As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] -adin is a suffix for all occasions. [Paladins]

1919293949597»

• RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So...thinking this party has gone on long enough...anyone care if I post this new thread?
    Note that I'm usually only prot, so other information was shamelessly stolen from stuff found here and those bastards over at elitistjerks.
    New Thead for our OP class:

[WoW] Paladins: Your tears sustain our 30min seals
    Misinformation found below:

Paladins:
    Can do anything.
    Anything?
    Yes anything!

DPSadin builds:
    Ret-PVP
    Ret-PVE

Tanking delicousness:
    Prot-PVP
    Prot-PVP*
    *True story: There is no PVE Prot spec =/

Healadin:
    Holy-PVE*
    Holy-PVP
    *Some holydins will sacrifice 5 points to get kings or might. This is entirely up to you.

Hints, tips, and cheats:
    Ret-PVE:
    Spell Rotation:
    FCFS:
    This basically says that you should use whatever is off cooldown first, most people argue for Judgement > CS > Consecration > DS > Exorcism > Holy Wrath

Seal/Judge:
    Seal of Blood/Martyr is our money making seal, Judging in raid situations is up to you. You may find yourself needing more mana, or wanting to claim bragging rights to being number #2 on healing and dps meters...in that case judge wis/life as appropriate.

Stats:
    Str: Strongest stat to our dps.
    Hit Rating: Get to 263 then dont worry about this stat.
    Expertise: Nice to have but really not manditory. Cap is at 214.
    Crit: Behind Str on importance, but you really can't have too much of it.
    Everything else: Dont worry about everything else.

Ret-PVP:
    1. Keybind something to every key
    2. Purchase Kitty
    3. Let said kitty do nothing on keyboard
    4. ???
    5. Profit

Stats:
    Stats are about the same, only gemming for Resil is a pretty good idea

Seals/Judge:
    Use this seal:
    baby%20seal.jpg
    Also use the same judge.

Tanking:
    Roations follow the 9696 rule, meaning that most of your c/ds have either a 9 or a 6 second c/d. Your job is to ensure that nothing is off cooldown round about the same time. Threat generation if you are even remotely decent geared is easy.

Stats:
    Spellpower: Dont be that guy....nobody likes that guy.
    Defense: Current Def number is 540. 535 if you just want to do heroics. More defense never hurt anyone though.
    Stam: Your #2 stat, and actually covers your threat. Talent in Prot tree called Touched by the Light will cover majority of your threat building needs and it derives all its power from stam.

Most guilds will only look at 2 things in tanks.
    1. Defense capped?
    2. HP
    So, while your dodge/parry/hit/expertise/str and other such stats are nice, those two should be your main focus, unless you are going to a fairly intelligent guild, in which case start to look for those other stats.

Seals/Judge:
    Seal for most threat is Seal of Corruption/Vengance.
    Judgements are up to you in most cases.
    Want to show up on the healing meter? Judge light.
    Low on Mana? Judge Wis.

Holy PVE:
    Rotation isn't really there. Although healing for us is no longer keybinding FoL to everything and playing something else while we have a mashfest on the keyboard.

Stats:
    Int: Possibly the #1 stat to go for as it contributes to a few things. Bigger mana pool and bigger crits.
    Mp5: No reason to go out of your way to get it, but we'll see how that changes. It will come on a decent amount of your gear anyways.
    Crit: Your number 2 stat to go for.

Judge/Seal:
    Only reason to judge is to get the benifit of 15% cast time increase from Judgements of the Pure.
    Might as well throw light on the boss to help your party out.

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Wavechaser wrote: »
    I love the new seal change. I didn't even think about it last night but not only is it going to be so much fucking easier to track my seal/blessing uptime, but it free's up a keybinding for me. I can now put my seals on a completely seperate bar since I only need to active them once every 30 minutes.

:^:
    I didn't even think about that. I have a couple seal hotkeys in prominent locations since recasting seals is critical. Now I'll be able to shove them off to clicky spots alongside the blessings.

/boner

forty on
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Radiation wrote: »
    Seal/Judge:
    Seal and Judge of Blood/Martyr is our money making seal, however in raid situations you may find yourself needing more mana, or wanting to claim bragging rights to being number #2 on healing and dps meters...in that case judge wis/life as appropriate.
    There is no Judgement of Blood/Martyr, as far as explicit abilities go. You should always be judging Wisdom or Life, depending on what your group needs.

forty on
    edited February 2009
    Right...fixdid.

Radiation on
  • Just Some DudeJust Some Dude Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    forty wrote: »
    You switch to Seal of Wisdom as ret?

No no, Martyr -> Command right before decimates and when Loatheb's AoE starts to really hit hard when we're running with 4 healers in Naxx 25 or 1.5 in Naxx 10.

Looking back on my quote-chain I see how it could be confusing though. What I really meant to say is "I never change seals as holy, and only very occasionally as ret".

Just Some Dude on
    Cog in the machine Cog Herder
    edited February 2009
    Radiation on
This discussion has been closed.