As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Magic Toaster and Forbe Variety [CHAT]

• Options
    crawdaddiocrawdaddio Tacoma, WARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2009
    Jesus Christ, I leave for one day, and everyone decides that's when they're going to post everything. And beavo, the ointment rubbing thing gave me this mental picture of you as a supervillain with a horde of forumers eager to do your evil bidding. It could be the lack of sleep, or it could be the tea biscuits. Also, Loomdun, I seriously can't figure you out. When I first came back, I thought, jeez, this guy posts drunk a lot. But you never sobered up...

crawdaddio on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Trying to figure out loomy will only lead to you be insane.

edit: ... Loony Loomy?

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    If, ten years ago, you told me that today I would be surfing the internet from the comfort of my own toilet, I'd have laughed at you.

Well look at me now.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Well look at me now.

But, but I don't want to.

edit: not while you're on the can.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• Options
    srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Last night I dreamt me and someone else were planning on committing suicide by falling off a really high waterfall, but before the edge we perched on an iceberg and I wondered why I was planning on ever doing that, and swam back to the shore.

There was more to the dream, but that was the most interesting part that I remember.

[edit] On the conversation path of dreams.

That Jung one MT described seems really far-fetched. I guess if you're a kind of person that knows of architecture, it's possible, but I know so little about identifying architecture that the idea of noticing it in a dream seems bizarre.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    There's a guy at work who says "robot" like Zoidberg and it brings me joy every time.

Six on
    can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    rowbut?

(i'm off to my second drawing class of the year! hopefully I don't have to draw an egg this time...)

Nappuccino on

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    rowbut?

Verily. It's fun enough on its own, but when someone just drops it in the course of a normal conversation, it gives me the giggles.

Six on
    can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    srsizzy wrote: »
    That Jung one MT described seems really far-fetched. I guess if you're a kind of person that knows of architecture, it's possible, but I know so little about identifying architecture that the idea of noticing it in a dream seems bizarre.

Ah! No, that was Jung's own dream and his interpretation of it. But yes, Jung states that you'll dream with that you're familiar with and attribute meaning according to what you know (duh!). He would often research his subjects dreams to accurately descifer their meanings, be them theological, architectural, mythological or cultural.

Jung was the man. I'm gonna call my dog Jung or Guttenberg. Maybe Jung Guttenbert!

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Good news, guys, the bullshit with the unemployment office has been cleared up and I should start receiving money soon.

However, I really wish that the time spent working on this could have been spent looking for a new job.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    beavotron wrote: »
    hahaha
    amazing
    all i can picture is your beard
    just rustling in the light breeze as you flap lazily along

Some lady chases me sometimes with a broom. Like I'm a pigeon on her stoop she is trying to spook away.
    DMAC wrote: »
    I've had similar dreams in the past with unrelated events that took place in the same fictional composite shopping mall.

Dude...I have dreams like that all the time.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    BetelgeuseBetelgeuse Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I have a handful of recurring fictional dream locales too, including a shopping mall. Why does everyone have shopping mall dreams?

Betelgeuse on
  • Options
    .Tripwire..Tripwire. Firman Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Your most frequently dreamed location is where your subconscious will lead you when you're undead.

So while you chumps are all dawnofthedeading it up at the local shopping centre, I'll be shuffling my way over to a lush park.

.Tripwire. on
    sigi_moe.pngsigi_deviantart.pngsigi_twitter.pngsigi_steam.pngsigi_tumblr.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    nappuccino wrote:
    (i'm off to my second drawing class of the year! hopefully I don't have to draw an egg this time...)

The good news, we didn't draw eggs.
    The bad news, we had to draw eggs with lines on them.

I get the point of the exercise... but god it's mind numbing to spend 2.5 hours drawing an egg with lines on it...

Nappuccino on

• Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I have reoccuring 'nude in the street with no recolection of how I got there' dreams. They are.....unpleasant.

Mustang on
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I dream about being in public transport.

EVERY NIGHT

IT IS MAKING ME ANGRY

Mayday on
  • Options
    D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    You must be European.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I generate alcohol so I never have to drink it was how I adapted to my environment, like how giraffes adapted with longer necks to eat the food that no other animal can reach.

My dreams I seem to always end up reading something or doing math, like one time I whent to the cash register and she was like "that'll be 2.37" so I gave her 2 dollars a quarter a dime and 2 pennies, or I'm walking along a mountain and then I see writing along a wall and I start reading it.

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So I was walking around Chinatown earlier today with my buddy Dorian, and we find an arcade in this hole-in-the-wall mall area that carried a Marvel vs. Capcom 2 arcade cabinet. We did not hesitate to plunk down our hard earned quarters on a few rounds, and we were either going to play till our eyes bled or until our next class started up.

Unfortunately, the damage must have been crazy ramped up or something, because I was able to take down my buddy's teammates with a few well-placed hits. I'm not used to having my Venom take out Wolverine in six blows.

Long story short the fights lasted at best twenty seconds before we ran out of quarters. What a gyp!

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Do semesters feel like years to anyone else? I keep saying "last year when I was in human anatomy errrrrrrrrrr... I mean a month agoooo...."

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Mustang wrote: »
    I have reoccuring 'nude in the street with no recolection of how I got there' dreams. They are.....unpleasant.

I have never had a "naked in public" dream, until I started thinking a lot about how I'd never had one.

Then I had a dream where that happened, briefly, in my school cafeteria...and everyone looked at me and I said, "Oh, so this is what it's like [to have this kind of dream]"

Horribly underwhelming.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    KendeathwalkerKendeathwalker Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Do semesters feel like years to anyone else? I keep saying "last year when I was in human anatomy errrrrrrrrrr... I mean a month agoooo...."

This can be referred to as the texture of time.

Constantly being exposed to new things makes that time seem longer. School does this a lot.

Once your out you and fall into a rythm youll more likely be suprised each time the month changes.

..I think I picked that up from Nabokov

Kendeathwalker on
  • Options
    crawdaddiocrawdaddio Tacoma, WARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2009
    I still haven't had one of those dreams. To be honest, I doubt I ever will (though one never knows). Honestly, I remember a dream usually about once every few months, and often times they fade from my memory really quickly once I wake up.

crawdaddio on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I've never had a naked dream either, and whenever I have any form of dream with anything fantasy like it always requires me to think to much. Like I have to put all my concentration for something magical-like to happen and then it sucks anyways and sometimes nothing doesn't even happen because I wasn't concentrating on it enough, or i'm KINDA flying, and then I lose my train of thought.

Then lose it and dive/fall into a random object and i keep trying to fly again and falling face first after I run a bunch then dive into the air and go "UGH FLYING SUCKS ASS" those dreams piss me off.

Edit: I usually give up trying to fly and I just run to where I was wanting to go.

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I keep having dreams where I fall from high places.

They say it's a good thing that you wake up right before you hit the ground, because if you die in your dream, you die in real life.

Well, I've never woken up before hitting the ground. Every single time I smash into the ground and it hurts like a bitch, then I get up, dusting myself off and swearing like a truck driver.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Did anyone catch this clip (click the uncensored version, I can't get a direct link to work) of christian bale going mental? I've never heard anyone blow a gasket that badly and get away with it, which he obviously didn't.

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Well, if people are willing to hire the douchebag, they should have to put up his childish temper tantrums.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Im willing to sweep this under the rug because batman was awesome.

If he had just stopped after the first time the guy said "ok I get it".. it wouldnt be so bad.

Kendeathwalker on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I had no idea he was such an enourmous cock.

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I imagine he takes himself and his work very seriously.

He probably thinks his acting is better than sex.

Therefore if I were in the middle of fucking and some one interrupted. ID skip straight to the fucking drop kick.

edit:..upon review.. this doesnt really make much sense.

Kendeathwalker on
  • Options
    DeeLockDeeLock Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    What a douchbag.

"Seriously man, we're fucking done professionally."

He...accidentally walked into the shot...

DeeLock on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Talk about hitting you out of the blue:

When I was thirteen, I saw this girl on tv, same age as me, being interviewed. I immediately had a crush on her and thought to myself, "wow, she's so hot. I should make it my life's goal to meet her!"

Needless to say I had a crush on someone else a few hours later. I was thirteen, after all.

But I was sitting here, looking through myspace, and I realized that I was looking at the profile of the girl I'd seen on TV 19 years ago. It suddenly hit me in the face like a truck:

As it turns out, I went out with her once about three years ago. She was hot, and she was nice, but she just didn't have whatever it was that makes me interested in someone.

I'm kinda glad I didn't remember who she was, I might have been pretty intimidated when I went out with her.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

When I was thirteen, I saw this girl on tv, same age as me, being interviewed. I immediately had a crush on her and thought to myself, "wow, she's so hot. I should make it my life's goal to meet her!"

Needless to say I had a crush on someone else a few hours later. I was thirteen, after all.

But I was sitting here, looking through myspace, and I realized that I was looking at the profile of the girl I'd seen on TV 19 years ago. It suddenly hit me in the face like a truck:

As it turns out, I went out with her once about three years ago. She was hot, and she was nice, but she just didn't have whatever it was that makes me interested in someone.

I'm kinda glad I didn't remember who she was, I might have been pretty intimidated when I went out with her.

Hah! What are the chances? Funny.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    So, I've never seen Citizen Kane. Is this a major oversite on my part and I really should I be rushing out to buy a copy like right now or is a technically brilliant movie but essential tragically boring?

I tend to be getting both sides of the argument from most places which has left me smack bang in the middle of Indecision city.

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Hah! What are the chances? Funny.

Technically, about 1 in three hundred million. Not factoring any accidents or moves out-of-country.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    @dreams: I usually don't have any that i remember. The ones I do end up being short 30 second bits of sound and one to two very specific images that lead to some head scratching deja-vu moments a few weeks later. I mean, exactly alike in every which way.

As far as I know, that shouldn't be possible, but that's what happens.

If only it were something important i saw in my dream, its always "song + my friends expression is a specific room" or "friend says something specific and a car blares its horn, car is some kinda rare car (for the area)

its fucking weird.

@mustang: rent it?

Nappuccino on

• Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'm going in for an eye exam tomorrow. They're going check for signs of macular degeneration and glaucoma since my Grandpa and Grandma had them, respectively.

I'm kinda nervous.

Tam on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Impossible, blockbuster only keep rubbish movies on their shelves. If it's not retardedly simplistic they don't want to know about it. It's not really about the money though, it's about slotting it into my schedule that demands I make my movie watching decisions wisely. I only get the time to watch approx. one flick a week.
    The ones I do end up being short 30 second bits of sound and one to two very specific images that lead to some head scratching deja-vu moments a few weeks later. I mean, exactly alike in every which way.

I get this all the time, except it's months and sometimes years later. Very peculiar, I'm assuming it's just a coincidence rather than any ability on my part to see into the future, though it would be pretty rad if it was.

Nothing to worry about Tam, stop worrying about nothing.

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Mustang wrote: »

Impossible, blockbuster only keep rubbish movies on their shelves. If it's not retardedly simplistic they don't want to know about it. It's not really about the money though, it's about slotting it into my schedule that demands I make my movie watching decisions wisely. I only get the time to watch approx. one flick a week.

well... one mans boring movie is another mans brilliant one. I say you might as well give it a shot (if nothing else, keep in mind the year it came out)

Nappuccino on

• Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Why didn't someone tell me Neil Gaiman is going to be the one to kill Batman?

Tam on
This discussion has been closed.