As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

A.P. Webcomics II

GoatmonGoatmon Companion of KessRegistered User regular
edited March 2009 in Social Entropy++
Here we go again.
Webcomics aren't all friendly. Some are positively traumatizing. This handy guide should steer you past the peril and reduce scarring to the retinas:

mcninja.jpg
The Adventures of Dr. Mcninja
The ongoing adventures of a doctor who also happens to be a ninja named Dr. Mcninja, and the colorful characters that surround him. The good doctor fights crime and rare diseases, breaks windows and is loved by everyone but Teefs. The art is good and constantly improving, and the wacky premise delivers lotsa laffs.
2p23.gif
NSFW: probably not

dinosaur.png
Daily Dinos
Hey, it's T-rex! Is ... is he stepping on that little woman again!? So the art never changes, it’s the same panels each time... But it’s a genuinely funny, intelligent comic and you could lose your youth wading through it’s gargantuan archives.
comic2-1115.png
NSFW: probably not

xkcdLogo.png
That one mathy comic
XKCD . . . honestly, the new ones are disappointing, but the older ones are worth a look. Its generally a conglomeration of science/math/programming based comedy, with some romance (ugh) tossed in. It can either be funny or slightly pathetic. In order to even comprehend the lingo round these here parts though, at least a glance is required.
Penguin Edit: There is basically nothing that needs to be appreciated about XKCD. It's stick figures talking about math and the main nerd's girlfriend. And yes, it is exactly that lame.
cat_proximity.png
NSFW: the relationship comics are offensive to everyone

overc.jpg
OverCompensating
A journal comic about Jeffrey Rowland's life; no really. If his life is actually populated by zombie cats, vampicorns, time travel and disenchanted druggies named Weedmaster P, than Jeff is the luckiest guy around. The art may not be the best, but it is colorful and the photography backgrounds are oddly insightful and charming. Certified funny, it gets my stamp of approval.
auto.png
NSFW: Not really, but not recommended office reading.

pagetemplate_index_02.gif
Wondermark
A non-linear barrage of cross-hatched delight, wherein current events, technologies and mindsets find themselves transported to the 19th century. Wry and witty, it is all the more charming with it's exquisite vintage newspaper art clippings.
409.gif
NSFW: family fun

robandelliot.jpg
Rob and Elliot
Somewhat cliche; the adventures of two roommates, one tightlaced the other crazy. It can be hit or miss, but there are gems among the archives.
comic149.jpg
NSFW: nope

wonderella_logo.gif
Wonderella
Classy Photoshop comic about a surly lady superhero. For a comic about a super heroine there is very little super-happenin’s. But that’s the point, and even the most seemingly mundane aspects of life are given a comedic twist.
2008-06-07-96.png
NSFW: no

catandgirl.gif
Cat and Girl
Cat and Girl are a mismatched pair, bumbling through life mired in debt and questioning societal mores and current ethics. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but if you can appreciate the humor, there is plenty to enjoy.
cg0587bad.gif

saturday.jpg
Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal
Gargantuan archives filled with lots of fluff that isn’t particularly pretty, but if you dig around you will find strips that make the search worth it. Updates daily which is kind of nice.
20080524.gif
NSFW: at times, so not reccomended for school or work

kate.jpg
Kate Beaton
Even the most boring historical figures are made funny with Kate Beaton's whimsical prose and enchanting cartooning.
Peng-Edit: Here's the gal's Live Journal.
PS: Knob doesn't dig this comic. Not at all.
gamer.jpg

hvlogo08.gif
Horribleville
A wonderfully drawn, colorful journal comic. None of the events claim to be true in the least, and that is OK. It is funny enough to marry and that is what counts.
Peng-Edit: Here is dude's Live Journal.
20080518.gif
NSFW: sometimes

achewood.jpg
Achewood
A big fav round these here parts. Like Arrested Development, you have the start from the beginning, but most folks would claim it’s worth it/
Really funny comic, some people don't enjoy it so much, but they are giant faggots. Need to know the characters.
uua6Ptg4Q.gif

title.png
Beaver and Steve
It's not that great, but I really like it.

whiteninjacomics-top11.gif
White Ninja
Some hate it, some like it.

SuperMegaBanner_Inverted.gif
Supermega
Yes, I know you don't like it. We can't come to an agreement on whether that yellow is comedy gold or just plain piss.

logo2.gif
Minus
Not funny per se, it is artsy for art’s sake (yeesh, they are all actual watercolor paintings!). But it’s cute and compelling, about a little girl named Minues who can do anything.
minus90.jpg

bplogo08.png
Bee Power
By the same guy that brought you Horribleville, so you know you would cheat on your spouse with it. It's over, but read the archives, you wont regret it.
20080607.gif

SchlockLogo-LeftChunk.gif
Schlock mercenary
I don't think this has ever really been posted or discussed here. I kind of enjoy it, but it is mostly from the dark days when I read many, many webcomics, most of them terrible. The art is not very good, the writing is decent. I am mostly still reading it because it has a storyline I got stuck reading over a year ago.

a4.gif
Rice boy
Simply amazing comic. The art is pretty good and the story is just fantastic.

simplea.gif
A Simply Apology
Currently not updating, but will return soon.

logo.gif
MS Paint Adventures
Is this a comic? Fuck if I know, but it's funny.
ps001.gif
NSFW: perhaps

allan.jpg
Allan
Journal comic with no real focus on humor, but it keeps me coming back.
20080712.png
NSFW: occasionally

fanboys.jpg
Fanboys
The art (while really good) takes getting used to, and the premise is familiar, but you can’t ignore a well written, genuinely funny comic when you see it.
Penguin Edit: Fanboys looks like a Hieronymous Bosche painting of a child molester's soul. It's creepy and weird, and worse yet, it isn't even all that funny.
20080428.jpg

slack.gif
Slackerz
A somewhat odd style, and somewhat hit and miss, but you can expect (in the least) for it to make you smile.
074.gif
NSFW: yes

scarygoround.png
Scary Go Round
English whimsy meets British gloom.

Octopus Pie
Life in New York, navigating through hipsters, stoners, vegans, hippies, and semi-professional competitive ice-skating.

sam.gif
Sam and Fuzzy
Extremely complicated humorous conspiracies involving ninjas, evil record producers, and and inexplicably animated teddy bear.

Top_GITP.gif
Order of the Stick
The best D&D fanfiction probably ever.

title-1.jpg
Gunnerkrigg Court
A fantasy comic centering on Antimony, a young girl left at a boarding school with it's fair share of secrets. It's hard to pigeonhole it, but I can't think of anyone that doesn't like it.
00000097.jpg

top_b.jpg
Perry Bible Fellowship
It's over but still hilarious.

Dresden Codak
Great eye-candy but sometimes scattered and hard to follow (like your mom).
Penguin Edit: Dresden Codak is basically a long-form thesis of a machine fetishist. It's pretty good looking, but about as smart as a sophomore that just saw Donnie Darko.

A Lesson Is Learned, But The Damage Is Irreversible
It's been on hiatus forever, but the archives are required reading.

abonomgharihh.jpg
The Abominable Charles Christopher So it turns out Yeti’s a cute and quite comedic.
Penguin Edit: This comic is a delight. It reminds me of Bone for some reason.

10.gif
1/0

Very interesting, deep, almost meta-comic.

tjclogo.gif
The Journal Comic

Drew Weing just draws some comics about his life.

banner.gif
http://spamusement.com/

This dude takes the subject lines of spam emails, and then makes a 1 panel comic from them. Works best if you just stay on the main page, where you can see the title, then click the link to the comic.

home_ttl.gif
http://www.slowwave.com/
'A collective dream journal' - basically people send this lady their dreams, and she puts them in comic form. (actually this one still updates, it's just real slow)

Jerkcity
It sucks but someone asked.
Penguin Edit: Jerkcity is basically like Voldemort or Candyman. Mentioning it just gives it power. The best we can do is never speak of the comic, otherwise it's going to get posted eight hundred times in a row.

gillsansultrabold.png
Anders Loves Maria
It's yet another relationship comic, but it's got more to do with actual relationships than your usual self-insertion "I'm such a nice guy why don't women want me oh wait now they do" webcomic dickbaggery. Large chunks of it are charmingly/incomprehensibly Swedish. Also, it's got quite a few instances of characters appearing in the altogether, so that's a bit out of the ordinary. Probably shouldn't read it at work/It's a fairly well done comic, with good art and well-written characters.

titleheader.brownlogo.jpg
Girl Genius
One of those really long-term comics with a storyline that keeps going and going and going, but it's entertaining steampunk and updates regularly three times a week.
Penguin Edit: Apparently there's people that pay for the print version of this comic. More power to 'em. . . I guess.

33p6fir.gif
Lackadaisy
First off, it is not furry, even if all the characters are cats. They just happen to be rumrunning Jazz-age felines, and let me tell ya: it's the absolute berries. Great dialogue, fantastic art, wicked humor and all around wonderful writing - it's the cat's meow.
Penguin Edit: "Dur dur dey ain't furries! Durrrrr!" This is a great comic. Great looking and it's real funny. And if you won't read it because you're hung up on furries, you're missing out. You're also probably a tool. Though, odds are you're more clever than the dozen people that mention "furries" every time this comic is posted.
1203883244.jpg
NSFW: nope

hs2qnm.gif
Lucid TV
Forget Scrubs, doctors have taken over the internets and they are way funnier. The art is crisp and slightly retro and it's all around excellent read.
Penguin Edit: Lucid TV's LJ.
PS: The dude loves Blood Meridian.
009.jpg

2eqdvky.gif
Bear and Kitten
It's about a bear and a kitten named Bear and Kitten. They are the bestest of friends and have all sorts of adorable, slightly not safe for work adventures that include being eaten by snakes and getting stuck up trees. Sounds cute? It is, and it's also really funny.
2008-03-12.jpg
NSFW: You might think otherwise, but it is.

ce-banner_150x50_v1.gif
Captain Excelsior
Written by the Saturday Cereal Zach, drawn by Chris of Grumps, it's the ongoing life and times of Captain Excelsior and his less than normal family.

headergroupleft.gif
Nedroid
It is funny in a slightly morbid sort of way, the humor dependent on the situation more than much else. It's heartily recommended however.

clearpixel.gif
Idiot Comics
It is a comic about a man. It is illustrated and put on the internet for consumption. I'd like to mention more about it, but we just found it today and I'll be goddamned if I'm going to read more about it.

patches.gif
Patches.
Patches is a strange little webcomic about two gophers that is apparently drawn on the paper bags you get for your groceries. It's an absurd little comic that isn't always funny, but it's always kind of adorable. Or something.

Freak Angels.

I haven't been following this comic too well, but I do know that since it's written by comic impresario Warren Ellis, it's guaranteed to be . . . absolutely batshit insane. In a good way, mind you.

A Softer World
A Softer world can’t be described too well. It is always a series of 3 panels, fuzzy, off center photographs – and text runs across them. The humor doesn’t follow punchlines but grabs you with it’s dry wit.
catforawife.jpg
NSFW: sometimes (text-wise)

sugarboukascomics.jpg
Sugarbouka Shorts
Dont' expect updates. This is just some light reading, short comic stories and all. Telling you what they are about sort of ruins them, so I suggest you take a look (It'll take you less than two minutes anyway).
wDCFM10.jpg

Thanks Vann, Damascus!

Also here's a comic about pancakes, and the devil children who love them.
Doodmann wrote: »
1234530009606.jpg

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

Goatmon on

• Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    God I hope vent crew doesn't ruin this one too guys

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • J3pJ3p Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Requesting thread title be changed to "Ceci N'est Pas Une Webcomics Thread"

J3p on
    +./\ 50 ?. 50
  • FabricateFabricate __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    I like how Ryan (Dr. Funkenstein) suddenly represents everyone who uses the SE++ ventrilo!

e; ryan you bitch

Fabricate on
  • FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Dinosaur Comics is my absolute favorite comic. I am always in love with him by that final panel

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    i didn't get to see my "there's a monster at the end of this thread" gag to completion

i blame you, funkenstien

also am i the only one who can't get to the problem sleuth site?

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
    edited February 2009
    Fabricate wrote: »
    I like how Ryan (Dr. Funkenstein) suddenly represents everyone who uses the SE++ ventrilo!

Yeah and that because I posted three comics I ruined all 99 pages of the thread

Cause no one else had posted shitty comics in the thread

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    While not a webcomic per say, it is the best pancake related comic ever.

1234530009606.jpg

Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
    edited February 2009
    I was gonna post funny images in the last thread, I'm not going to lie. The spoiler contains one of them.
    1rd734.jpg

J3p on
    +./\ 50 ?. 50
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    rather than locking the thread, can we just start infracting people who post shit like nemu nemu?

TheySlashThem on
  • FabricateFabricate __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    It is you, Orik.

You are the vent crew.

Fabricate on
  • BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I liked that Lacksadaisial Cats comic about pancakes

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited February 2009
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
    edited February 2009
    rabbitintherosesredux.jpg

i forgot how different reginald used to be drawn

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Doodmann wrote: »
    While not a webcomic per say, it is the best pancake related comic ever.

1234530009606.jpg

I have added this to the OP.

Goatmon on

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    comics are gay

PiptheFair on
    edited February 2009
    Webcomics, though, are extremely heterosexual.

J3p on
    +./\ 50 ?. 50
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Fiz wrote: »
    Dinosaur Comics is my absolute favorite comic. I am always in love with him by that final panel

25p795l.png

mcninjaqwantz.gif

Goatmon on

• DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited February 2009
    connolly.png

Unknown User on
  • BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    doodman you are so silly just stealing my post

you even just pulled it off my photobucket sillybutt

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2009
    OMG BEL

SHINING FORCE II

LOVE IT

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
    edited February 2009
    yess hi5 geek

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
    edited February 2009
    THE RAT TURNS INTO A NINJA!

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
    edited February 2009
    yeah, it can be difficult to get him leveled up at first, but slade turns out pretty awesome

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
    edited February 2009
    AND THEN THE FAT DUMB BIRD BECOMES A SWEET KICK-ASS PHOENIX.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
    edited February 2009
    awww yeah peter is awesome

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
    edited February 2009
    Goddamn I haven't played it in so long. I should get it on Wii, but I still haven't finished going through the first SF on the virtual console so I gotta do that dammit.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
    edited February 2009

[Deleted User] on
    edited February 2009
    I don't think so, but Super Mario RPG and Secret of Mana are.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    captain excelsior link is still buggered.

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    One of the best decisions I made was getting the original Paper Mario on the Virtual Console

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
    edited February 2009

[Deleted User] on
    edited February 2009
    You're talking about the N64 game right

because goddamn that game was awesome

Yeah it is

BusterK on
    edited February 2009
    Paper Mario is fantastic

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I forgot about the Virtual Console

is Earthbound on it yet
    Never going to happen because Nintendo secretly hates us.

Bedlam on
    edited February 2009

[Deleted User] on
    edited February 2009
    BusterK wrote: »
    One of the best decisions I made was getting the original Paper Mario on the Virtual Console

heck yes paper mario rules

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • DavoidDavoid Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Super Mario RPG was like, a weekly rental for me when I was a little kid

I just got a new copy of Loom today, I haven't played it since I was very small

Davoid on
    rqv6.png
  • MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Hey guys I heard yo like webcomics so I put yo in a webcomic so yo and yo webcomic can webcomic yo yo-yos

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Also Super Mario RPG is the best kind of JRPG

Do you want to take a quest to save the world?
    >Yes
    >No

>No

Ok!

GAME OVER

I thought that was in Super Paper Mario.

Speed Racer on
    edited February 2009
    pierreandmargaret.png

oscarandbosie1.png

marienandpierre.png

oscarandbosie2.png

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
This discussion has been closed.