As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

How do I be a daddy, daddy?

• VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Tam wrote: »
    wait so is this what chavs are

He doesn't look it but he's young still. She could be though.

VisionOfClarity on
  • MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Blaket wrote: »
    Meissnerd wrote: »
    I mean obviously the woman is going to be doing more if the baby is carried to term. That I recognise, and am fine with and everything. But I still think the woman should let the guy know about what's going on with the kid, provided he's stable.

Yes but Jigrah explicitly said if she got an abortion without his consent.

This is what I have issue with.

If he says that then I hope Jigrah is willing to be at this woman's side 24/7, because that's how much the kid will be around for her.

Meissnerd on
  • DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    What's going on in this thread

DrIanMalcolm on
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    'Oh can you carry these bags?'

'These books are too heavy, would you mind?'

But the second we ask 'could you carry this baby until it's born?' you get all fucking indignant.

Javen on
  • FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I mean obviously the woman is going to be doing more if the baby is carried to term. That I recognise, and am fine with and everything. But I still think the woman should let the guy know about what's going on with the kid, provided he's stable.
    once again, the issue is with the RELATIONSHIP, not with the abortion.

if you get a chick knocked up with no intentions of staying with her, then you haven't gotten a leg to stand on in the argument.

likewise, if you are in a serious relationship and are open to the possibility of kids, get pregnant, and then for some reason she has an abortion, the problem isn't with the abortion but with the broken trust.

the decision is still ultimately the woman's, whatever repercussions may come with it.

Faricazy on
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Javen wrote: »

But the second we ask 'could you carry this baby until it's born?' you get all fucking indignant.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

<3

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
    edited February 2009
    Faricazy wrote: »
    once again, the issue is with the RELATIONSHIP, not with the abortion.

if you get a chick knocked up with no intentions of staying with her, then you haven't gotten a leg to stand on in the argument.

likewise, if you are in a serious relationship and are open to the possibility of kids, get pregnant, and then for some reason she has an abortion, the problem isn't with the abortion but with the broken trust.

the decision is still ultimately the woman's, whatever repercussions may come with it.

I get what you're saying, but I think that whether the couple is on the brink of killing each other, or extremely in love, I don't think it's right that one parent be oblivious as to what is happening to their baby.

Meissnerd on
    edited February 2009
    basically it depends entirely on the situation, and relationship-wise it would have to be evaluated from the perspective of both the dude and the girl, but the final choice on the pregnancy still lays with the girl

Faricazy on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    this has shattered my illusions of the british

gone are the alabaster angels with rosy cheeks

Tam on
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    guys Blaket is not saying that the guy doesn't get to know what's going on

it's that ultimately it's not their call to make

yes the guy is owed notification of her decision, but in the end, it's HER choice

she doesn't have to be given PERMISSION by the dude to get an abortion, which is what I got from Jigs' post

for my part I would prefer if the dude had some input or was consulted in her decision, but that's not always going to be the case, them's the breaks

Vivixenne on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

How many times have I been forced to carry some woman's phone?

Maybe if you had a PRACTICALLY SIZED BAG OR DECENT SIZED POCKETS YOU WOULDN'T NEED TO STICK THE BABY IN YOUR BELLY.

Blake T on
  • EinhanderEinhander __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Einhander wrote: »
    It's her body, and the father has absolutely no choice in the matter? In the child that they have created?
    Again, he's not the one who has to carry it.

Oh boo hoo a woman has to carry a child for nine months. Welcome to reproduction.

I understand that pregnancy is a difficult process, but at the same time it is a consequence of a risky activity. Recreational sex is awesome and I wish everyone on the planet would be having more of it, but you have to look at what you are doing when you are shooting sperm into a vagina. There is no "absolute safe" sex.

When you fuck somebody, you have to understand that there is a chance, however slight, that one of those sperm is going to make it to an egg. The resulting baby is just as much a part of me as it is any woman I am with, and to tell me I have no say in whether or not it lives or dies is ridiculous.

Einhander on
    edited February 2009
    unless you KNOW the baby is going to be a mutant alien baby

then abort the fucker

Faricazy on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    GET A UTERUS BACKPACK BITCH!

Blake T on
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Jigrah please!

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    edited February 2009
    It's her body, and the father has absolutely no choice in the matter? In the child that they have created?

Oh boo hoo a woman has to carry a child for nine months. Welcome to reproduction.

I understand that pregnancy is a difficult process, but at the same time it is a consequence of a risky activity. Recreational sex is awesome and I wish everyone on the planet would be having more of it, but you have to look at what you are doing when you are shooting sperm into a vagina. There is no "absolute safe" sex.

When you fuck somebody, you have to understand that there is a chance, however slight, that one of those sperm is going to make it to an egg. The resulting baby is just as much a part of me as it is any woman I am with, and to tell me I have no say in whether or not it lives or dies is ridiculous.

I'm with you in that if you fuck somebody, you have to shoulder the consequences associated with that act.

That said, FUCK. YOU.

I hope you fucking DIE YOU WORTHLESS SACK OF DOGSHIT.

Vivixenne on
  • CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    It's the man's call if he has a nice basement and some shackles.

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    What I dislike is that if the guy wants the abortion, but the girl keeps it, then that guy is in for child support for nearly 2 decades

The Black Hunter on
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    guys Blaket is not saying that the guy doesn't get to know what's going on

it's that ultimately it's not their call to make

yes the guy is owed notification of her decision, but in the end, it's HER choice

she doesn't have to be given PERMISSION by the dude to get an abortion, which is what I got from Jigs' post

for my part I would prefer if the dude had some input or was consulted in her decision, but that's not always going to be the case, them's the breaks
    Man, women want control over their bodies? What's next, the right to vote? These are slippery slopes we're climbing here.

Hacksaw on
  • JigrahJigrah Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Jigs, let's break it down with an example, okay?

let's say you want the baby and the girl doesn't, but you convince the girl to keep it

so she has to carry this baby to term for 9 to 10 months, putting her body through hormonal hell and physical duress for the duration

then she actually has to go through labor, and well we all know the pains and complications thus associated

then she has to risk post-partum depression and the recovery of her body back to its original state prior to the pregnancy

all for a baby she doesn't even want? which means she carries it to term, gives it to you, and now has to deal with separation and severe guilt issues

you could argue that if she just WANTED the child she wouldn't have those separation or guilt issues, but why should she want the child if she felt she wasn't ready in the first place? and even if she does stick around, chances of her resentment of the child will be extremely high

this is all assuming the unwanted pregnancy even manages to make it to term, as stress and depression is a proven factor in influencing a healthy pregnancy

now, flip the situation around... say you don't want it and she does... what now?

This is actually one of the reasons I practically do not have sex, I don't want to ever find myself in a situation like this. I feel that if I knock a girl up, that baby is our responsibility and if she doesn't want to take the responsibility I will. To have a girl just have complete freedom to be like, what no, I don't want this baby, that is crushing.

Before partial birth abortion was illegal, I couldn't imagine thinking I am going to be a father in another month and then bam turns out she couldn't handle it and made a decision.

Or even ya know, two months in. Its seriously just, wow that was going to be my child, and now its not and I was powerless to make that decision. That gets to me.

If I wanted the abortion and she didn't, she is more then welcome to keep the baby as long as I don't have to pay child support. She wants to take responsibility and I dont, then I should never be apart of that babies life.

Jigrah on
    edited February 2009
    Koshian wrote: »
    I can't wait until natural childbirth is abolished and human fetuses are grown in big vats like minnows
    ALSO UGLY PEOPLE ARE OUTLAWED

Faricazy on
    edited February 2009
    What I dislike is that if the guy wants the abortion, but the girl keeps it, then that guy is in for child support for nearly 2 decades for one mistake

No law saying he had to stick his dick inside the lady in question and blast a load of baby-making man batter up in her egg basket.

Hacksaw on
    edited February 2009
    god fucking dammit Einhander

I hear from people what a colossal douchey retarded idiot you are but you know I was willing to give you a pass because I hadn't seen it for myself

but fuck you

FUCK. YOU.

Vivixenne on
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

How many times have I been forced to carry some woman's phone?

Maybe if you had a PRACTICALLY SIZED BAG OR DECENT SIZED POCKETS YOU WOULDN'T NEED TO STICK THE BABY IN YOUR BELLY.

Everytime I carry a ladies' phone it is with the stipulation that I get to make one sexy text message to anyone on her contact list I choose.

It's always the guy who has had a crush on her for years but she still hangs out with because she doesn't want to hurt his feelings.

Javen on
    edited February 2009
    What I dislike is that if the guy wants the abortion, but the girl keeps it, then that guy is in for child support for nearly 2 decades

True, but you could get the woman to agree to terminate your parental rights. Which is hard but some women would rather not have to ever deal with the guy (and court hearings for support and visitation and custody hearings) then get a check once a month.

VisionOfClarity on
    edited February 2009
    Jigrah wrote: »
    Or even ya know, two months in. Its seriously just, wow that was going to be my child, and now its not and I was powerless to make that decision. That gets to me.

If I wanted the abortion and she didn't, she is more then welcome to keep the baby as long as I don't have to pay child support. She wants to take responsibility and I dont, then I should never be apart of that babies life.
    hmm

Faricazy on
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    What I dislike is that if the guy wants the abortion, but the girl keeps it, then that guy is in for child support for nearly 2 decades for one mistake

No law saying he had to stick his dick inside the lady in question and blast a load of baby-making man batter up her egg basket.

I really hope you are joking.

Also, Jigrah, the reason you don't have much sex is because girls don't like you

The Black Hunter on
  • J3pJ3p Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    hahah oh my gosh

what the hell, thread

J3p on
    +./\ 50 ?. 50
    edited February 2009
    jesus christ

Meissnerd on
  • DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    What's up J3p

DrIanMalcolm on
    edited February 2009

OK fine.

You both have an equal say.

You both want something different.

Now who casts the deciding vote.

The person who is actually going to give birth and carry the baby?

Or the dude that needs to buy icecream at 1am?

Look it sucks. I'm a dude, I would love to have more say in what would happen in the possible birth of my child. The fact of the matter is there is no fair way for it to happen. You just gotta suck it up I'm afraid dude and stop bitching about how it's so unfair that all you get is blowjobs for the next nine months.

Blake T on
  • EinhanderEinhander __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009

I hear from people what a colossal douchey retarded idiot you are but you know I was willing to give you a pass because I hadn't seen it for myself

but fuck you

FUCK. YOU.

Shit viv, I'm sorry.

I forgot they sell abortion kits in vending machines over there.

Gotta make boys, not girls, after all.

Einhander on
    edited February 2009

No law saying he had to stick his dick inside the lady in question and blast a load of baby-making man batter up her egg basket.

I really hope you are joking.
    Not particularly. I mean, I'd understand in cases of BC failure, but otherwise I'm pretty firmly in the category of shut up and do right by the child.

Hacksaw on
    edited February 2009
    okay blake you be danny devito and i'll be arnold

our baby will be beautiful

Faricazy on
    edited February 2009

OK fine.

Look it sucks. I'm a dude, I would love to have more say in what would happen in the possible birth of my child. The fact of the matter is there is no fair way for it to happen. You just gotta suck it up I'm afraid dude and stop bitching about how it's so unfair that all you get is blowjobs for the next nine months.

You flip a coin. Or ask the 8 Ball. Or do Rock, Paper, Scissors.

VisionOfClarity on
    edited February 2009

but fuck you

FUCK. YOU.

Shit viv, I'm sorry.

I forgot they sell abortion kits in vending machines over there.

Gotta make boys, not girls, after all.

yeah ok

FUCK. YOU.

Vivixenne on
    edited February 2009

OK fine.

BATTLESHIP

Faricazy on
  • J3pJ3p Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    What's up J3p

it's all trolling, right

J3p on
    +./\ 50 ?. 50
    edited February 2009
    Faricazy wrote: »

OK fine.

BATTLESHIP

Agreed. Now we must buy one for every Planned Parenthood in America.

VisionOfClarity on
    edited February 2009

No it's not. Wanna know why?

You're not the one playing host to the little parasite for nine fucking months of your life.

Have I made myself clear, or do I need to go into greater detail than that?

Hacksaw on