As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[LOTRO] Barrovian Society Wanders but is not Lost

• SabanSaban Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Dedian wrote: »
    Saban wrote: »
    Where are the quest hubs in West/North Bree land? All i know of is Adso's camp.

West of Adso's is the Old Forest.. don't know if that's around your level. Don't think there's one in North bree land - there's a few around the horsefields.

looking for quests around 13-15.

Lone Lands starts at 15?

Saban on
    371839-1.png
  • Stevo 22Stevo 22 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

West of Adso's is the Old Forest.. don't know if that's around your level. Don't think there's one in North bree land - there's a few around the horsefields.

Lone Lands starts at 15?

You're looking at Lone Lands or the Great Barrows, mostly.

And hell yes, I would love to be part of the Barrovian Society, but if it can't be managed, let's just create a new kinship. Nothing wrong with that. I've been dying to restart the kin I used to be Lord of... Angmars Volta. Great band, good fun, that sort of thing.

Stevo 22 on
    "It's do or die." "Hey, I've died twice."
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Lone Lands starts at 15?
    Old Forest, Great Barrows, Northern Bree Fields if you haven't rushed through those already.

Aldo on
  • MrOlettaMrOletta Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    My friend and I just recently loaded this up as well. We're about level ~10 thus far. I've been joining the penny arcade channel recently, but it seems there's at most only me and someone else on there. Do is it possible to have two chat channels up with the same name, but one password protected and the other not? I've been joining channel pennyarcade, but with no password.

MrOletta on
  • Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Stevo 22 wrote: »

Lone Lands starts at 15?

You're looking at Lone Lands or the Great Barrows, mostly.

And hell yes, I would love to be part of the Barrovian Society, but if it can't be managed, let's just create a new kinship. Nothing wrong with that. I've been dying to restart the kin I used to be Lord of... Angmars Volta. Great band, good fun, that sort of thing.

Mother of fuck-all, I am hung over.

It can and shall be managed in due time, sir. The issue with joining a kin with a name like Angmars Volta, is that not everyone's a fan of the band, and thus may not appreciate it as you do. Just a thought.

Triple B on
    Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
    edited February 2009
    If I ever start my own kin it'll be called Kings Among Runaways and if anyone hates the Decemberists so much that they wouldn't want to join a kin based on that then they're no cool anyway. >:[

Aldo on
    edited February 2009
    Aldo wrote: »
    If I ever start my own kin it'll be called Kings Among Runaways and if anyone hates the Decemberists so much that they wouldn't want to join a kin based on that then they're no cool anyway. >:[

It's not a matter of hating the band, it's just that in joining such a kin, one would be misrepresenting oneself if one wasn't a fan. It's not a huge deal. At all. But I wouldn't put a Decemberists sticker on my car if I'd never heard them before.

Triple B on
    edited February 2009
    It has to be an obscure reference, I thought that was what that Angmars somethingsomething was?

Aldo on
  • DedianDedian Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I sent Hjartad a little present for his 35th birthday

Edit:
    That goes for anyone on Landroval - just hit Master Artisan tailor on Dedian, which means I can make crit'd light and medium armor up to around level 35. If you want something made, and can send me some hides, I'll get to stitchin it up for ya, or if you just need someone to boil hides...

Here's a big ol' list of stuff I can maybe make (I don't have a lot of the dropped recipes): http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=141563

Dedian on
  • Simon MoonSimon Moon Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    MrOletta wrote: »
    My friend and I just recently loaded this up as well. We're about level ~10 thus far. I've been joining the penny arcade channel recently, but it seems there's at most only me and someone else on there. Do is it possible to have two chat channels up with the same name, but one password protected and the other not? I've been joining channel pennyarcade, but with no password.

That's interesting, and I don't know. The chat channel has in the past always been pennyarcade/wang, but when I logged in last night, I noticed that, where previously channel 1 had been PA and channel 2 had been GLFF, GLFF was now 1, and the PA channel didn't exist anymore.

Anyone else having issues with the chat channel lately? Is there an expiration date on user created channels?

Simon Moon on
    Steam: simon moon
  • AllchuffedupAllchuffedup Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I think what happened was while everyone was logged out someone joined the channel w/o using a pw so trying to join now with a pw won't work. Just try /joinchannel pennyarcade

Allchuffedup on
    steam_sig.png
    allchuffedup#1671
    edited February 2009
    It has to be an obscure reference, I thought that was what that Angmars somethingsomething was?

Exactly, very obscure.

It's not really the emphasis of the band, it's just Angmars Volta sounds cool + relevant and anyone who notices the Mars Volta part gets bonus points. I didn't really mean to suggest that as the PA kinship... I'm just leaning towards starting a kinship again, I had a lot of fun assembling adventurers to be social and cooperative.

Played the Broken Alliance quest last night with my 17 Runekeeper, plus two friends (17 Loremaster and 17 Minstrel.) One of us died, probably due to poor strategy of the team as a whole but it was one hell of a fight and one of the more fun encounters I've had within the game. The battle really gave me a chance to play around with the damage/healing stuff that Runekeeper's all about and there's not much quite as cool as three Elf 'mages' taking care of business in an orc cave. 8-)

Stevo 22 on
    edited February 2009
    Broken Alliance is pretty hardcore for its level, those ranged mobs are the worst.

Aldo on
    edited February 2009
    I sent Hjartad a little present for his 35th birthday

Edit:
    That goes for anyone on Landroval - just hit Master Artisan tailor on Dedian, which means I can make crit'd light and medium armor up to around level 35. If you want something made, and can send me some hides, I'll get to stitchin it up for ya, or if you just need someone to boil hides...

Here's a big ol' list of stuff I can maybe make (I don't have a lot of the dropped recipes): http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=141563

This man is the almighty. His craftsmanship is utterly unrivaled.

That said, I'm nowhere near dinging 35 yet. Got a lot of quests to run, and I'm not much in the mood for questing today. Kinda just wanna go farm hides for a while.

Triple B on
    edited February 2009
    Maybe an aside to the tailor thing, probably isn't worth hording the hides/materials if you're lower-level, I mean I'll make whatever I can for you - you'll just outlevel it so fast it isn't worth the effort :D (plus, for some reason the first two tiers crit items are really hard to come by)

Dedian on
    edited February 2009
    Broken Alliance is pretty hardcore for its level, those ranged mobs are the worst.

Any quest that most people say "just kill the guy for the quest, and then let the party wipe" is one to watch out for. I'm also looking at you The Vigil. I tried to solo Broken Alliance at like... 35... Finally went back in at 40 or so with someone and took care of it :D

Dedian on
  • blindside044blindside044 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Triple B wrote: »
    That said, I'm nowhere near dinging 35 yet. Got a lot of quests to run, and I'm not much in the mood for questing today. Kinda just wanna go farm hides for a while.

Just make sure you dont start playing the game when you dont feel like playing. That is what usually killed games for me before I learned my lesson. Play for fun, don't turn it into work. :)

blindside044 on
    edited February 2009

Just make sure you dont start playing the game when you dont feel like playing. That is what usually killed games for me before I learned my lesson. Play for fun, don't turn it into work. :)

Amen, brother. Amen, indeed. What killed LOTRO for me 2 years ago was the fact that not only did it feel like work, but I was saturated with fellowship quests that I was utterly unable to find fellowships for. That, and right around that time was when I got huge into Day of Defeat: Source, so I kinda lost all interest in any game that wasn't ridiculously fast-paced for a while. Poor Edros was neglected for so long. :(
    Maybe an aside to the tailor thing, probably isn't worth hording the hides/materials if you're lower-level, I mean I'll make whatever I can for you - you'll just outlevel it so fast it isn't worth the effort :D (plus, for some reason the first two tiers crit items are really hard to come by)

Blasphemy. My professions require hides, too! How am I ever going to make better armor than you if I send you all my hides?! :D

Triple B on
    edited February 2009
    It is done. Anyone who wants into The Barrovian Society, send a tell to Edros or Hjartad the next time you see either of them on.

Triple B on
    edited February 2009
    I'm lev31 and am sitting on 4.5g (I didn't buy a house) are all horses 3.5g or can I shop for a fancier model?

Aldo on
    edited February 2009
    I'm lev31 and am sitting on 4.5g (I didn't buy a house) are all horses 3.5g or can I shop for a fancier model?

There are faction mounts that run for a variety of prices (and time to get the rep to buy them).. you'll easily be in your 40's before those mounts become feasible. There's also the festival mounts, which I believe you still have to buy? I didn't really do the festival stuff. I guess Spring festival would be next.

Dedian on
    edited February 2009
    Ok, just a plain normal horse then. I think I'm gonna save up for a fancy house, no reason to go for the cheapest shack and still having to buy a more expensive model later on.

Aldo on
  • Simon MoonSimon Moon Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Horses are 4g 220s, unless something has changed, in which case I want a refund.

Simon Moon on
    Steam: simon moon
    edited February 2009
    Simon Moon wrote: »

Horses are 4g 220s, unless something has changed, in which case I want a refund.

aw snap. :(

Aldo on
    edited February 2009
    That's pretty damn expensive. I'm not even halfway there. :( I want a horse way more than a hobbit-hole, too. Are there different types of horses that you can buy? If so, is the difference anything more than aesthetic?

Triple B on
    edited February 2009
    That's pretty damn expensive. I'm not even halfway there. :( I want a horse way more than a hobbit-hole, too. Are there different types of horses that you can buy? If so, is the difference anything more than aesthetic?

All horses are exactly the same in speed (aside from the Bree Horse, which is a founder's reward or osmething, which is slower. Even the more expensive (time/$) faction horses run just as fast as everything else.. no difference in being more resistant to getting knocked off/etc. Start farming those hides/wood/ore and you'll be there in no time :D

Oh and as far as types - lots of different colors and "types" as well as seasonal festival rewards from participating in and winning the races. All differences are aesthetic, tho.

Pictures pictures! http://www.lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Mounts

Dedian on
    edited February 2009
    Are the rams you get in Moria also just as fast?

Aldo on
    edited February 2009
    Are the rams you get in Moria also just as fast?

I think they're as fast... don't know too much about them tho

Dedian on
    edited February 2009
    All I know is that they can be used in Moria and outside, making the horses useless and eventually everyone will be running around on bloody rams.

Aldo on
    edited February 2009

All horses are exactly the same in speed (aside from the Bree Horse, which is a founder's reward or osmething, which is slower. Even the more expensive (time/$) faction horses run just as fast as everything else.. no difference in being more resistant to getting knocked off/etc. Start farming those hides/wood/ore and you'll be there in no time :D

Oh and as far as types - lots of different colors and "types" as well as seasonal festival rewards from participating in and winning the races. All differences are aesthetic, tho.

Pictures pictures! http://www.lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Mounts

The link you've provided indicates reputation mounts are sturdier (harder to be knocked off of.)

I really hate the Council of the North quests but the Ashen Horse is beautiful. :x

Stevo 22 on
    edited February 2009
    Hurray I was wrong, stolen from someone on the lotro forums:

When it comes to the "full speed" mounts, there are again big differences. Their speed is the same, but their sturdiness isn't. The way it works:

* regular, purchased mounts - takes 3 hits to knock you off
    * reputation purchased mounts - takes 5 hits to knock you off
    * PvP Rank 9 mount, and Vol I Book 15 reward mount - takes 9 hits to knock you off

So as you can see, the Book 15 reward mount is 3x as sturdy as the regular mounts, and almost double as sturdy as any of the reputation faction mounts.

Dedian on
  • AllchuffedupAllchuffedup Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I hate to say it but I might be rerolling... again. Better now than later. Not really enjoying how hard it is to handle adds when soloing my hunter =(

Allchuffedup on
    steam_sig.png
    allchuffedup#1671
    edited February 2009
    I hate to say it but I might be rerolling... again. Better now than later. Not really enjoying how hard it is to handle adds when soloing my hunter =(

low cut and run!

Edit: oh and traps. And spatial awareness.. I mean.. what are you getting caught by? You don't have to kill everything that attacks you!

Dedian on
    edited February 2009
    T-B, Just for my reference, I sent you the leggings and gloves (wow, that sounds bad out of context)

Dedian on
    edited February 2009
    T-B, Just for my reference, I sent you the leggings and gloves (wow, that sounds bad out of context)

See? See? This is exactly what I'm talking about. This guy is the fucking man.

Triple B on
    edited February 2009
    Additionally, I have ding'd 35 and am again proudly displaying your fine craftsmanship. At these levels, skills are getting more and more scarce, I've noticed. I hope there are at least two or three more amazing combat skills to be had before I ding 60.

Triple B on
    edited February 2009
    I should try and make my toon look like a Spartan some time.

Aldo on
  • precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So I need some suggestions on what class to compensate with my fiances hunter?

We are only lvl 6 and I did pick Warden, but not sure if that is the best to go along with massive arrow damage.

Suggestions?

precisionk on
    edited February 2009
    Guardian, Champion or healer, imo. Guardian to be her tank, Champion to add to her dps with aoe and to be able to tank (a little) or a healer to make her do all the work while you string along for some heals.

Also: wow you got unbanned.

Aldo on
    edited February 2009
    precisionk wrote: »
    So I need some suggestions on what class to compensate with my fiances hunter?

We are only lvl 6 and I did pick Warden, but not sure if that is the best to go along with massive arrow damage.

Suggestions?

You'll probably end up hitting mobs once or twice before they're dead. Maybe something ranged (RK? Loremaster?) Dunno much about those though

Edit: How about another hunter? Maybe a captain (for pet+heals+buffs).

Dedian on