As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

THE INCREDIBLE H (erc, ulk, son of, and she)

167891012»

• FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Can I say that I thought Hulk #7 was actually intentionally entertaining this week?

To say this, you would have had to have read it.

Having read it, you most likely bought it.

We are enemies.

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'll buy anything that has both Art Adams and Frank Cho as interior artists thank you very much.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    you realise you're just perpetuating a vicious cycle right?

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    This issue was okay, the art was spectacular but I agree it feels like half issues from 2 seperate comics.

I hate that they are actually trying to call it "Rulk" now but whatever, its still a fun book.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Everytime I see Red Hulk I just can't help but think of Loose Cannon, despite the purely superficial similarities.

Except, I like Loose Cannon.

Munch on
  • KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    WWH was going to be a huge impact event with ramifications felt throughout the Marvel Universe. It was originally posted on Tom Brevourts blog, but I reformatted and reposted it (with credit to Tom B) on my blog with proper bolding/titles/pullquotes for easier reading if you want to view it here.

Some quotes from the original outline:
    Thor leaves his stronghold in the Oklahoma desert, heads towards the Hulk. Korg is the one to meet him. Old adversaries. Korg tells Thor that the Hulk is right. Thor should stand down. Thor knocks him aside. The Hulk comes out. Great clash over the desert. Epic, earth-shattering battle. Ends with the Hulk making Thor drop his hammer -- and Korg picks it up. Korg actually picks up the Hulk’s hammer -- he’s worthy. Thor’s blown away by this. He and the Hulk have a moment. Thor withdraws, says he doesn’t understand this all. But he won’t fight these heroes.

Hulk descends upon the city. Sentry rises to meet him, trying to claim old friendship. The Spikes surround the Sentry. Hold him. And then the Hulk balls up his great fist and smashes -- and breaks every bone in the Sentry’s body. Heroes are shocked -- they’ve never seen the Hulk so powerful.

Hulk has won. He could take over the whole planet if he chooses. And now we get a glimpse of what he would do, how he would rule. And, amazingly enough, it would be a utopia. A monarchy, to be sure, but with a genuinely just ruler. And here this new incarnation of the Hulk comes to full bloom -- he’s the Righteous Hulk. Unfathomable physical power combined with incredible heart and vision. It’s the opposite of the Maestro. Something we’ve never seen.

So, ya, editorial made it a slugfest so they could move on to Secret invasion with little hassle.

edit: fuck me, why did i drag this up. stupid search and not checkign the dates on others posts. sorry.

KVW on
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Wow, I'm surprised we haven't talked about Herc in so long.

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • DrakeonDrakeon Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    KVW wrote: »
    WWH was going to be a huge impact event with ramifications felt throughout the Marvel Universe. It was originally posted on Tom Brevourts blog, but I reformatted and reposted it (with credit to Tom B) on my blog with proper bolding/titles/pullquotes for easier reading if you want to view it here.

Some quotes from the original outline:
    Thor leaves his stronghold in the Oklahoma desert, heads towards the Hulk. Korg is the one to meet him. Old adversaries. Korg tells Thor that the Hulk is right. Thor should stand down. Thor knocks him aside. The Hulk comes out. Great clash over the desert. Epic, earth-shattering battle. Ends with the Hulk making Thor drop his hammer -- and Korg picks it up. Korg actually picks up the Hulk’s hammer -- he’s worthy. Thor’s blown away by this. He and the Hulk have a moment. Thor withdraws, says he doesn’t understand this all. But he won’t fight these heroes.

Hulk descends upon the city. Sentry rises to meet him, trying to claim old friendship. The Spikes surround the Sentry. Hold him. And then the Hulk balls up his great fist and smashes -- and breaks every bone in the Sentry’s body. Heroes are shocked -- they’ve never seen the Hulk so powerful.

Hulk has won. He could take over the whole planet if he chooses. And now we get a glimpse of what he would do, how he would rule. And, amazingly enough, it would be a utopia. A monarchy, to be sure, but with a genuinely just ruler. And here this new incarnation of the Hulk comes to full bloom -- he’s the Righteous Hulk. Unfathomable physical power combined with incredible heart and vision. It’s the opposite of the Maestro. Something we’ve never seen.

So, ya, editorial made it a slugfest so they could move on to Secret invasion with little hassle.

edit: fuck me, why did i drag this up. stupid search and not checkign the dates on others posts. sorry.

Fuck that sounds awesome. Goddamnit Marvel (Also goddamnit Loeb, the WWH incarnation was really freaking cool, they could have found some other way to depower him if that was the issue, but nooo back to savage Hulk).

Drakeon on
    PSN: Drakieon XBL: Drakieon Steam: TheDrakeon
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited February 2009
    I can see why they changed the ending though. Because while that makes for a cool alternate universe kind of tale, it doesn't work with a shared universe. Doesn't mean they went the right direction with the ending they ended up using, by any means, but I can understand why they made the change.

DJ Eebs on
  • sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I can see why they changed the ending though. Because while that makes for a cool alternate universe kind of tale, it doesn't work with a shared universe. Doesn't mean they went the right direction with the ending they ended up using, by any means, but I can understand why they made the change.

Don't excuse their behaviour! You're being an enabler!

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited February 2009
    You're right, I would have liked to read two years of HULK: INVINCIBLE UTOPIAN LEADER WHO IS SOOOOOOOOO AWESOME (HOW AWESOME SO AWESOME)

DJ Eebs on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    The inherent flaw with the whole story is that it could never have been Richards, because if Richards wanted to kill the Hulk, the Hulk would be dead.

Fencingsax on
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    The inherent flaw with the whole story is that it could never have been Richards, because if Richards wanted to kill the Hulk, the Hulk would be dead.

Reed is the biggest fucking failure in comic history. Worse than Pym because Pym doesn't try that much.

DarkWarrior on
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Reed is the biggest fucking failure in comic history. Worse than Pym because Pym doesn't try that much.

Cool. Thanks for your oppinion.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Okay, let's be fair: The Thing.

Reed is a Comic Book Super Genius, but it's a double-edged sword. He couldn't kill the Hulk no matter how hard he tried because no one wants to tell that story.

Also, yeah. A year of Hulk as Conan could be fine, maybe a few more, but it would get kind of old. Hulk should have stayed intelligent when he got back, though. That "stupid laser" thing was asinine. It would have been interesting to have an intelligent Hulk who wasn't Strong Banner. Or you know, an incredibly silly mobster parody.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Banner transforming into a Hulk who's smarter than he is might make for an interesting story if they had an adversarial Jekyll/Hyde kind of relationship.

Robos A Go Go on
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Them turning him back to stupid Hulk makes sense.

I mean, the whole reason he got smarter in the first place was his body desperatly trying to cope with his de-powered state after being dragged to Saakar.

He's fully healed, it's been a long time since then, and he did have one supercharged omnipotent rage out at the end of WWH that could have possibly overloaded War Hulk's persona.

But instead of explaining this they just make him Dumb Hulk and pretend War Hulk never happend.

Which is silly.

Transporter on
  • VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I kind of agree, I'm more annoyed at their lack of interest in addressing what happened between the end of WWH and his next appearance than the fact that he's back to Savage Hulk.

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
    edited February 2009
    Well if they'd given the follow up series to anybody other than good old Jeph 'fuck continuity' Loeb we probably would have seen some.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Okay, let's be fair: The Thing.

Reed is a Comic Book Super Genius, but it's a double-edged sword. He couldn't kill the Hulk no matter how hard he tried because no one wants to tell that story.

Also, yeah. A year of Hulk as Conan could be fine, maybe a few more, but it would get kind of old. Hulk should have stayed intelligent when he got back, though. That "stupid laser" thing was asinine. It would have been interesting to have an intelligent Hulk who wasn't Strong Banner. Or you know, an incredibly silly mobster parody.

Joe Fixit was awesome.

Crimsondude on
    edited February 2009
    I expected Hulk to form his own nation on Earth like Wakanda with the Warbound. Exploring him readjusting to humanity and having to learn to work with them to save the world plus facing his rogues gallery witht he warbound would be supremely interesting over the boring, mindless hulk. Especially the one drawn like the guy in the belltower who wants to bang Esmerelda.

DarkWarrior on
    edited February 2009
    Man, he should have been elected President of Australia, obviously.
    00015pxx

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    no that would never work because
    HULKSMASHPAPERWORK.jpg

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited February 2009
    Whats the Hulk with silver tattoos?

DarkWarrior on
  • sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Whats the Hulk with silver tattoos?

It was a pretty decent House of M story iirc.

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    edited February 2009
    Yep, he was adopted by a tribe of aboriginals which the local mutant forces then unwisely decided to mess with. Hilarity ensued.

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
    edited February 2009
    If i recall the Hulk was backed up by AIM, they had a kick arse submarine. But ultimately abused their alliance with Hulk when they started abducting people in order to manufacture a cyborg army with which battle Magneto.

I'd love to know if its just one Aboriginal tribe that takes in all the loose superhero riffraff floating around on Australia or what-not.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2009
    I didn't want to spoiler the whole story though. Too bad Hulk couldn't meet up with Constantine.

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
  • ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

I mean, the whole reason he got smarter in the first place was his body desperatly trying to cope with his de-powered state after being dragged to Saakar.

He's fully healed, it's been a long time since then, and he did have one supercharged omnipotent rage out at the end of WWH that could have possibly overloaded War Hulk's persona.

But instead of explaining this they just make him Dumb Hulk and pretend War Hulk never happend.

Which is silly.

once again, why i completely ignore the concept of 'continuity' or 'canon'

ManonvonSuperock on
    edited February 2009
    Some of us like those things though, and on the whole Marvel is pretty good to us. Which makes it all the worse when they screw up.

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
    edited February 2009

Which is silly.

once again, why i completely ignore the concept of 'continuity' or 'canon'

Because you're letting Loeb get away with garbage writing?

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Even if you ignore the concept of continuity, it doesn't make it go away. A happened before C, so there should be some explanation as to where B lands in the mix. It's common sense.

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • IrohIroh Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Faynor wrote: »
    Even if you ignore the concept of continuity, it doesn't make it go away. A happened before C, so there should be some explanation as to where B lands in the mix. It's common sense.
    Of course something happened in between, but do you really need it all spelled out for you? I'm content in knowing the character is in good hands with Dan Slott, be it smart Hulk or retard Hulk.

Iroh on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Faynor wrote: »

I see the Marvel/DC comic characters as more modern myths and legends. I don't think one story has to acknowledge another any more than the writer feels is necessary for his take on the character. But, I also don't read it every month or read every storyline for a character, so I could see if I did being perturbed by the ignoring of something that happened less than 12 issues or whatever ago.

Honestly if I could un-read World War Hulk, I would because it tainted my view of Planet Hulk. so I can definitely understand where you're coming from with it.

ManonvonSuperock on
    edited February 2009
    I dunno, its just the ending that taints Planet Hulk, the rest of WWH was pretty decent. It would've been pretty interesting if the heroes had just fucked up and the generator exploded and it was their fault. Its not like it'd be the first time they fucked over another world for their own, only this time it was unintentional.

DarkWarrior on
    edited February 2009
    Ugh, yes. The whole Miek and The Brood Queen betraying him thing just came off as an easy way to keep blood off the hands of characters that would ever be seen again. Plus, I mean "Oh man I'm totally in good with the demi-god king of a sprawling world-wide empire, how should I consolidate my positi- oh of course! By blowing up the planet and going to a different world full of people like him who'll try to kill me and all my children!"

durandal4532 on
  • BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Brood Queen didn't have anything to do with it did she?

And Miek didn't blow the planet up himself, he just didn't tell anyone about the bomb he saw eing put in by the Red King/Emperor's loyalists.

Not saying Miek wasn't a cockwipe, but I mean his head was fairly fucked by the end of Planet Hulk.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    BigDes wrote: »
    Brood Queen didn't have anything to do with it did she?

Definately not. Brood slashed open one of Miek's eyes after she found out.

Miek became insanely nihilistic after the last queen of his people died. Now he's obsessed with 'everything ending so the next thing can come.' He wants to wipe out everything that currently is so something new and better can happen.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png