As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Schedule Thoughts

NephirijNephirij Registered User regular
edited April 2005 in PAX Archive
Okay, I assume that everyone who has seen the schedule is being aggrivated by not knowing what that little "unannounced movie screening" is.

I think that the idea i had before about advent children(see - (admin) awesome event idea) might be it. but what are all your thoughts?

Nephirij on

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited March 2005
    My wish is Advent Children, but I think it's going to be Doom or (hopefully not) one of the Resident Evil movies. Maybe some vintage video game themed Anime, lol.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited March 2005
    Raiden333 wrote:
    My wish is Advent Children, but I think it's going to be Doom or (hopefully not) one of the Resident Evil movies. Maybe some vintage video game themed Anime, lol.

Full showing of the Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon!!!

Shade on
  • Options
    edited March 2005
    sorry to crush your dreams dude, but not in an hour and a half.

Nephirij on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2005
    Nephirij wrote:
    Okay, I assume that everyone who has seen the schedule is being aggrivated by not knowing what that little "unannounced movie screening" is.

I think that the idea i had before about advent children(see - (admin) awesome event idea) might be it. but what are all your thoughts?

Yeah...no. It's not AC.

1) It was up there before you suggested it.
    2) AC will, more than likely, still not be out by then.
    3) It's not AC.

What it might be...Doom?

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    edited March 2005
    ouch dude ouch... fine ruin my dreams then. and now that you said doom it wont be that either. great now they have to cancel the whole thing just because i made this damn thread. son of a b****...

Nephirij on
  • Options
    Red Machine DRed Machine D __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2005
    90 minutes of Uwe Boll.

Red Machine D on
  • Options
    NintoNinto Registered User regular
    edited March 2005
    90 minutes of Uwe Boll having his arms ripped off by Kratos.

fixed.

Ninto on
  • Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited March 2005
    We're actually not withholding information at this point. We're still deciding what to choose for that time slot. :)

-robert

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    twispbytwispby Registered User regular
    edited March 2005
    i know one persons whining may not accomplish much and i do understand the enormous task of organizing such a huge event with enough things to do to keep everyone happy, but i must express my displeasure that i'm sure everyone in the smash bro. tourney feels about the red vs. blue event taking place at the same time. if that schedule is set in stone there's no worries, it would just be nice to see what red vs. blue have planned for the event and still participate in the tournament. hey! at least now i have a scapegoat when i get knocked out round one by jigglypuff or something..."Yeah...I...uh, wanted to see Red vs. Blue! Yeah, that's it! I could have beat you if I wanted." ^_^

twispby on
    twispby.png
  • Options
    CATSCATS Registered User regular
    edited March 2005
    Yeah, AC would be pretty awesome! Damn them pushing back the release - as if I didn't expect it. I suppose Doom will have to suffice.

CATS on
  • Options
    QuizMasterQuizMaster Registered User regular
    edited March 2005
    twispby wrote:
    but i must express my displeasure that i'm sure everyone in the smash bro. tourney feels about the red vs. blue event taking place at the same time.

And the Magic tournament (which I didn't even see on the schedule but could not register for when I tried). Now I need to decide which tournament I want to lose in.

QuizMaster on
  • Options
    AnexkahnAnexkahn Registered User regular
    edited March 2005
    but i must express my displeasure that i'm sure everyone in the smash bro. tourney feels about the red vs. blue event taking place at the same time.

The goal of every successful reoccuring event should be to have so much to do that you cant possibly do it all in one visit.

Also, unless they have a venue that can seat the entire attendance, (which even the larger theater wont) running multiple events at the same time encouraging people to make a decision as to what they want to do, is the only way to keep from having to close the doors and turn people away from the auditorium.

Anexkahn on
  • Options
    QuizMasterQuizMaster Registered User regular
    edited March 2005
    Anexkahn wrote:

The goal of every successful reoccuring event should be to have so much to do that you cant possibly do it all in one visit.

Also, unless they have a venue that can seat the entire attendance, (which even the larger theater wont) running multiple events at the same time encouraging people to make a decision as to what they want to do, is the only way to keep from having to close the doors and turn people away from the auditorium.

This is true. Last year, I was a bit bummed when I realised that I didn't go into the auditorium at all (except to watch MC Frontalot end his show....which rocked!). But then I looked at it in a different light....I was having too much fun the whole time.

QuizMaster on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2005
    Yeah, because PAX is packed with happenings and goings-on, there's a really good chance you're gonna miss something you want to do because you're already doing something else you want to do.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the free-play console room.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    MrFisticuffsMrFisticuffs It's Easter, bitches. REJOICE. Registered User regular
    edited March 2005
    The red vs. blue movie.

MrFisticuffs on
  • Options
    edited March 2005
    wait, MrFisticuffs, are you saying that that is what is going to take up that timeslot, or is that just one of the many suggestions for what might be happening?

Nephirij on
  • Options
    MrFisticuffsMrFisticuffs It's Easter, bitches. REJOICE. Registered User regular
    edited March 2005
    I am stirring dissent and creating unfounded rumors.

Tee hee.

MrFisticuffs on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited March 2005
    maybe it is Lain :O, course that would take to long

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited March 2005
    Lain. For when even NyQuil won't put you to sleep.

Red Machine D on
  • Options
    edited March 2005
    I'd like to revise my initial theory.

It's probably going to be Zardoz.

edit: Maybe Eraserhead.

Red Machine D on
  • Options
    edited March 2005
    I refuse to let you ruin my hopes and dreams. hey fisticuffs and or robert, if we did a poll with a few movie titles (specified by you) would you choose the movie that got the most votes?

Nephirij on
  • Options
    edited April 2005
    just in case lets start a mini poll right here, like a competition. each person can nominate one movie or can vote for one movie. period. no other rule changes. the obvious selections so-far are Advent Children, Doom, Eraserhead, Zardoz, and the RedvsBlue movie. so lets get some votes. so far from me there is one vote for advent children, made by me.

Nephirij on
  • Options
    XieflowXieflow Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    I think it's obvious. They are going to play the live action Gundam movie.

Xieflow on
  • Options
    edited April 2005
    is that you're nomination?

Nephirij on
  • Options
    edited April 2005
    well, is it?

Nephirij on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited April 2005
    You could show Before Sunset...

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited April 2005
    so i guess so far we have:

Final Fantasy Advent Children - 1 vote
    Doom - 0 votes
    Eraserhead - 0 votes
    Zardoz - 0 votes
    Red vs Blue Movie - 0 votes
    Live Action Gundam Movie - 0 votes
    Before Sunset - 0 votes

there ya be now vote...

Nephirij on
  • Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    I vote AC

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2005
    I don't understand? Is this just a vote of what you'd want to see there or are you trying to get them to get whatever gets the most votes there for that slot? O_o Cause some of them(AC, Doom, RvB movie) would be quite hard due to either the lack of release, worldwide theater release(aka: not on DVD) or lack of even existing...

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    CATSCATS Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    My vote would be for AC if I thought it were even remotely possible.

CATS on
  • Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2005
    Legacy wrote:
    I don't understand? Is this just a vote of what you'd want to see there or are you trying to get them to get whatever gets the most votes there for that slot? O_o Cause some of them(AC, Doom, RvB movie) would be quite hard due to either the lack of release, worldwide theater release(aka: not on DVD) or lack of even existing...
    Probably a "Want to see and hopefully by saying what they want, their opinion will be listened to" thing.

MulysaSempronius on
    If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    edited April 2005
    exactly
    so i guess so far we have:

Final Fantasy Advent Children - 3 votes
    Doom - 0 votes
    Eraserhead - 0 votes
    Zardoz - 0 votes
    Red vs Blue Movie - 0 votes