As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Account Deletion

Mr. Lost ManMr. Lost Man Registered User regular
Can I have my account here deleted?

Mr. Lost Man on

• Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Why?

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited February 2009
    Nope.

Tube on
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Regardless of why the short answer is no.

the longer is no because that doesn't happen here, ever.

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    You can never leaveeeee

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I'm curious as to why people answer questions directed at me either before or especially after I have answered them.

Tube on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Positive reinforcement!

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Just Cause!

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    wasted pixelswasted pixels Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Henroid wrote: »
    Positive reinforcement!

Now he's probably wondering why people insist on answering rhetoric questions.

This thread reminds me that I've been meaning to ask why Penny Arcade (and the forums therein) don't have a privacy policy or terms of service anywhere. Not that I run websites for a living or anything, but issuing cookies and storing user data indefinitely with no clearly defined privacy policy is probably not an awesome idea.

And now I'm going to say "Robert Khoo" in smaller, slightly obscured text to summon him and get his input.

wasted pixels on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    We have a terms of service, you agree to it when you sign up to the forums. We don't have a privacy policy because we don't need one. If you don't like being part of a site with no privacy policy, don't sign up.

Tube on
  • Options
    CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    But I don't want people to find out that I'm a dick!

It ruins the surprise in the real world!

Cyvros on
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'm curious as to why people answer questions directed at me either before or especially after I have answered them.

You don't like having your own personal chorus?

:(

MKR on
  • Options
    ZackSchillingZackSchilling Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Whenever I see people who want their accounts deleted, I wonder what is happening in their lives and if by "delete my account" they actually mean "delete all the retarded shit that I've written because someone figured out the link between my real identity and this screen name".

Because that's all the more reason not to delete the account.

ZackSchilling on
    ghost-robot.jpg
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Whenever I see people who want their accounts deleted, I wonder what is happening in their lives and if by "delete my account" they actually mean "delete all the retarded shit that I've written because someone figured out the link between my real identity and this screen name".

I agree, but the OP only has 16 posts, most of them in a single thread, and only signed up a month and a half ago.

Not exactly an old timer trying to cover their tracks or get a fresh start.

To be clear, I'm not saying it should be deleted, just that it strikes me as weird.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009

Couldn't you just delete all your posts instead? And/or stop posting here?

Ivar on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Yes, but if you did something particularly stupid, the damage will have been done. People quoting you, Google caching your posts and threads and so on.

Cyvros on
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009

posted from my phone, and by the time i had typed it out and submitted and it actually GOT submitted, you had posted.

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Some people have the fixation that if they stop using a service, they _must_ delete their account with it, even if the service is free, and the inactive account remaining in a database means nothing.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Ivar wrote: »

Couldn't you just delete all your posts instead? And/or stop posting here?

or you could just not post retarded shit in the first place

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    There's a reason why I've stayed the fuck away from the 'Horrible Things You've Done' thread. The easiest way to keep a secret is making sure nobody else the fuck knows.

I keep the same attitude with my social networking pages.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    There's a couple things in that thread that people probably should've kept quiet about, even on an anonymous forum.

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I think I heard the phrase, 'you can't unring a bell,' at a very impressionable age, and it stuck.

Wait, we have a mod named Scooter?o_O

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Apparently!

Scooter on
  • Options
    YourFatAuntSusanYourFatAuntSusan Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I know that some people are being pretty cautious now about the amount of online data out there. I recently went on a "deletion spree" and had the owners of various forums delete my accounts not because I was trying to cover up "retarded posts" but because if someone managed to tie my real identity with my online identity, it would be very easy to create a pretty accurate description of major purchases, where I live, what I own etc.

It's a legitimate issue.

YourFatAuntSusan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I just assumed he wanted to circumvent CTs no name changing policy by deleting his account and creating a new one linked to his email address.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited February 2009
    You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

Aroduc on
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Can I have my account here deleted?

nice try. if you don't want anyone to know who you are you can try for a name change though. ignore the thread title, it's a joke :)

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Why is my champagne pink? I demand answers!

Cyvros on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I am totally going to sue until we allowed to delete accounts. My lawyer will be in touch.

LewieP on
  • Options
    Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I want my money back!

Folken Fanel on
    Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    LewieP wrote: »
    I am totally going to sue until we allowed to delete accounts. My lawyer will be in touch.

Not if your mother grounds you first!

Henroid on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Henroid wrote: »
    LewieP wrote: »

Not if your mother grounds you first!

I think that was a jib to the guy from half a year ago who wanted his account deleted and was going to sic his lawyers on Mister Tube Esquire.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, this thread has gone two pages longer than it should have.

Älphämönkëy on
This discussion has been closed.