As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

How do I be a daddy, daddy?

• LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Einhander wrote: »
    Lockout wrote: »
    fuck guys, how about we just help poor and impoverished people no matter where the fuck they're from

they're still goddamned people

But our people are more important than their people.

i sincerely hope you're kidding

only asking because i know people would say this in earnest

but i consider this a more enlightened place

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Javen wrote: »
    Blaket wrote: »
    Also maximum zero, if that's your definition, the heart beat isn't developed until the 12th week of pregnancy, it's therefore cool to kill it before then right?

I'm pretty sure that fits with the United States abortion laws.

I'm just very much the idea of "Her body her choice" theory I mean you can make arguments against the heartbeat argument saying then if it's now magically a person it can now support itself, a fetus at 12 weeks however is almost always going to die.

Personally I believe the in or out theory, it's not a person until it's out of the belly.

I mean what is a heat beat exactly anyway? the fetus was sustaining itself before it developed a heart beat as well, you can go all the way back and use the entire sperm argument that they were alive when they were swimming round in your dick too.

Blake T on
  • doublehawk00doublehawk00 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    i know the conversation has gotten all serious, but

we shall overcome... we shall overcome... ABORTION
    f-f-f-fresh

doublehawk00 on
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    yeah all calling them "mums" instead of "moms"

what the hell

HEATHENS I SAY

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • JigrahJigrah Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    fuck guys, how about we just help poor and impoverished people no matter where the fuck they're from

In the United States you either put yourself into poverty or you have mental handicaps. There are so many resources out there that if you are a good natured human being, you will be taken care of.

Jigrah on
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Also maximum zero, if that's your definition, the heart beat isn't developed until the 12th week of pregnancy, it's therefore cool to kill it before then right?

I'm just very much the idea of "Her body her choice" theory I mean you can make arguments against the heartbeat argument saying then if it's now magically a person it can now support itself, a fetus at 12 weeks however is almost always going to die.

Personally I believe the in or out theory, it's not a person until it's out of the belly.

I mean what is a heat beat exactly anyway? the fetus was sustaining itself before it developed a heart beat as well, you can go all the way back and use the entire sperm argument that they were alive when they were swimming round in your dick too.

which means every dude has aborted about sixty million babies in their lifetimes

Vivixenne on
  • FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    blake i don't know about your dick my in my dick the road is one way

Faricazy on
    edited February 2009

My problem with the whole "Her body her choice thing" is damn't that is a mans child too. If I knocked a girl up and she went and got an abortion without my consent I would be livid. Absolutely livid.

Jigrah on
  • MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    yo respect the british

Meissnerd on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    The number is more like in the billions.

Blake T on
    edited February 2009
    Jigrah wrote: »

My problem with the whole "Her body her choice thing" is damn't that is a mans child too. If I knocked a girl up and she went and got an abortion without my consent I would be livid. Absolutely livid.

No it's not.

Does she need to call you to wipe her arse too?

Blake T on
    edited February 2009
    Seriously Jigrah you were on a roll with not saying retarded things, then you had to go fuck everything up with that one.

Blake T on
    edited February 2009
    So a man should have no say?

Meissnerd on
    edited February 2009
    I'm actually with you on that one, Jigs, but only to an extent

I generally think it's unfair for a girl to decide what to do with a pregnancy without consulting the father, first

but the reason people will default to the girl's choice is because that baby has to grow in HER body and be sustained by HER body, and that is taxing on any woman, so forcing a woman to go through with that when she doesn't want to is going to be a very tough sell

I support the idea that the men should play a part in the decision-making, but I also respect that women do get to make the final call here

Vivixenne on
    edited February 2009
    Seriously.

Would you be livid if you wanted an abortion and she didn't?

Blake T on
    edited February 2009
    depends on the situation

it ought to be an issue of trust, not an issue of the actual abortion

Faricazy on
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009

Come talk to me when you figure out how to carry the baby to term yourself. Otherwise, shut the fuck up.

Hacksaw on
    edited February 2009

No it's not.

What? Seriously how does wiping ass have anything to do with this?

Might as well say there is no daddies because its only mommies child.

Jigrah on
    edited February 2009

In the United States you either put yourself into poverty or you have mental handicaps. There are so many resources out there that if you are a good natured human being, you will be taken care of.

yeah probably. don't really see what mental handicaps have to do with it though

and it doesn't really even go against what i was saying either

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
    edited February 2009
    Seriously.

Would you be livid if you wanted an abortion and she didn't?

Depends on what happens with the child, her taking care of it/adoption that sort of thing.

Jigrah on
    edited February 2009
    y-the_last_man.jpg

Vivixenne on
  • EinhanderEinhander __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009

No it's not.

This is the absolute stupidest thing I have read on the internet.

It's her body, and the father has absolutely no choice in the matter? In the child that they have created?

Einhander on
    edited February 2009
    what am i looking at, viv

Faricazy on
    edited February 2009
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    y-the_last_man.jpg
    I really need to finish reading that. I think I've only got 2 books left, or something.

Hacksaw on
    edited February 2009
    y: the last man

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
    edited February 2009
    Look. Don't get me wrong, I would like to be able to talk it out.

But at the end of the day. There are two people that say what they want to do, there is a good chance we may not agree on what to do. There needs to be a deciding vote and out of the two people involved it's fairer to give the deciding vote to the person actually carrying the baby.

Asking 'permission' to have an abortion is damm well insulting.

Blake T on
  • TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009

Whoa man, that's kind of fucked up

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    yeah all calling them "mums" instead of "moms"

what the hell

HEATHENS I SAY

Even those that aren't really brits but just have citizenship.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    edited February 2009
    It's her body, and the father has absolutely no choice in the matter? In the child that they have created?
    Again, he's not the one who has to carry it.

Hacksaw on
    edited February 2009
    I mean obviously the woman is going to be doing more if the baby is carried to term. That I recognise, and am fine with and everything. But I still think the woman should let the guy know about what's going on with the kid, provided he's stable.

Meissnerd on
    edited February 2009

yeah probably. don't really see what mental handicaps have to do with it though

and it doesn't really even go against what i was saying either

It was partly directed to Einhindsafsdf saying why are we giving money to other countries, we need to take care of our own. I was just using your quote to piggy back off of supporting others, not just Americans.

Jigrah on
    edited February 2009
    Meissnerd wrote: »
    I mean obviously the woman is going to be doing more if the baby is carried to term. That I recognise, and am fine with and everything. But I still think the woman should let the guy know about what's going on with the kid, provided he's stable.
    I have no objection to this.

Hacksaw on
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    If the guy didn't have any say (and responsibility) then something like child support would have no reason to exist.

Javen on
    edited February 2009
    Hacksaw wrote: »

There isn't anything I can do about that though, it's not like I have a fuckin choice in that matter.

Jigrah on
    edited February 2009

Yes but Jigrah explicitly said if she got an abortion without his consent.

This is what I have issue with.

Blake T on
    edited February 2009
    I have no objection to this.

And I don't even mean 'asking permission', like Blake said. I mean like if the girl said 'I'm going to keep the baby' or 'I'm getting an abortion'.

Meissnerd on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    wait so is this what chavs are

Tam on
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Besides you girls make us carry heavy shit for you all the time

least you can fucking do is carry a kid for nine months.

Javen on
    edited February 2009

There isn't anything I can do about that though, it's not like I have a fuckin choice in that matter.
    Exactly. You can't carry it, so it's not your choice.

It's not for you, as it were.

Hacksaw on
    edited February 2009
    Jigs, let's break it down with an example, okay?

let's say you want the baby and the girl doesn't, but you convince the girl to keep it

so she has to carry this baby to term for 9 to 10 months, putting her body through hormonal hell and physical duress for the duration

then she actually has to go through labor, and well we all know the pains and complications thus associated

then she has to risk post-partum depression and the recovery of her body back to its original state prior to the pregnancy

all for a baby she doesn't even want? which means she carries it to term, gives it to you, and now has to deal with separation and severe guilt issues

you could argue that if she just WANTED the child she wouldn't have those separation or guilt issues, but why should she want the child if she felt she wasn't ready in the first place? and even if she does stick around, chances of her resentment of the child will be extremely high

this is all assuming the unwanted pregnancy even manages to make it to term, as stress and depression is a proven factor in influencing a healthy pregnancy

now, flip the situation around... say you don't want it and she does... what now?

Vivixenne on