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The worst nightmare of PAX 09 i have had was that it sucked *shudders* luckily it was just a dream.

mavrick88 on
    I was driving some out-of-towner friends around, and I kept complaining about being blinded. They responded with "You see, where we come from, people tend to wear Sunglasses." I retorted with a simple "You people tend to have sun."
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited January 2009
    I have PAX dreams all the time. Once I had one that it was PAX Sunday and things were wrapping up, but I couldn't remember getting to PAX and had no idea how I was getting home.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    QuizMasterQuizMaster Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I too often have PAX dreams. Most of them involve me making a great trek to Seattle, but then on the first day of PAX, I somehow end up back home in Canada. Only about a quarter of the dreams actually involve enjoying PAX.

QuizMaster on
  • Options
    AzazelAzazel Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    I have PAX dreams all the time. Once I had one that it was PAX Sunday and things were wrapping up, but I couldn't remember getting to PAX and had no idea how I was getting home.

Are you sure that was a dream?

Azazel on
  • Options
    emorimikuemorimiku Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I had a PAX dream about a week ago although all I really remember from it was being pissed that I wasn't in BYOC for some reason...

emorimiku on
    <emorimiku> j0z1e ... physically emotionally or mentally?
    <j0z1e> ummmm, all three? at once?
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I had another one a few days back. I missed the first day of PAX because I was doing things with relatives. Now I'm worried about inviting co-workers or family because they might ruin my fun. :D

Hotels and BYOC and stuff should be coming up soon, right? I think these dreams are telling me to reserve early this year.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Okay, I had a dream just a couple nights ago that I was being chased by WSCTC employees. They were going to bust the cookie operation. I think I was being chased by an old man with a baton.

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    That wasn't a baton I was holding in my hand.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    ACC3SSACC3SS Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I had a dream that I was in the Rock Band freeplay line-up and chatting with Gabe (the cartoon).
    I haven't done either of those things, but I'd like to.
    ^.^

ACC3SS on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    lol Pika! =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    ACC3SS wrote: »
    I had a dream that I was in the Rock Band freeplay line-up and chatting with Gabe (the cartoon).
    ^.^

That's got to be pretty awesome. What is Gabe the cartoon going to say to you that Mike can't?

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    b0wserb0wser PAX HHL Deputy Manager CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I had a dream where I was helping with setup, and then suddenly it was Sunday morning and I didn't know what the fuck happened to the rest of the weekend, and I couldn't find any of the Enforcers I was looking for.

b0wser on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    b0wser wrote: »
    I had a dream where I was helping with setup, and then suddenly it was Sunday morning and I didn't know what the fuck happened to the rest of the weekend, and I couldn't find any of the Enforcers I was looking for.
    I'm sorry but the enforcer is in another venue.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    ACC3SSACC3SS Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Cronus wrote: »
    ACC3SS wrote: »
    ^.^

That's got to be pretty awesome. What is Gabe the cartoon going to say to you that Mike can't?

It's not so much about what he would say...
    The fact that he's a cartoon character in a 3D space was most notable. Though my memory is foggy, I'd suspect the interaction had a "Rocky and Bullwinkle Movie" feel (sans the flying squirrel).

ACC3SS on
This discussion has been closed.