As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Buck's Scat Droppings

BuckwolfeBuckwolfe Starts With Them, Ends With UsRegistered User regular
edited February 2007 in Artist's Corner
Well I haven't been posting too much art lately. Its mostly because I've been trying work on my anatomy, and waiting until I had something substantial to post. Figured I could use some refreshing here and there, so I've been hitting the anatomy books and sketching folks in the B&N cafe. Here's what I have so far. With any luck there'll be a larger quantity of higher quality studies to come.

Anatomy.jpg
Anatomy2.jpg
Anatomy3.jpg
Anatomy4.jpg
Anatomy5.jpg
Anatomy6.jpg
Anatomy7.jpg
Anatomy8.jpg
Anatomy9.jpg
BNSketches1.jpg
BNSketches2.jpg

Buckwolfe on

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Them er som priiitty artworks raht thar, mmhmmm.

I should do sketches like this. What book did you ref those pictures out of?

NightDragon on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I just came back from my first ever figure drawing class, I have to say, I'm pretty psyched about these anatomy drawings you posted. They're all sorts of rad.

Also, what's that piece of bread creeping out of the book bag?

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    BuckwolfeBuckwolfe Starts With Them, Ends With Us Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Them er som priiitty artworks raht thar, mmhmmm.

I should do sketches like this. What book did you ref those pictures out of?

Much obliged, ND. I've mostly been using Artistic Anatomy by Dr. Paul Richer, and looking through Loomis' stuff. I also just picked up Hogarth's Dynamic Figure Drawing.

I just came back from my first ever figure drawing class, I have to say, I'm pretty psyched about these anatomy drawings you posted. They're all sorts of rad.

Ooo, talk about good timing. Figure drawing classes can be all sorts of fun, so long as you don't get any shitty models. Boy, oh, boy. I could tell you some stories....

I'm not even sure what the hell that thing is. I was running out of stuff to draw so I just threw that thing in there.

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Okay, this whole dump terminology thing is starting to get out of hand.

Also, those are some really hot sketches. Seriously. The muscles on those arms are awesome. They're all getting saved.

Paul Richer and Hogarth, eh? Mayhap worth looking into.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Buckwolfe wrote:

Ooo, talk about good timing. Figure drawing classes can be all sorts of fun, so long as you don't get any shitty models. Boy, oh, boy. I could tell you some stories....

I'm not even sure what the hell that thing is. I was running out of stuff to draw so I just threw that moldy sourdough loaf in there.
    fix'd ;)

Prospicience on
  • Options
    TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Yes, these anatomy sketches are really good. And you've still managed to make them stylish looking. I am envious.

TheBog on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Finally, been waiting to post these...

Anatomy10.jpg
    Anatomy11.jpg
    Anatomy12.jpg
    Anatomy13.jpg
    Anatomy14.jpg
    Anatomy15.jpg

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Looks like your making some good progress. My only crit would be that they are looking pretty chunky overall. I think that the heads look too small, but it could be that the arms and legs are soo beefy that the head looks too small by comparison.

Nice studies though.

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Looks like your making some good progress. My only crit would be that they are looking pretty chunky overall. I think that the heads look too small, but it could be that the arms and legs are soo beefy that the head looks too small by comparison.

Nice studies though.

Awesome stuff buck, I was thinking the same thing as EWA on the heads though. But the only ones that I really noticed it on was the 4th page down.

Prospicience on
  • Options
    Darken RahlDarken Rahl Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    MASSIVE CAMEL TOE ALERT!!

Do you draw in the blue, then overdraw in normals?

Darken Rahl on
    imtoobigfrenbook.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    EWA and Prosp - I know what you mean. They heads are pretty small by comparison. Granted I was using athletes for references (because the average person doesn't make those kind of poses, and because they have more muscular definition) so smaller heads can be expected. Perhaps I over exaggerated the heads too much though...or underexaggerated them. Whatever makes more sense.

Darken Rahl - Yup, that's typically how its done.

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    lilchingch0nglilchingch0ng Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    very nice. its good seeing people doing anatomy studies, that stuff is so important it hurts. have you checked out "The Human Figure: and anatomy for artists" by David k. Rubins? if not, you should when you get the chance, it has muscular and skeletal breakdowns from front side and back for all the muscles groups. really great reference material.

lilchingch0ng on