As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

WH40K: DoW2 multiplayer thread. Now with more jailings!

• JJJJ DailyStormer Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    guidos should be grounds for an infraction.

JJ on
  • CanisAquilusCanisAquilus Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    If for nothing else you have to admire B44's consistancy in being able to make every single song pretty blatently about sex.

CanisAquilus on
  • valiancevaliance Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    is anyone else unable to play 3v3 just because they don't like the idea of different races teaming up? that isn't just a terrible joke. i've just never liked enemies on the same side.

haha I'm not unable to play 3v3 but I do always think about it. probably because of this comic:

20070305.jpg

it's funny that it never bothered me in starcraft or warcraft though hrmm :P

valiance on
  • MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So what juicy drama did I miss in the last thread

MinionOfCthulhu on
    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • UseskaforevilUseskaforevil Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    valiance wrote: »
    is anyone else unable to play 3v3 just because they don't like the idea of different races teaming up? that isn't just a terrible joke. i've just never liked enemies on the same side.

haha I'm not unable to play 3v3 but I do always think about it. probably because of this comic:

20070305.jpg

it's funny that it never bothered me in starcraft or warcraft though hrmm :P

nice, i had forgotten about that one

Useskaforevil on
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    They are nuts, but they can't be used other then for barrage right?

I'm not exactly sure what the cooldown on it is but it felt really low. Those terminators were laying waste to predators and dreads really fucking often. I'm sure it couldn't have been more than 20 or 30 seconds. Sadly I hadn't seen how to save games from the OP or I'd have saved it.

Kelor on
  • delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Who's supposed to be the floating, greasy, armored brain? Doesn't sound like 'Nids.

Also, I'm holding out on DoW2 until Squats.

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
    edited February 2009
    delroland wrote: »
    Who's supposed to be the floating, greasy, armored brain? Doesn't sound like 'Nids.

I was thinking maybe the Enslavers, but that's pretty obscure.

MinionOfCthulhu on
    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

I don't think there's a clear corollary to the brain, but their enemy sounds pretty Necron-esque.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I just can't wait for Chaos. Why? Because Chaos is Strong, Chaos is Power, and Chaos is Legion!

We_Are_Legion.jpg

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I hope chaos never makes it in.

Oh my god, is chaos boring.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
    edited February 2009
    I just can't wait for Chaos. Why? Because Chaos is Strong, Chaos is Power, and Chaos is Legion!

chaos_dwarf_warriors_2_1.jpg

Fixed.

delroland on
  • SpindriftSpindrift Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

We_Are_Legion.jpg

Battle Brothers 7: Spiky Bits

Spindrift on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    STUNTIES

Zen Vulgarity on
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    On the old GW forums, if you mentioned squats your posts were removed and you were often banned.

Good times.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    kedinik wrote: »

I don't think there's a clear corollary to the brain, but their enemy sounds pretty Necron-esque.

Sounds like a Dreadnought to me.

manwiththemachinegun on
    edited February 2009
    delroland on
    edited February 2009
    kedinik wrote: »

Sounds like a Dreadnought to me.

Well, you're wrong.

JJ on
  • Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    The problem with WH40k is that Wh40k is Chaos and SM. Everything else is just frosting on the cake. The main storyline revolves around Space Marines and Chaos. And Chaos can be interesting if people just let go of the 'Chaos is just corrupted space marines!'. Honestly if they were to do a chaos race, they should look into all factions of chaos. I mean I want hordes of corrupted cultists (without that dumbass voice actor) and demons. If they really want Chaos Space Marines, have them be a tier 3 unit.

Though the next race is going to be Imperial Guard. I think they should really focus on line warfare for imperial guards. As in you have guards form lines in front of tanks acting as meat shields for the tanks. You know what? Make the Leman Ross a tier one unit! Have it that the guards will automatically retreat once their morale reach 0, unless there's a commissioner around.

I want the guard to be an unstoppable wall of flashlight ready to collapse at the slightest hint of a break.

Casually Hardcore on
  • SonarSonar Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    JJ whats your quote from? Sounds Kingish.

I'm sorry I missed the Zoanthrope talk. I'll definatly have to try them out. I get too much into trying to perfect one strategy and don't try new things. I guess I don't like to think too much. :P

Sonar on
    I'm building a real pirate ship. Really. Wanna help? Click here!
    steam_sig.png
    caffron said: "and cat pee is not a laughing matter"
  • TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Daemons, Pskers, Possessed Machinery Omy.

TheCrumblyCracker on
    edited February 2009
    So... I've been playing eldar recently to investigate everyones complaints about how shitty they are, and how its impossible to win with them or something.

I get matched up against a trueskill 24 ork player for like my third or forth head to head game with eldar.

I eventually pull off a victory without making a single platform, and despite being afk for the first two and a half minutes of the game. 8-)

http://www.gamereplays.org/dawnofwar2/replays.php?game=47&tab=upcoming&show=details&id=67856&st=0#post5482528

CanisAquilus on
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Maybe you're just like... Eldar Jesus or something.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
    edited February 2009
    So... I've been playing eldar recently to investigate everyones complaints about how shitty they are, and how its impossible to win with them or something.

I get matched up against a trueskill 24 ork player for like my third or forth head to head game with eldar.

I eventually pull off a victory without making a single platform, and despite being afk for the first two and a half minutes of the game. 8-)

http://www.gamereplays.org/dawnofwar2/replays.php?game=47&tab=upcoming&show=details&id=67856&st=0#post5482528

Hear that ladies and gents?

Nerf Eldar.

JJ on
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Is there something I have to tinker with to get the client to load replays? I can highlight them, I can see them but it won't allow to load the file.

Edit: I fail at the double click.

Kelor on
  • Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Kelor wrote: »
    Is there something I have to tinker with to get the client to load replays? I can highlight them, I can see them but it won't allow to load the file.

Double click the replay. Buttons are only for the full version.

Edit: beat'd by the questioner. You cad!

Vi Monks on
  • GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009

Yeah, nobody says you can't win anymore. It's just not as fun not buiding any aspect warriors.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Ugh, so I had my first game against a decent nid player since the patch. Carnifex spam can't be beat with Eldar. I tried brightlance platforms, wraithlords, falcons and D-Cannons. Nothing works, and they kill any platform squad in two shots.

Wraithlords were nerfed so hard it's not even funny, their shuriken cannon/brightlance does absolute shit for damage now and they fall in about 4 shots from anything AV or plasma. Platforms just aren't agile enough, it's too easy to just walk outside their line of fire knowing it will take them 10 seconds to redeploy, and one hit from anything semi-powerful will push the platform around and leave it facing the wrong way.

I can deal with orks pretty well, and a SM player who doesn't spam dreads or doesn't micro them well I can beat with brightlance platforms and some falcons. But good nids are just unstoppable. And by good I mean hive tyrant/ravener, zoeys and carnifex spammers.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

That's basically Zoanthropes.

Salvation122 on
    edited February 2009
    Goomba wrote: »

Yeah, nobody says you can't win anymore. It's just not as fun not buiding any aspect warriors.

aren't there only 2 aspect warriors anyway? shees and warp spiders? or am I forgetting someone...

valiance on
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yeah that's it, I don't consider guardians aspect warriors but they are called as such by the game and in the TT..I can't remember. The point is actual infantry is more enjoyable to use than a floating slab of concrete with a weapon stuck on it.

I think platforms should be made swifter than other armies heavy weaopns, a faster deploy time or something (seriously, it's a platform that floats steadily under it's own power, why you can't just fire it as soon as you stop I have no idea). Not that I'm suggesting they remove deploy time entirely, but something like halving undeploy/deploy time when just pivoting on the spot or something.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
    edited February 2009
    Rami wrote: »
    Yeah that's it, I don't consider guardians aspect warriors but they are called as such by the game and in the TT..I can't remember. The point is actual infantry is more enjoyable to use than a floating slab of concrete with a weapon stuck on it.

I think platforms should be made swifter than other armies heavy weaopns, a faster deploy time or something (seriously, it's a platform that floats steadily under it's own power, why you can't just fire it as soon as you stop I have no idea). Not that I'm suggesting they remove deploy time entirely, but something like halving undeploy/deploy time when just pivoting on the spot or something.

which would just encourage more platform use? I thought the whole thing was that platforms are effective but not fun

also: Chaos is awesome and you guys are dumb. ethugs is right that chaos/sm is the central concept of the wh40k universe, so its a little weird for Chaos not to be in the first game. It is nice that they went with nids though.. you get 4 unique races instead of 3.5, and people had been wanting nids for forever. Are SM and CSM very similar in TT?

valiance on
  • dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Id rather see the rest of the eldar units be useful. Maybe decrease the brightlance platform deploy time slightly since other races all have anti-vehicle units with no setup time (though weaker, like the tankbustaz).

Really I'd love to run into a bunch of guardians and warp spiders without wondering where the platform is, because its the only real threat. Spiking nades and spamming platforms shouldn't be all of t1.

dispatch.o on
    edited February 2009
    Well, when they introduce Chaos they could introduce it as the Daemons of Chaos army (its a new army that's out)

Lord_Asmodeus on
    edited February 2009

chaos_dwarf_warriors_2_1.jpg

Fixed.

FACT: Chaos Dwarves are the best Fantasy army.

MinionOfCthulhu on
    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
    edited February 2009
    Well, when they introduce Chaos they could introduce it as the Daemons of Chaos army (its a new army that's out)

Chaos Daemons would be much, much preferred to Chaos Space Marines. CSM are so fucking boring it's not even funny.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
    edited February 2009
    Chaos Demons would work only if they got four heroes.

MinionOfCthulhu on
    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • AkiraAkira Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Pancake wrote: »

Chaos Daemons would be much, much preferred to Chaos Space Marines. CSM are so fucking boring it's not even funny.

Yeah but Chaos is super popular, I think it's the second more popular after regular Space Marines. Relic managed to make vanilla marines fairly interesting in DoW2 which is a pretty amazing feat so if anyone can pull off interesting Chaos it'd be them.

Akira on
    akira.gif
    edited February 2009
    Akira wrote: »
    Pancake wrote: »

Yeah but Chaos is super popular, I think it's the second more popular after regular Space Marines. Relic managed to make vanilla marines fairly interesting in DoW2 which is a pretty amazing feat so if anyone can pull off interesting Chaos it'd be them.

Yeah, they could do something pretty cool with them. Like, hmm. How about a whole army that can cloak and is armed with plasma? That would be pretty cool.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
    edited February 2009
    dispatch.o wrote: »
    Really I'd love to run into a bunch of guardians and warp spiders without wondering where the platform is, because its the only real threat.

You should probably watch the replay I posted.

CanisAquilus on