As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[LOTRO] Barrovian Society Wanders but is not Lost

• Oddjob187Oddjob187 Pew TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I hate bears. I like my armour value where it is thank you very much.

Oddjob187 on
  • DedianDedian Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Best way to level up tailor (in the hides sense): Rug recipes from the vendor in the Ered Luin housing area. They only require one boiled hide, if I remember, and you buy the rest of the materials.

ESPECIALLY annoying are those Peikkos in their Peikko cave in Forochel, not only do they run around in circles, throwing snow boulders at you, but they POUND THE SNOW SO YOU CAN'T SEE, in a cave no less...

For pristine hides: North of Echad Candelleth (that one spot in Tal Bruinnen, south of the road), there's a canyon full of wolves (the quest that sends you to defeat the shadowy spooky wolf, or whatever). You can work your way back and forth in that canyon, and they're pretty low level wolves. Only problem is it's a popular spot for hides.. also a deed attached to them.

edit: I think that's east Evendim, east of Ost Forod - there's a spire with bears all around it. Good place, but yeah, stupid armor rend. I'll armor rend you right back!

Another edit: the wargs north of the high pass in MM also drop Dusty Tails, which you'll want for critting recipes at that tier of tailor :)

Dedian on
  • Simon MoonSimon Moon Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Oddjob187 wrote: »
    I hate bears. I like my armour value where it is thank you very much.

While I understand the sentiment, you'd best get used to carrying red/yellow/green/purple pots now, because holy crap are you going to need them later.
    Dedian wrote: »
    ESPECIALLY annoying are those Peikkos in their Peikko cave in Forochel, not only do they run around in circles, throwing snow boulders at you, but they POUND THE SNOW SO YOU CAN'T SEE, in a cave no less...

I'd blocked out that unfortunate memory. Thanks for unearthing my trauma. I swear I've never been so aggravated by a creature that had no chance of actually killing me in the entire game.

Simon Moon on
    Steam: simon moon
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'm going to need those pots later? Bleh. :(

Aldo on
  • Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    flammiebc wrote: »
    Was the kinship house still there? I think I had stopped logging in about the time I ran out of gold to pay upkeep.

Aye, it's still there. I don't know who's paying upkeep nowadays. I guess Edros, right? It might disappear soon then, because Ed doesn't have that much money and I don't really play him anymore. :(

Triple B on
    Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
    edited February 2009
    Triple B wrote: »
    flammiebc wrote: »
    Was the kinship house still there? I think I had stopped logging in about the time I ran out of gold to pay upkeep.

Aye, it's still there. I don't know who's paying upkeep nowadays. I guess Edros, right? It might disappear soon then, because Ed doesn't have that much money and I don't really play him anymore. :(

How much is upkeep?

Edit: I think it's 300 silver. I can pitch in a few weeks if people think its worth it (the inn-league keg is fun!)

Dedian on
    edited February 2009
    I have no idea how much it is, but it's unlikely that a fairly inactive guild (so far) will be able to pay it. We'll have to think of something. I can pitch in a bit from Hjartad if I need to, but I can't pay that kind of upkeep all myself. It's good that you're willing to help out too, dude. We'll figure it out. It took a lot of people a long time to get that kin house, and it's definitely worth keeping.

Triple B on
    edited February 2009
    If you fail at paying the rent you're going to have to purchase the house for the full price later, huh? 300s isn't that hard to earn. If you guys have an active group you might even consider running instances together and sell some of the stuff you don't need. Even GB has stuff that sells great on the AH on my server.

Aldo on
    edited February 2009
    Aldo wrote: »
    If you fail at paying the rent you're going to have to purchase the house for the full price later, huh? 300s isn't that hard to earn. If you guys have an active group you might even consider running instances together and sell some of the stuff you don't need. Even GB has stuff that sells great on the AH on my server.

I'm pretty sure you don't lose the house and the stuff in it if you don't keep up on upkeep. You can open it back up by paying two-times upkeep to get it back. 300s a week isn't really that bad...

Dedian on
    edited February 2009
    Oh hey, that's very casual friendly. :o

Aldo on
    edited February 2009
    Well, it IS the upkeep for a kin house, I mean... at least 8 people pecking away at 300s a week?

Deposited a few weeks into the kin house, we're all paid up!

Dedian on
    edited February 2009
    I'm staying pretty much even at 1g. Not much sells on the AH on Land. I'd have to grind on something to make some cash but yea point taken. If a bunch of us get together we could do 300s in an hour.

Oddjob187 on
    edited February 2009
    Aye, I wasn't really familiar with the way upkeep works, so it's cool to know there's no huge weight of pressure on just one person. And yeah, if we work together, it'll be absolute tits to pay 300s a week.

Oddjob, are you in The Barrovian Society? I don't recognize your name.

Triple B on
    edited February 2009
    Also, ding #38, motherfucks! :D

Triple B on
  • HullabalooHullabaloo Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So i decided to give this another shot, and I felt like playing a frodoish character so i made a hobbit burglar, but out of curiosity what would my role be at the end game (doubt i get that far) - I'm assuming Dps/Crowd control but I just wanted to know if i'm wrong on that assumption.

Hullabaloo on
    Xbox ID: Oggie Rock
  • secretexhibitionsecretexhibition Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, pretty much. DPS, Crowd Control, and Fellowship Maneuvres, i guess. On the LOTRO forums Burgs are complaining that they aren't really a valuable addition to a group anymore (compared with other classes at least), but they've gotten a new Dev who's a pretty awesome Dev so i wouldn't be too worried about that if i were a Burg. Hopefully both Guards and Burgs get significant buffs in Book 7.

I would guess nobody on this forum plays on Firefoot. :P I'm a 55 Guard on there, though, so if on the off-chance anybody does, send Leonric a tell sometime and i'd be happy to gear you out (Weapons up to 47, Gear up to 27).

Also, whenever i used to need money badly i'd go to North Downs and farm the trolls there. That would net me (at level 50), say 600-900 silver an hour. I imagine a Champ/Hunter would be a lot more efficient. Kinda boring though, the most i could ever go for was 2 hours, and that was while exploring the troll cave there. I didn't feel much like doing it again for a while after that, haha.

secretexhibition on
    edited February 2009
    Buffs for guardians and burglars and some gimping on the hunter would be ok in my book. yesterday I got outdamaged and outtanked by a hunter 4 levels lower than me. :( At least I can heal myself, beat that, fancy legelolz jerks!

Aldo on
    edited February 2009
    and some gimping on the hunter

You shut your filthy goddamn fucking dirty whore mouth.
    :x

Also, I don't know what class you are, but if you're one of the healing classes (RK or Min), then you are supposed to get outdamaged and outtanked by...well, everything else in the game. I know how frustrating it can be to get shown up by a hunter. Hell, I do it all the time. People send me tells cursing my name and calling me stuff like "ranged bitch" and all that. But seriously man, don't hate the player, hate the game. That's just how hunters work, and if they get gimped in any way, shape, or form, I will commence stabbings.
    Starting with you. :x

Triple B on
    edited February 2009

Also, I don't know what class you are, but if you're one of the healing classes (RK or Min), then you are supposed to get outdamaged and outtanked by...well, everything else in the game.

Ima Warden, by no means a weak class.

Aldo on
    edited February 2009

Also, I don't know what class you are, but if you're one of the healing classes (RK or Min), then you are supposed to get outdamaged and outtanked by...well, everything else in the game.

Ima Warden, by no means a weak class.

Well then dude, if you're a warden getting out-tanked by a hunter 4 levels lower than you, it might be time to buy some new armor. I really don't see how that could ever really happen, but if it actually did, it's time to encapsulate yourself in a nice, thick layer of metal. :D

Triple B on
    edited February 2009
    It sucks that mylotro doesn't work in the EU, but I'll let ya know I'm decked out in purples at the moment. Purples of around my level at that. It's still possible that hunter got some even fancier gear, of course, she also had a Bree horse.

Aldo on
    edited February 2009
    Are you in heavy armor or medium?

Triple B on
    edited February 2009
    Medium of course, can't wear heavy.

Aldo on
    edited February 2009
    Oh. I thought wardens got heavy.

Triple B on
    edited February 2009
    I'm 31 and no dice so far. :(

Aldo on
    edited February 2009
    Weak, dude. Should've played a hunter. :D

Triple B on
    edited February 2009
    Weak, dude. Should've played a hunter. :D
    http://thenoobcomic.com/index.php?pos=329 <3

Aldo on
    edited February 2009
    Heh. I love those types of comics, though this one doesn't entirely hold true here. Pull and DPS, maybe. But tanking and healing is the big squadoosh with hunters.

Edit: I will now attempt to play LOTRO while downing Miller High Life.

HIGH LIFE!

Triple B on
    edited February 2009
    yeah, its a gross exaggeration. lotro only soaks up a few kb/s, so you should be fine.

Aldo on
    edited February 2009
    I just won the kin's lottery. 4g50s get! Gonna buy a fancy house in Michel's Delving with it.

Aldo on
    edited February 2009
    Assuming you already have a horse. If you don't, then spend the money on that instead of a house. Way more useful.

Triple B on
  • Stevo 22Stevo 22 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Assuming you already have a horse. If you don't, then spend the money on that instead of a house. Way more useful.

You can't live in a horse!

Stevo 22 on
    "It's do or die." "Hey, I've died twice."
    edited February 2009
    I have money for a horse AND a house now. ;)

Aldo on
    edited February 2009
    I have money for a horse AND a house now. ;)

Spend it all on cheap beer!

Dedian on
    edited February 2009
    Stevo 22 wrote: »

You can't live in a horse!

Aye, but a horse should be a much higher priority. Getting around quickly > having a place to store shit you'll probably forget about anyway.

Edit: Also, log in, you bastards.

Triple B on
  • Simon MoonSimon Moon Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I hit 4.5g last night, and then remembered that I still had my 45 class quests to do. Now I'm back under 3g. Stupid drake scales.

Also, tanking while playing with hunters only works if they turn off strength stance. I figure if they feel entitled to run with that on, they can go ahead. Anything they pull off of me, they can have.

Simon Moon on
    Steam: simon moon
    edited February 2009
    I only ever use Precision stance, because I got tired of the game deciding I didn't really need to hit what I was trying to kill.

Also, ding 39, bitches.

Triple B on
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So curiosity got the better of me and I've got the 10 day trial. The atmosphere is amazing and I'm seriously considering picking this up, however I am going to wait for the trial to finish to see if it hold my interest.

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
    edited February 2009
    So curiosity got the better of me and I've got the 10 day trial. The atmosphere is amazing and I'm seriously considering picking this up, however I am going to wait for the trial to finish to see if it hold my interest.

Welcome to the party! Now go enjoy some of the scenery.

ScreenShot00021.jpg
    ScreenShot00017.jpg
    ScreenShot00003.jpg
    ScreenShot00005.jpg
    ScreenShot00001.jpg

Oddjob187 on
  • AllchuffedupAllchuffedup Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    nice screenshots

Allchuffedup on
    steam_sig.png
    allchuffedup#1671