As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Phoenix Games: world's worst game publisher? UPDATE: Working on Wii games, chkpst 975

elkataselkatas Registered User regular
edited September 2010 in Games and Technology
Phoenix Games Ahead of it's Time

With a small elite team of 6 people specializing in licensing, marketing and publishing of value priced games, development and manufacturing are bundled through outsourcing and collaboration. This approach suppresses our fixed costs and enables a revolutionary low price strategy.

We boast the shortest time required from development to product release in the industry. Ordinarily the average development period for a game is 18 months, whereas Phoenix need a mere 3-5 months. With integrated standards (:rotate:) in production and packaging it is now possible to realize low costs through stabilization of variable costs and suppression of fixed costs. In the case of fixed costs we are suppressing development costs per product unit by maximizing the sales volume through a low cost strategy and also both diminishing advertising and promotional costs and maximizing operating profits by securing a dependable fan base (8)) through an identifying packaging of a series.

With long-term strategic partners based all over the world, Phoenix Games (Holland) B.V. is perfectly situated to be able to recognise and effectively work with the challenges of price policy, competition, languages, region accessibility and most importantly, to ensure a profitable relationship with its distribution partners.

Phoenix Games (Holland) B.V. has become the leading European publisher for Value Priced Games. To this end Phoenix has adopted for PS2, PSOne & PC formats, a completely different approach to product publishing and distribution. Phoenix aim is to bring quality product (:lol:) to the market at remarkable prices, thus maximising sales for the developers.

PSOne: £6.99 - PS2: £7.99 - £8.99 - £12.99

The complete collection of premium budget product on these fast moving formats will be successfully sold through the many thousands of retail outlets offering quick turnover consumer goods where the general public does its everyday convenience shopping. Such as 24 hour stores, Newsagents, Garage Shops etc. marketing the ranges through these diverse outlets means they will get high exposure and this will result in high sales levels. Although the ranges will be sold at low retail prices of £6.99, £7.99, £8.99 and £12.99 respectively, they will not be short on quality. The retail price points are incredibly competitive considering the quality of the content. This, together with eye catching packaging represents exceptional value for money (:lol:).

How does Phoenix do it ?

Software Publishers are committing ever greater resources to an ever diminishing number of product releases. In commercial terms it is seem to be more prudent to invest money in the next Tomb Raider sequel than it is to invest in some new and speculative venture. Major corporations are solely geared to money making and sometimes lose grip of the nature of the creative enterprise in which they are engaged. The creators of original products are usually independent development companies that have a creative dream. Commercial success is important, but the product comes first and developers live or die by the quality of the product they create. More and more, the smaller developers are being taken over by large companies and there tends to be a vacuum between people who want to get involved in the games industry and people working on commercial products. The smaller developers have less chance to get their original new product to the market. This is the main strategy adopted by Phoenix, to give the smaller publishers their opportunity to launch their products at retail, with a high degree of success already assured.

WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF PHOENIX - VALUE FOR MONEY GAMES

phoenixwm4.jpg

http://www.phoenixgamesgroup.com/uk/company.html

Hypnotically inclined.
elkatas on

• Options
    PataPata Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    :lol:

Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    D:

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Oh man.... ugh...

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Paccie...

:?

LewieP on
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    What have you done? What have you done?!

Daedalus on
  • Options
    astroboyastroboy Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    That stuff reminds me of the crap that was produced for the Atari 2600 during its waning days. :roll:

astroboy on
    Xbox Live Gamertag: PlayerOne
    My Collection
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Best Game Company Ever.

Pata on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Snow White

and the

7 clever boys
    :oops: :oops: :oops:

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Ludious wrote:
    Snow White

and the

7 clever boys
    :oops: :oops: :oops:
    :winky:

Pata on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Oh damn, I almost forgot game that started Phoenix Games Value for Money game series:

shootbig.jpg

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Is there some sort of joke here I'm not getting? Some kind of internet meme or something? Because I seriously don't understand the point of this thread.

Marty81 on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    astroboy wrote:
    That stuff reminds me of the crap that was produced for the Atari 2600 during its waning days. :roll:

Except that crap was actually licensed. It at least was ET: The Extraterrestrial, and Pac-Man, and not "Super Hampster Ball", "Paccie", and "Snow White and the Seven Clever Boys".

This is worse than ET (2600). I hope that Phoenix Games realizes this.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Sweet merciful crap.

When are these games set to come out? The reviews will be delicious.

Also the inevitable lawsuits.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Perhaps this company is financed by Jack Thompson in the hopes of bringing about a second video games market crash, like the one in '84. That's the only way anything this stupid could possibly come into being.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    cloudeagle wrote:
    When are these games set to come out? The reviews will be delicious.

Also the inevitable lawsuits.

These have been out for years, but I haven't seen any reviews for them. Interestingly enough, I haven't also heard anything about lawsuits either.

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    JJJJ DailyStormer Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    what is this? You don't even find shit like this on the PC where it's not even regulated.

JJ on
  • Options
    HarshLanguageHarshLanguage Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Hmm, should I buy "Furry Tales" or "Girl Zone"? Such a dilemma.

Is this... real?

HarshLanguage on
    QSwearing_trans_smooth_small.gif
    > turn on light

Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one of your life. The light is now on.
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    What the flying hell?

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    PatboyXPatboyX Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    isnt paccie (although, i dont think spelled that way) a phonetic slur in the UK?

i seem to remember hearing it when i lived in london, reading it in books and seeing it in that first episode of "the office."

i thought it was general term of offense for people from pakistan or, more probably, any guy that looked like he might be middle eastern. have i made this up?

PatboyX on
    "lenny bruce is not afraid..."
    brush1rt1.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    What the flying hell?

This is the real Revolution!

Pata on
  • Options
    Elessar ElfstoneElessar Elfstone Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Crabby Adventure looks like the best game ever. Period.

Elessar Elfstone on
    Tobias: Or it could be your colon. I'd want to get in there and find some answers.

Forsake, Warlock of Stonemaul
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Wow. Just

Just wow.

Not even the games. The fact that a company like this takes itself seriously.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    PatboyX wrote:
    isnt paccie (although, i dont think spelled that way) a phonetic slur in the UK?

i seem to remember hearing it when i lived in london, reading it in books and seeing it in that first episode of "the office."

i thought it was general term of offense for people from pakistan or, more probably, any guy that looked like he might be middle eastern. have i made this up?

yeah i think its spelt pakkie, i seem to remeber bush made a gaffe where he said "the indians and the pakkies" in some speech

Antinumeric on
    In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I want to know who does the cover art

so I can strangle them

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Crabby Adventure looks like the best game ever. Period.
    It stars a giant friendly crab!

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Apparently the OP forgot a game.

clumsyshumsybig.jpg

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Oh holy God.

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    So this is what EA is like without any IPs to use, no money, and no developers.

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Sad thing is that I have perverse interest for these games, but none of the online retailers that I use carries Phoenix's games. :(

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Great Game? Or Greatest Game?

Pata on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    PatboyX wrote:

yeah i think its spelt pakkie, i seem to remeber bush made a gaffe where he said "the indians and the pakkies" in some speech

i think bushs gaffe was that he called pakistan part of the arab world.

on topic: these games might not be the worst in the world. if they work, they still have something up on big rig racing or whatever that game was. that game had bridges i just fell through and a level that wouldnt load.

PatboyX on
    brush1rt1.jpg
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    dropnblowpc.jpg

Hey, they make PC games too!

SteevL on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    SteevL wrote:
    dropnblowpc.jpg

Oh why can't I stop laughing.

Pata on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    SteevL wrote:
    dropnblowpc.jpg

i wish i could find that thread about games to play with your girlfriend so i could post this as a suggestion.

PatboyX on
    brush1rt1.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    streetwarrior3.jpg
    streetwarrior4.jpg
    streetwarrior2.jpg
    This is a PS2 game. :lol:

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Wait wait wait! There's more!

Hell, there's way too damn much to paste here. But the amount of crap in their PS2 section is ASTOUNDING.

http://www.phoenixgamesgroup.com/uk/playstation2a.html

Furry Tales, Son of the Lion King, "Girl Zone," etc. etc. Check it out, now.

Edit: Okay, just one.

sonofthelionkingbig.jpg

Edit edit: How could I forget Extreme Spring 3010! It's too extreme for 3000!

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    Animal SpiritsAnimal Spirits Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Have you read the descriptions?
    Dalmatians 3 - Available Now -
    Our old lady loves cookies a lot, doesn't she? Lets get some from the market for her. The little Dalmatians take the cookies without paying. The vendor calls the police and the Dalmatians are locked up.

You will never come out of here says Butch, the Bulldog. No way that we will stay here, says Kruimel. I have got an idea ...
    EDIT: this one's better.
    Monster Eggs - Available 13-04-07 -
    New version to puzzle game! Extremely fun to play! Action packed with one-eye monsters.

Try to connect the same color of one-eye monsters as fast as you can... “Perfect.........”

# Includes: Play within a time limit
    # Testing your speed and strategic thinking
    # Upgrade 7 styles
    # 3 modes: Short Mode / Relax Mode / Classic Mode
    # Combo style game mode
    # The higher the level you reach, the diversity of eggs increases

Animal Spirits on
    wiisnake2jj0.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    mightymulanbig.jpg
    legendherkulesbig.jpg
    ironchefbig.jpg
    Why haven't they been sued?

Couscous on
  • Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    It includes pairs? Pairs of what?

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    It's true, Europe really does get all the good stuff.

Invisible on