As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[OOC] N00b of Clandestein

• Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Cool, I'm sick today, so I'll have sometime to deticate to charater creation.
    I was thinking of a PTS former Special Ops marines guy with a history of drug abuse.
    What do you guys think?
    Also, is this good?

Skills:
    Lv.3 Firearms Exp.
    Lv.1 Special Ops Training
    Lv.1 Drug Knowledge

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • MondayMonday Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Now what would special ops training entail ? or is it literally "training" for a special ops ?
    P.S. this looks awesome, im getting Gantz flashbacks with this group kekekekeke.

Considering your skills- are you thinking of using a combat type class like a squire ( Think Commando) ?
    Or more covert/ survival based classes like the Scout (Self Explanatory) or the Hellion(Think Spy) ?

Monday on
    edited January 2009
    Well, he was in training before he became a sniper, so a sort of steath combat and recon training.
    Also, I've been keeping up with the story so far so I was wondering, how would I come in?
    Would I register like the rest of them, and then quickly jump in at a specific point in the story or what?

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited January 2009
    Richard Brooks (Rick to his friends):

Class- Lv.1 Hellion

Age- 25

Element- Firas

Stats-
    Will 5+1=6
    Str 4+1=5
    End 5
    Spd 7
    Emp 6
    Tek 8

32/35 Spirit
    3/100 Exp
    36/100 Lp w/ Sickles

Skills-
    Lv.3 Arms Exp.
    Lv.1 Drug Knowledge
    Lv.1 Marines Special Ops Training

Items-
    Things in Army Backpack:

Long Range

-Peacemaker
    (M24 Sniper)
    • Range: 11DecaSquares (550 feet about..)
    • +2Tek to shoot/+1Def
    • Rifle Rounds x23:
      12dmg with 5armor ignore.

-Flamer
    (Flame Thrower)
    [*]Impromptu Flameshot: Fires a jet of fire in 1 second bursts.
    [*]Range , 7x2 squares max 3targets.
    [*]Flame Can x19 Shots left
    +10DmgFire/+2Def
    Bogey Rolled against target's threshhold to see if the target catches a fire wound.

Melee

- Mr. Stabby
    (Combat Knife)
    • +1 Tek to Knife someone fatally.
    • +6atk/+3Def

-The Grimm Sisters
    (Sickles)x2
    • Each Hand gets +4Atk/+3Def
    Misc.

-[Broken] SOCOM handgun
    x32 Handgun bullets left

-Anti-Anxiety Medication

Abilities-
    Fiery Shot: You can boost one shot with Spirit and increase the projectile's damage. Using fiery shot will count as a spirit boost and cant be applied to other stats in the same roll. Firearms only.
    HeadCount: You gain back spirit for enemies defeated.
    Undercurrent: Roll emp to see a creature's underlying emotion. Finding someone in a lie will make it easier for you to sway them.
    L Sway: Roll tek to sway a target's emotions to a desired direction through some form of dialogue. Should someone fail against this but decide to resist, they will take spirit damage equal to your will.

Description-
    Male, 6' 0", Athletic Build, Goatee, Dark Blonde, shoulder length hair, tanned skin with tattoos covering his right arm and hand.

Bio-
    Born into a small SoCal family; Rick had a promising future. He had good grades in highschool and was excelling in all of his honors classes. However, tragedy struck during his Sophomore year. His father died of prostate cancer in June of Rick's second year of highschool. Rick was treated for depression and soon became addicted to sleep and anti-depression medication. His grades slowly begain to fall as with all sanity in his teenage life. In his last year of Highschool, Richard dropped out and fled from his abusive mother by joining the marines. After three months of basic training and nine more months S.O.S. training, Rick begain his five year tour of Iraq as a Combat Spy. His choice weapon was a small revolver when he was gather information for HQ and a large sniper rifle when he was on combat missions. In his mind he always followed the rule 'one bullet, one kill'. For five years, he killed, interrogated, and tortured, so that he could get the information HQ needed. At the end of his tour, 30 more insurgents were in their graves. Two months after returning to his home in SoCal, Richard was diagnosed with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, and after six years of being sober, Rick was once again addicted to both anti-anxiety meds and alcohol. When the package came, Rick was grateful just to have something to do. He lightly skimmed over the book. "Wonder if it's anything like Counter Strike", he thought as he read it. After finishing, Rick made himself a drink, took some off his meds, and donned the glasses and key-chain, unsure of what to do next...

Some Rules
    -About Dual Wielding: Should you decide to do two actions at the same time, ie. Attack with both weapons, or attack and defend with each weapon. Divide up your Tek bonus perfectly and roll each attempt seperately with their own full bonuses (ie skill ranks). Spirit burning will only allow for one of these attempts to be boosted unless you boosted another stat entirely. IE Str. 10-again crits apply.

Example:
    If you have 9tek and 3ranks in knife, You can roll one attempt as a d10+4+3, and the other one as a d10+5+3.

PS. if you decide to defend with them, just merge the two DEF stats with your str.
    If you parry with both, merge the two Def stats with your tek.
    These things are determined flatly if they're not your rolled action.

-Fight> (Bonus added to rolls to beat to hits)
    -WeaponProf. +8+ D10. > x+8

-Damage (Melee): Str+Atk > x+4
    -Damage (Ranged): Dmg

-Indirect Defense.End+Spd> 12 (General to hit. Being caught flatfooted )
    -Corporeal . End+Str> 9 (Grapple checks and the like)
    -Mental. Will+Emp> 11 (psychic attacks and the like)
    -Precedent. Spd+Will> 12 (counter attacks and the like. enemy must roll spd to beat.)
    -Threshold. End+Will> 12 ( damage you can take before getting dropped)
    -Attention. Spd+Emp> 12 (roll needed to sneak things passed you.)

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited January 2009
    Hellions are like rogues and such - fighting in the realms of psychological warfare and are natural born social engineers . You might be more suited for scout as they delve in strange environments and also do recon in a more "primal" sense - BUT hellion works too if you want to fill in the gaps in the party. In any case , heres their stats.

Will 5
    Str4
    End5
    Spd 7
    Emp 6
    Tek 8

If you want to adjust them , feel free.

Monday on
    edited January 2009
    Nope, those look great. Plus, I wouldn't want to take egos spot as when I was making the charater, I was kinda afriad that they would end up being just a little too similar. And hellion sounds cool.
    Also, what is my elemental skill? I choose firas cause I thought, army=sacrifice=firas.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited January 2009
    Here they are, sorry, I thought I posted them...

(Elemental Abilities) HeadCount: You gain back spirit for enemies defeated.
    (Class Abilities)
    Undercurrent: Roll emp to see a creature's underlying emotion. Finding someone in a lie will make it easier for you to sway them.
    L Sway: Roll tek to sway a target's emotions to a desired direction through some form of dialogue. Should someone fail against this but decide to resist, they will take spirit damage equal to your will.

Lvl3 Firearms
    (Skill Abilities)- Fiery Shot: You can boost one shot with Spirit and increase the projectile's damage. Using fiery shot will count as a spirit boost and cant be applied to other stats in the same roll. Firearms only.

Im drawing up plans for multiple continuity tracks to go on in the game. IE, parrallel occurences. When this battle is done I'll think of ways to fit you in.

Monday on
    edited January 2009
    There, all done.
    Also, I fixed up some stuff in his Bio so that the whole hellion/spy thing would make sense.
    Edit-
    When you say enemies defeated, do you mean by me personally, or by the group as a whole?

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Oops sorry folks for the hold up. School starting up this week has occupied my mind. Will get right on to the posting.

Egos on
    edited January 2009
    Yeah, this week is finals for me, so I get out at 12 :P

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited January 2009
    There, all done.
    Also, I fixed up some stuff in his Bio so that the whole hellion/spy thing would make sense.
    Edit-
    When you say enemies defeated, do you mean by me personally, or by the group as a whole?

I would say- for every point of experience you get for downing an enemy- (which is split if its a group kill or not)- is a point in spirit. Not that this is a case of either / or - you'll get spirit the same way you would experience through kills is all.

Monday on
    edited January 2009
    alright, that makes sense, thanks

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Few questions about the current stat of the game and the incoming rush.

The one warrior that's in front of me is the one me and Winston just attacked right, I'm gathering its still alive right?

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    edited January 2009
    yuh but barely

Monday on
    edited January 2009
    Ceska goes to the next room over, rifle slung on her back. With a nod, Niv gives a smile and continues firing from her post. Just like the room they were in, chairs were piled on one side, there was a scratched up black board to the north, and there were lockers filled with powertools in the south west corner. Peering out the western window, she finds a better view of the incoming monsters. One of them had already been checked by an arrow.

Is my character allowed to interact with the locker with the power tools without knowing about them directly?

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    edited January 2009
    you knew them before the fight started. Otherwise I would be saying a definite no.

Monday on
    edited January 2009
    Everyone ready ?

(Also, Tommy I may start up an IC post for you)

Monday on
    edited January 2009
    Having him fall from the sky onto some of the hogs would be fine :)

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    edited January 2009
    Roll to see if you dodge a human sized comet >:U

Monday on
    edited January 2009
    Monday wrote: »
    Everyone ready ?

(Also, Tommy I may start up an IC post for you)

yay!

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    so what does Abysmas do, I can't seem to find it.

Egos on
    edited January 2009
    its in the first post on the IC thread- I think You have a skill called Zero Out.

Monday on
    edited January 2009
    My mistake, its not written there yet- for now it involves rolling emp and orienting yourself to the enemy's perception of visibility.

here they are

Zero Out: Roll emp against a target(s) that is present , whatever you rolled is the observation check someone has to beat in order to notice you.

Skills:
    Level3 Security Systems
    L3Ability> Familiar Ground: Fighting in a Place you know (or have ranks in) gives you a +X indirect defense. X being your Tek cut in half.

Monday on
  • delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Are the dudes outside close enough to the bottles?

If not, is it possible to "ready" an action, or should I use a reaction for that?

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
    edited January 2009
    delroland wrote: »
    Are the dudes outside close enough to the bottles?

If not, is it possible to "ready" an action, or should I use a reaction for that?

This is on my mind as well.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    edited January 2009
    Reaction. But they are also well within range of it next turn.

Monday on
    edited January 2009
    What does it mean, where do you come from?

EDIT:
    Nvm, I hope how I answered is okay

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited February 2009
    Ow, you weren't kidding about the human sized comet thing, were you?

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited February 2009
    Can I use undercurrent on this guy to see if he is an enemy?

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited February 2009
    only if its obvious from the data you get from your skill

Monday on
    edited February 2009
    Battle of Duncan > Debriefing.

Kills:
    19 x 3exp Regulars (57)
    3 x 4exp Officers (12)
    1 x 5exp Leader (5)

Enemy Retreated: 30exp.
    Everyone the participated in this battle gets - 104exp

>> IF YOUVE LEVELED UP.
    Subtract 100 from your exp pool.

+ Get an Extra 5 anything points to use.
    + Individual stat increases will post later when I can access my files...
    + A New class feat (refer to bottom)/ and other resultant abilities from added ranks.

FEATS, the pool of Feats presented here are relevant to the activites done so far. No one magically learns how to plane shift if they haven't eaten some dimorphic mushrooms on Pandoras for example. You gotta do a diverse amount of activities to get a diverse selection. It is possible to learn feats without needing to level up. It usually requires 100 exp to work towards however.

Squire: Pick one -
    Fast Fight> Roll speed to get multiple attack oppurtunities, and increased indirect. Rolled Speed will also assist tek in TO hits for short ranged combat when tek is normally needed for it.

Hard Fight> Roll Str to increase damage potential. Rolled Str will also assist Tek in TO hits for melee combat when tek is normally needed for it.

Butter Fight> Roll End to increase indirect defenses and damage threshhold. Enemies that are within melee range will be at this point are eligible to get counter attacked - provided that you didn't get dropped.

>>If you want other more specific abilities just tell me and I'll list you some.

Caster. Pick one, or use up 2 AP to purchase another.

Shape Projection: Use a substantial amount of Tek to shape your "spell". Tek check increases if the shape is complex, unfamiliar , or wholly unstudied.

Will Burn: Expend X spirit for Will. This boost will sustain itself for every proceeding turn -1 and will continue until it reaches the base number. Ex. 8 Will boosted to 16 on turn 0, 15 on turn 1, 14 on two, 13 on three, 12 on 4 11 on 5 etc. (Be sure to keep track of this on your post even if you expend no action that turn.)

>>If you want other more specific abilities just tell me and I'll list you some.

Scout: Pick one or Spend 2Ap to get another.

Wind Whisper: Emp Aerias. Service area will be measured in decasquares per emp Aerias. You can converse with any familiar object so long as you can picture their face in your mind. Should that person be anywhere near your area, you can send messages as if you were talking to them.

Afar: Emp Abysma in any shaded area to build up x. Should you be (100squares(or 500ft)-X) far from someone. That person will not spot you until you get close enough.

Adaptable: Once an encounter you can affix up to 5points of your stats to other stats. Spend 5 spirit to rest it back to normal.

Kit: Pick one, or spend another 2ap to get more.

By the Book: Make an Emp Check. Get a +1rank on any weapon/ instrument you pick up as if you familiarized yourself to its use through some story or another.

Maintenence: Should an item or an instrument break, you can roll tek(1hour) and/ or spend some junk points to its repair to functionality. Instrument must be familiar or have a Rank on.

Item Make: Use junk points to create an item(s) you've encountered or studied before. Cost in junk points determined either through bogey or through use of correct materials. Time it takes to create items vary.

again, when I get home, I'll be posting some stats.

Monday on
    edited February 2009
    Stat Lvls.
    Squire: Will+1 Str +2 End+1 Spd +1
    Esper: Will+2 Str+1 Emp+1 Tek +1
    Scout: +1Will +1Str +1Spd , +1Emp +1 Tek
    Kit: +1 Will +1Str +1Spd +1 Emp +1 Tek

Monday on
    edited February 2009
    I wouldn't mind knowing if there is anything else I can also pick, Is there limits to what sort of feats a warrior can access?
    + Get an Extra 5 anything points to use.
    Do we we get a new skill at level 6 if we keep boosting this?

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    edited February 2009
    yes you do. You cap a thrid skill at lvl 10. Which gives you an extra d10 to roll. You can make up an "upgraded" skill on top of that however.

Monday on
    edited February 2009
    on the same note, if you have a stat at 20+ , You get to roll 2d10 instead of one.

Monday on
    edited February 2009
    Last question. Can I attempt to use my 5 skill point on something more fictional.

Is it a case of, if you can think of it you can make skill up in it. Or does it need to be humanly possible?

For example A Kit blows stuff up with their mind. Can they start building skills that might support blowing stuff up with their mind. Even though such things are not possible outside of the game.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    edited February 2009
    huh ? if it has a name it can get skills.

the real question is if you get anything out of it with abilities

and if it can apply to certain rolls.

for fictional actions - limit it to abilities you know as a player.

Monday on
    edited February 2009
    Do I have any weapons on me at the moment?

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited February 2009
    Nope.

Upon looking around, however. You find a knife on the table to the side of The room.

Monday on
    edited February 2009
    Well this sucks...

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg