As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[OOC] N00b of Clandestein

• delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    updated stats, thinking on what to spend my AP

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Can i reach it?

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • MondayMonday Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Del: You can put in points to one of the 9 elements if you want.

Monday on
    edited February 2009
    Should those go under skills?

delroland on
    edited February 2009
    They can, think of them as "developed knacks"

The result can get you elemental based skills perhaps

Monday on
    edited February 2009
    That was ridiculous.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited February 2009
    you rolled like 2 10s and spirit boosted OH btw,you get 5 spirit due to your feat.

Monday on
    edited February 2009
    Awsome

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited February 2009
    I'm going to put two in fire and three in air then.

delroland on
    edited February 2009
    This is gonna suck if I can't find the weapons I asked for.
    Just kidding.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited February 2009
    Rank 2 Firas: get a +2 on Firas Emping and firas based casting.

Rank 3 Aerias: Get a +3 on Aerias Emping and aerias based casting.
    Possible Abilities: Pick one

> Channeling: LEAVE YOUR MORTAL SHELL WHILE YOU TAKE TO THE SKIIIIIES- OH JESUS A SPACE DRAGON
    > Leyline Whisper: Communicate with the winds from afar, might cause schizzophrenia like symptoms.
    > Graceful Command: Emping Aerias takes up half your Soma.

Monday on
    edited February 2009
    What is soma again?

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited February 2009
    In magical terms, its your field of exclusivity- or in less stranger terms , the body of your soul. Thnk of soma as your potential vessel of magic and as such, its linked directly to spirit. Your "MP" can't exceed your current Spirit, for example.

Monday on
  • warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Would "Do the imposable" be a valid skill? Or is something like open for too much interpretation to be a valid skill.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    edited February 2009
    DTI could work - but you know... getting a +1 on something that has a terribly high high high bogey to beat would be too few and far between that would much less work.

On the other hand, a caster once assigned ranks to " pastries" and now, I cant put this man next to a donut shop lest he blows up the patrons and a few castles with its jelly delight.

again, have fun with this but please put it in context with your character.

In fact dont try anything too silly or im just gonna murder you with interdimensional slime princessi

Monday on
    edited February 2009
    Ok, Ya I'm just trying to make some choices which would be fun not not completely game breaking.

Edit: I have ideas for direct ability more than skills themselves. So I'm trying to workout how i would progress my character in the style I am after.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    edited February 2009
    Are we talking fun, Nickelodeon-style slime, or acid, oh-my-god-my-face-is-melting-someone-please-help-me slime?
    It does make a difference

Also, at what post does it become night?

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Ok. Leveled up and added points and suchlike. This is how the sheet has changed:
    Name: Cesca
    Level 2: Kit
    Element: Chronos

Stats:

Will: 8
    Str: 6
    End: 6
    Spd: 7
    Emp: 9
    Tek: 10

Spirit: 36

EXP: 19

Kit Abilities:

Analyze> Break things down to it's basic components to deduce a function by rolling EMPx. Xbeing a unit of time you're gonna put in.

Speed Read> Player can read through a book in less time than it takes a normal person. (Reading books gives you ranks)

Analyze:
    Tactilingual: After one day of cultural immersion, you will begin to understand the region's language and gain an introductory rank (Lvl 0 Language X). On first encounters, roll emp to deduce meaning from the syntax and rhythm. And Tek to feed it.

By the Book: Make an Emp check. Get +1rank on any weapon/instrument you pick as if you familiarized yourself to its use through some story or another.

Skills:

Languages: 3 (Latin, Ancient Greek, German)
    Computing: 1

BobCesca on
    edited February 2009
    Name: Warban

lvl 2 Squire
    Element : Luminas

End08
    Str10
    Spd07
    Tek05
    Will06
    Emp04

Spirit 34/41

Skills
    Rank 3 - Natural System Debugger. (Hardware/Software Understand/Recovery/Exploitation)
    Rank 1 - Over Enthusiastic Attention Seeker. (Taunting/Challenging/Persuasion)
    (+2)Rank 3 - Drill Weapon Proficiency. (Combat with a Weapon which Spins on an point while being pushed into another object.)
    (+3) Rank 3 - Spirit Charged Movement. (Attempt to to make an extended jump, Wall run or just a faster ground movement.)

OK. These are my choices. Allowed/Issues/Skills?

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    edited February 2009
    Btw, your Spirit is the SUM of your stats.

So add up the six numbers and arrive at your new max spirit :D

Ceska, Have you cashed in those 5 AP (anything-points) yet ?

Monday on
    edited February 2009
    Ok, Should be done then.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    hmm i'll try and get back to you soon, unfortunately school starting up has confused things

Egos on
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Monday wrote: »
    Btw, your Spirit is the SUM of your stats.

So add up the six numbers and arrive at your new max spirit :D

Ceska, Have you cashed in those 5 AP (anything-points) yet ?

I added them to my stats...was that wrong?

BobCesca on
    edited February 2009
    no it isn't but it threw me off that your spirit was at 36 X3

Your spirit is at 46. Which could make you one of the most potentially dangerous people here if given the time :3.

PS. Warban, any skill you have thats tapped lvl 3 or lvl 5 gets a new skill. I cant generate them now but indicate whether you want to get a /supportive/ /offensive/ or /defensive/ skill ability from them. This goes for everyone as well.

Monday on
    edited February 2009
    Do I get any exp for killing those undermen eariler?

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited February 2009
    no it isn't but it threw me off that your spirit was at 36 X3

Your spirit is at 46. Which could make you one of the most potentially dangerous people here if given the time :3.

PS. Warban, any skill you have thats tapped lvl 3 or lvl 5 gets a new skill. I cant generate them now but indicate whether you want to get a /supportive/ /offensive/ or /defensive/ skill ability from them. This goes for everyone as well.

The Movement one would be a /supportive/ - Ie use the ablility one beat before using a movement action to improve the odds or simply go further.

The Weapion prof would be /Offensive/ - I Guess the question would be what sort of other level 3 weapion skills are there?

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    edited February 2009
    btw Warb. you haven't picked a class based feat yet.

Squire: Pick one -
    Fast Fight> Roll speed to get multiple attack oppurtunities, and increased indirect. Rolled Speed will also assist tek in TO hits for short ranged combat when tek is normally needed for it.

Hard Fight> Roll Str to increase damage potential. Rolled Str will also assist Tek in TO hits for melee combat when tek is normally needed for it.

Butter Fight> Roll End to increase indirect defenses and damage threshhold. Enemies that are within melee range will be at this point are eligible to get counter attacked - provided that you didn't get dropped.

Anyways, heres some abilities generated from you skills.

Movement Skill (Supportives):Pick one
    > Run Through: IN your movement turn, you can run passed, jump over, or maneuver around or next to an enemy so long as 5 feet of room exists. Enemy will have to make a spd check against your precedent (Will+Spd) to initiate a reaction against you.
    > Lvl1 Jump: Without costing extra speed, you can jump to areas up to your height.

Drill proficiency: (Offensive)
    (Supplementary: How Drills apply mechanical damage.
    Most mechanical weapons are known for giving repetitive amounts damage or large payloads of it. In return, great skill may be needed to operate them as well as a little elbow grease (str). This Drill has an Attack of 3Repeating Hold damage. Meaning that so long as your STR allows you to Hold the instrument in place, (which is an accumulating bogey every tic) 3damage will continuously be applied to the enemy. Provided that you manage to hit them of course... )

Drill Proficiency Skill (Offensive):Pick one
    > Manual Battery: Burn spirit towards will. If your Drill is out of batteries it will make as many attacks as will burned.
    > High Powered: For extra battery power, allow your drill to do twice the damage it yields.
    > Tunnel Scope: Roll Emp to focus on one enemy. On the next turn, your TO-hit will recieve the benefits of the EMP roll.

Monday on
    edited February 2009
    can I reallocate Hacking to something else, since it doesnt seem like that skill will be of any use?

Egos on
    edited February 2009
    It might be when you "log off "

And yeah, I'll let you allocate one point of it to something else.

Monday on
    edited February 2009
    with the abilities , when they say Aerias (or whatever the air one is) or Abysmas next to it, does that mean its required you be that? Or does it just mean what element the ability is associated with (kind of like Final Fantasy) ?

Egos on
    edited February 2009
    btw Warb. you haven't picked a class based feat yet.

Squire: Pick one -
    Fast Fight> Roll speed to get multiple attack oppurtunities, and increased indirect. Rolled Speed will also assist tek in TO hits for short ranged combat when tek is normally needed for it.

Hard Fight> Roll Str to increase damage potential. Rolled Str will also assist Tek in TO hits for melee combat when tek is normally needed for it.

Butter Fight> Roll End to increase indirect defenses and damage threshhold. Enemies that are within melee range will be at this point are eligible to get counter attacked - provided that you didn't get dropped.

Anyways, heres some abilities generated from you skills.

Movement Skill (Supportives):Pick one
    > Run Through: IN your movement turn, you can run passed, jump over, or maneuver around or next to an enemy so long as 5 feet of room exists. Enemy will have to make a spd check against your precedent (Will+Spd) to initiate a reaction against you.
    > Lvl1 Jump: Without costing extra speed, you can jump to areas up to your height.

Drill proficiency: (Offensive)
    (Supplementary: How Drills apply mechanical damage.
    Most mechanical weapons are known for giving repetitive amounts damage or large payloads of it. In return, great skill may be needed to operate them as well as a little elbow grease (str). This Drill has an Attack of 3Repeating Hold damage. Meaning that so long as your STR allows you to Hold the instrument in place, (which is an accumulating bogey every tic) 3damage will continuously be applied to the enemy. Provided that you manage to hit them of course... )

Drill Proficiency Skill (Offensive):Pick one
    > Manual Battery: Burn spirit towards will. If your Drill is out of batteries it will make as many attacks as will burned.
    > High Powered: For extra battery power, allow your drill to do twice the damage it yields.
    > Tunnel Scope: Roll Emp to focus on one enemy. On the next turn, your TO-hit will recieve the benefits of the EMP roll.

Green is picked skills

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    edited February 2009
    Should I roleplay my "offline" stuff? Or are we waiting for Tommy's character to catch up?

delroland on
    edited February 2009
    you can role play it. It's still counted as "ingame."

Monday on
    edited February 2009
    Egos, you dont need to be a certain element to be able to use it. When an ability requires a use of an element, you can use it THEN just for that specific use among other rudimentary functions. When it comes to elements native to your character, you just get bonuses to using it. And added perks when your "Moon" comes around.

Monday on
    edited February 2009
    Egos if you shoot me, I will have to hurt you. Did you see my rolls before? I roll tens.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited February 2009
    Egos if you shoot me, I will have to hurt you. Did you see my rolls before? I roll tens.

Why would I shoot you?

Egos on
    edited February 2009
    I dunno. Maybe Sandman thinks that this is just an npc and goes all grand theft auto.
    lol

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited February 2009
    Holding off on posting until the current situation resolves itself...

... hopefully without warban's brains on the wall.

delroland on
    edited February 2009
    I think my motherfucker line was pretty great.
    Consensus?

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited February 2009
    You wrote sentence.

I read sentence.

Laugh? Y/N

>I have decided to kill myself. Gain 3 exp.
    You recieved, (1)Acid.

but...

your inventory is full.

Will you drop Acid ? Y/N

Monday on