As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Dailyshow/Colbert Report: "Where Roe V Wade is two ways to get across a river."

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Now I want to see that Nazi Grandfatherland clip even more.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    The Dueling Banjos tease was awesome.

Vyolynce on
    nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    I can't believe I'm going to say this.

Colbert Report sucked last night.

It was awful.

It was stupid.

And I blame Steve Martin.

Steve Martin should choke on a fucking tumor.

JustinSane07 on
  • Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Someone needs to kill Joe the Plumber. I never want to hear about him ever again. EVER.

Hexmage-PA on
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    Someone needs to kill Joe the Plumber. I never want to hear about him ever again. EVER.

I'm fine with him being Joe the War Correspondent. Higher chance of him being killed.

It's very rare that I would wish death on someone, but these are special circumstances.

MKR on
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited February 2009

What the hell is wrong with you?

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    ElJeffe wrote: »

He's a Jerk?

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
    edited February 2009

Name a funny movie he's starred in since 2000. Do it.

I dare you.

He's a fucking hack and a shit head.

Peter Sellers is rolling in his fucking grave at these shitty Pink Panther remakes.

JustinSane07 on
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Name a funny movie he's starred in since 2000. Do it.

I dare you.

He's a fucking hack and a shit head.

Peter Sellers is rolling in his fucking grave at these shitty Pink Panther remakes.
    Even if we were to grant all this (which I don't, really), what in the hell makes any of that worthy of painful cancerous death?

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    OptimusZed wrote: »

He's a Jerk?

Man this is the best pizza-in-a-cup I've ever had!

That last place was pretty good but this pizza-in-a-cup place is much better

override367 on
  • Armored GorillaArmored Gorilla Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    GASP

Orioles shout out!

Armored Gorilla on
    "I'm a mad god. The Mad God, actually. It's a family title. Gets passed down from me to myself every few thousand years."
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Forar wrote: »
    moniker wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    cheez wrote: »
    I always wonder whether Oliver gives his interviewees any advance notice that he's going to be trolling them, or if he really does just blindside them with it.
    It's really the same sort of thing that the Daily Show did at the beginning of the decade, except with more and more respectable people, and fewer crackpots. Colbert referred to wishing he could take his soul off and dryclean it. So no, they're most likely just asked for an interview.

You sort of hope that they apologize afterwards.

From the reactions of the guests, I get the feeling that a lot of them catch onto it being a joke during the interview. I recall reading something with one of the 'journalists' saying that they don't usually advertise as being with The Daily Show or Colbert Report, but just some generic news team or something like that.

I mean, some of the people who actually go to the studio don't seem to get that it's a joke

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    OptimusZed wrote: »

He's a Jerk?

Man this is the best pizza-in-a-cup I've ever had!

That last place was pretty good but this pizza-in-a-cup place is much better

Steve Martin is a god-damn god and you will respect his authorota mother fucker.

DarkWarrior on
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    What the hell, Colbert was hilarious, the interview most of all. I'm no fan of the cannibalization of the Pink Panther movies, but Steve Martin is freakishly talented - i would have settled for either the sexy read-off or the banjo duel, but both?! Awesome interview.

KalTorak on
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Wow, Stewart just eviscerated O'Reilly.

Tomanta on
  • OmeksOmeks Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    It's strange that O'Reily would stick up for those elite latte-sipping Hollywood liberal secularists. Because her hates those guys.

Must be from his days of the set of FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE!!

Omeks on
    Online Info (Click Spoiler for More):
    |Xbox Live Tag: Omeks
    |PSN Tag: Omeks_R7
    |Rock Band: Profile|DLC Collection
    Omeks.png
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    TELEBRIOOOOOOOONNNNNNN!!!!!

Grey Ghost on
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Omeks wrote: »
    It's strange that O'Reily would stick up for those elite latte-sipping Hollywood liberal secularists. Because her hates those guys.

This was funniest when Jessica Alba schooled him on the history of WW2 and he sent a producer after her.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Haha the TVotR guys could not stop laughing at Colbert. I <3 them

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • TrusTrus Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

This was funniest when Jessica Alba schooled him on the history of WW2 and he sent a producer after her.

:?:
    Video?

Trus on
    qFN53.png
    edited February 2009
    GGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOORRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

JustinSane07 on
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Trus wrote: »

Video?

Yes please.

Regina Fong on
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Video?

Can't find the video, but it might have been the other way around order wise. She said something mean about O'Reilly and when Fox got angry she said he should be more like Sweden and he huffed and puffed and laughed about how the stupid starlet was mixing up Sweden and Switzerland when anyone who knows anything about history knows that both are traditionally neutral.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Video?

Can't find the video, but it might have been the other way around order wise. She said something mean about O'Reilly and when Fox got angry she said he should be more like Sweden and he huffed and puffed and laughed about how the stupid starlet was mixing up Sweden and Switzerland when anyone who knows anything about history knows that both are traditionally neutral.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cadn9_Prv3g&feature=related

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
    edited February 2009
    I'd respect that video more if it wasn't Olbermann reading it.

JustinSane07 on
  • oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'd respect that video more if it wasn't Olbermann reading it.

Well, despite his bias, he is dead on on this one. Just search youtube for "jessica alba oreilly."

oldmanken on
  • ScalfinScalfin __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009

When was this?

Also,. unless I'm unaware of something about her, NOBODY should be schooled in anything by Jessica Alba.

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I didn't think that Sweden's neutrality was really common knowledge, I suddenly have more respect for her.

L|ama on
  • GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    The interview on the Daily Show was kind of sad. Clearly that man is desperate for a working business model yet has no feasible solution.

Gim on
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I found this video explaining the interviews later on in the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKAqby2dK7w&feature=channel

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
    edited February 2009
    Scalfin wrote: »

When was this?

Also,. unless I'm unaware of something about her, NOBODY should be schooled in anything by Jessica Alba.

Some actors are way above the average actor intellectually.

MKR on
  • ScalfinScalfin __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    L|ama wrote: »
    I didn't think that Sweden's neutrality was really common knowledge, I suddenly have more respect for her.

No, most people know the two countries are interchangeable.

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Not where I'm from they don't.

L|ama on
  • PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    The TV on the Radio guys didn't know how to act on Colbert, but unlike most guests it seemed like because they knew it was a joke and they should just let him go.
    Scalfin wrote: »

What about in "having an awesome ass"? Or "making people want to fuck the hell out of you"?

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
    edited February 2009
    Do the Colbert Report sound guys just not know how to do music? That performance sounded awful, and I don't think I've ever liked a band's performance on the show. Even when I like the song they're doing otherwise.

:|

MKR on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009

To be honest, it probably was a fuck up on her part, but just a happy little accident that she can still use.

As far as interviews go, I've seen segments where they discussed it. Basically, if the interviewee recognizes that they're being spotlighted for the Daily Show, they're asked to pretend like they don't know.

Sheep on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Sheep wrote: »

To be honest, it probably was a fuck up on her part, but just a happy little accident that she can still use.

As far as interviews go, I've seen segments where they discussed it. Basically, if the interviewee recognizes that they're being spotlighted for the Daily Show, they're asked to pretend like they don't know.
    I doubt it. Actors can be smart.

Fencingsax on
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2009
    If the Daily Show hadn't jumped on Obama's stutters and bad pauses during his speech like they did Bush tonight, I would have revoked John's license to practice comedy.

Thankfully, he delivered.

FyreWulff on
  • SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    That Glenn Beck/Colon Exam segment was... let me just say I was unprepared for what I saw.

Sal on
    xet8c.gif

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Sal wrote: »
    That Glenn Beck/Colon Exam segment was... let me just say I was unprepared for what I saw.

It was pure, unadulterated awesome. Colbert has really ripped into the far-right wing the past two nights and done it in such a tongue-in-cheek way.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
This discussion has been closed.