As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I guess I draw sometimes [sketch dump] (NSFW, 56K)

2»

• TamTam Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Long arms, I think.

Hey Allan

I want you to know that I read your comic

and I really like it

Tam on
  • AllanAllan Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Tam

I want you to know

that I really like

you

Allan on
    banndd1av6.gifbannerdd2or5.gif
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Ahhhh young love.

Mustang on
    edited February 2009
    It's called bromance

Tam on
  • UrantiaUrantia regular
    edited February 2009
    You're a sexy draftsman and that gives me the bumps.

Urantia on
    Ignore the above.
    edited February 2009
    what? I ain't got no technical drawings here!

thanks.

Tam on
  • UrantiaUrantia regular
    edited February 2009
    Wiki- "Common instruments include graphite pencils, pen and ink, inked brushes, wax color pencils, crayons, charcoals, chalk, pastels, markers, stylus, or various metals like silverpoint. An artist who practices or works in drawing may be referred to as a draftsman or draughtsman."

Now take my admiration with gusto.

Urantia on
    Ignore the above.
    edited February 2009
    Urantia wrote: »
    Wiki- "Common instruments include graphite pencils, pen and ink, inked brushes, wax color pencils, crayons, charcoals, chalk, pastels, markers, stylus, or various metals like silverpoint. An artist who practices or works in drawing may be referred to as a draftsman or draughtsman."

Now take my admiration with gusto.

what sort? white or red?

Tam on
  • UrantiaUrantia regular
    edited February 2009
    Red.

Urantia on
    Ignore the above.
    edited February 2009
    and the cheese?

Tam on
  • UrantiaUrantia regular
    edited February 2009
    Surprise me.

Urantia on
    Ignore the above.
    edited February 2009
    Haha! I found a general composition for my contest piece that seems to work!

2nqrtxf.jpg

tweaking will continue

Tam on
  • RadioKillerRadioKiller bringer of death to antiquated technology a methlab in MORegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    your face work and your humans are way above par. Very nice detail and structure. ~nod nod~ Some of them could use a little more action to them, but I guess that's just me.

Your background or foliage drawing could use a little more work. They look like some shading is missing.

I DO LOVE your creatures! So far I've seen nothing but great things. Whoo!

RadioKiller on
  • UrantiaUrantia regular
    edited February 2009
    Triangular composition FTW. Make sure you give Tycho some breathing room on the right as he's heading off the page.

Urantia on
    Ignore the above.
    edited February 2009
    Radiokiller: Thanks! I am deathly frightened of action poses because my sense of proportion and form seems to go out the window when I do them. I'll note this as something to practice when I have time.

Urantia(my best internet friend- I told everyone): Noted. I'm not sure what I'm going to have Annarchy doing hanging off the branch. I wanted to throw Twisp and Catsby in there riding in their hot air balloon too, but I think that might throw off the composition. Advice?

Tam on
  • LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Well the block men gestures really helps you get a sense of making movement in a figure while keeping proportions in the zoop voop.

Loomdun on
    splat
    edited February 2009
    j63fxx.jpg

Tam on
  • UrantiaUrantia regular
    edited February 2009
    hmm, Iunno about ol' Twisp and Catsby, compositions tend to favor an odd number of emphasis points, and I can't see a place to add them without forcing some odd symmetry. But you're a smarty, best friend! So I'm sure you can figure something out. (And oh yeah, like anyone's gonna give a crap about that when it's our favorite comic characters in a fan art.)

About the creature- I love it! Hentai version now.

Urantia on
    Ignore the above.
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, that's what I thought. I think I'm just going to keep trying to find new compositions- the one I posted is boring, I think.

Thanks, B(I)FF!

Tam on
  • FlatEricFlatEric Leaves from the vine, Falling so slow Like fragile, tiny shells, Drifting in the foamRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    First, let me say that I am by no stretch of the imagination an artist. But I think if you were to take the branch Annarchy is hanging on and make it longer, therefore having her hang down more directly above Gabe, then that would open up enough extra space between Tycho and Annarchy to put the Twisp and Catsby balloon in the background.

It may not even be necessary to move Annarchy. If you make the balloon at the same depth as the hill ridge there that is farthest back, you could probably get away with placing it horizontally just a little to the right of the middle between Tycho and Annarchy, and vertically about right where Annarchy's left hand is.

Anyway, that's just my .02 of course. The composition looks fantastic as it is.

FlatEric on
    S80hoUu.jpg
    hDrW8.png