As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

CoH Respec

MarcoMarco Registered User regular
edited March 2007 in MMO Extravaganza
Since we have done the respec trial already feel free to use this thread to ask for advice on builds and respecs. You can discuss Respec trials and organize them as well.

wMFVt.jpg
Marco on

• Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I have a 32 Scrapper that can probably come..perhaps we should keep it 30-32.

Gear Girl on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    That would be best for us. I'll stop lvling my guy at 32 and wait and see if we can get this going.

Marco on
    wMFVt.jpg
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Want to do this tonight? I can be logged on in 5 mins, have this banged out in about an hour and a half. :P

Scooter on
  • Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Shit I am actually 33..but that will still work.

Macro get online..let's do it now.

Gear Girl on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Well my respec virginity is gone now. Thanks for the help you beautiful people.

Marco on
    wMFVt.jpg
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I'm thread-jacking this to ask for help with my build for Incalesence.

He's a Fire/Kin controller, lvl 15 that I've made some errors on).
    So far, he's got Ring of Fire (single target immob), Char (single target hold), Hot feet (PBAOE Slow) and Flashfire (targeted AOE Disorient). On the Secondary side he's got Transfusion, Siphon Power, Siphon Speed. I also have Combat jumping on him and Swift(as well as the two temp travel powers from safeguards so travel is not a priority though I will need it before too long).

I've also got a handful of freespecs on him and would like suggestions on what to do to increase his utility to a team.
    I'm planning on dropping HotFeet, as melee range is no place for a 'troller. And his single target immob for the group immob. Tips, suggestions, accusations of homosexuality all welcome.

see317 on
  • Options
    JacobyJacoby OHHHHH IT’S A SNAKE Creature - SnakeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    see317 wrote: »
    I'm thread-jacking this to ask for help with my build for Incalesence.

He's a Fire/Kin controller, lvl 15 that I've made some errors on).
    So far, he's got Ring of Fire (single target immob), Char (single target hold), Hot feet (PBAOE Slow) and Flashfire (targeted AOE Disorient). On the Secondary side he's got Transfusion, Siphon Power, Siphon Speed. I also have Combat jumping on him and Swift(as well as the two temp travel powers from safeguards so travel is not a priority though I will need it before too long).

I've also got a handful of freespecs on him and would like suggestions on what to do to increase his utility to a team.
    I'm planning on dropping HotFeet, as melee range is no place for a 'troller. And his single target immob for the group immob. Tips, suggestions, accusations of homosexuality all welcome.

Both your ideas are great. Absolutely drop Hot Feet. You're a controller, not a scrapper! :) Also, the group immobility would be much better than Ring of Fire, since you can combine it with Flashfire to make a sort of AOE hold (hold = disorient + immobilize). Remember, the more hold you can fake, the better! Your Secondary choices are great ones. I don't think there's much in Kinetics that's really bad. If you want a better idea of what to take, download the CoH Hero Builder.

Jacoby on
    GameCenter: ROldford
    Switch: nin.codes/roldford
  • Options
    guruslothgurusloth Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    If you respec, you'll have to keep Char, since at first level you have to take either that or the single target Immobilize, plus Char is useful to double-mez bosses and elites, helps to break through their resistance to such attacks.

Hot Feet should definitely be dropped. I'd take Smoke, it's good for soloing, it prevents mobs from aggroing you until you attack them or bump into them, and it's -ACC, so it's good in groups somewhat, it'll cause your teammates to get hit less. Flashfire is also good, Cinders is decent too, but Bonfire is pretty pointless, I'd skip that one. Bonfire's only real utility is to put it in a doorway to prevent the mobs on the other side from getting through, which is lame.

gurusloth on
  • Options
    FallingmanFallingman Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Hmm, I could be interested in this one - does anyone know if there is a free trial around? My google-fu keeps dredging up trials that are a couple of years old...

Fallingman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]