As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini-Phalla] Phatal Phury - village wins!

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yes probably but I have no other way to vent my irritation!
    ..Fine.
    !JaysonFour for disagreeing with my rock-paper-scissors ideology.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    ...How do we know they're not evil??

jackisreal on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    jackisreal wrote: »
    ...How do we know they're not evil??

Standing up and making a spectacle is a good way to attract a seering. We don't know, but maybe we will later! Of course it's also a good way to get the mafia to kill you. So we could find out that way, too.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    BlueBlue for all those changes

M.D. on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I hear Mr. Defecation is evil.

Oh, and Micro, I thought we had something special! I didn't know you'd offer yourself to anyone who'd take you as soon as I turn my back. . .

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Kime is clearly playing as an old man with hearing problems

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Kime is clearly playing as an old man with hearing problems
    What?

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Sorry sir, i'll speak up next time.

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Sorry sir, i'll speak up next time.
    Blasted youngins and their durn disrespect!

Yeah I'm not good at this. . .

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    durn?

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Don't talk back to your elders like that!

M.D. on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Hylianbunny has dropped out, and has been replaced by Stick.

Burnage on
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yay, I might have a chance!

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    MicroMicro Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Does no one else have the balls to fight me? Seriously, considering I'm already fighting 4 battles, the chance of it getting to you - let alone me beating you, is incredibly small. I'm just a power 5 villager.

Micro on
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    One could say your chances for victory are microscopic.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    The part i'm not understanding is when the tag team battle winner is decided how do you pick who fights say a solo champion in the next bracket? 2 vs 1?

M.D. on
  • Options
    garroad_rangarroad_ran Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    The part i'm not understanding is when the tag team battle winner is decided how do you pick who fights say a solo champion in the next bracket? 2 vs 1?

This.

Also, why did the_reflection tell us not to vote for malkor? If there was a reason we shouldn't be voting malkor, shouldn't he be the one to tell us?

That being said, temporary placing my vote on !malkor and let's see what happens.

garroad_ran on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    2v1 fights can happen, but the tournament organisers will be doing their best to make things... fair.

Burnage on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So garroad_ran, time to step up.

I'll make it quick little boy.

Just remember I'm HARDCORE

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    Kay2Kay2 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Wait, what're you guys all voting for? I thought we were here to fight in a Tournament?

Oh, right. You think he's part of that Crime Syndicate I've been hearing about. Good enough reason, I guess. Unless someone shows me something better, !Malkor. Though I'm tempted to go for The_Reflection, too. His defense was a bit, uh, non-existant.

Kay2 on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Kay wrote: »
    Wait, what're you guys all voting for? I thought we were here to fight in a Tournament?
    Burnage wrote: »
    ARE YOU READY FOR THE FIRST KING OF PHALLAS TOURNAMENT?

logo.png

Each night, you will have to vote to remove a player who you think might be connected to Southtown’s crime syndicate. Vote in bolded red, like this; !vote. Retractions are not necessary.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    (My character was never known for his brains in the game, though.)

Kay2 on
  • Options
    garroad_rangarroad_ran Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Toxic, I'm not really seeing the benefits of accepting bare-knuckle challenges, to be honest. I kinda wanna take you up on it, but the way I see it there are three possible outcomes.

1. I lose the fight (bad!)
    2. I win the fight and knock out a villager (bad!)
    3. I win the fight and knock out a baddie (good!)

The odds of a fight resulting in a good outcome seem to be way less than 50/50.

garroad_ran on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    COWARDS

Micro on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    What if by battling in the streets with NO REGARDS FOR PERSONAL SAFETY, we gain in strength? It's possible.

Though I think we're more likely to gain in stupid.

Kay2 on
  • Options
    Andrew RyanAndrew Ryan Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Toxic, I'm not really seeing the benefits of accepting bare-knuckle challenges, to be honest. I kinda wanna take you up on it, but the way I see it there are three possible outcomes.

So chicken out of it little baby, go crying home to mommy so she can fix your pigtails and wash the mud out of your checked gingham dress.

Andrew Ryan on
    Mbt2W.gifbLHcF.gifMbt2W.gifbLHcF.gif
    naknaknaknaknak
  • Options
    edited February 2009

So chicken out of it little baby, go crying home to mommy so she can fix your pigtails and wash the mud out of your checked gingham dress.

I hope he turns out to be Terry Bogard, I really do.

Kay2 on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Micro wrote: »
    Does no one else have the balls to fight me? Seriously, considering I'm already fighting 4 battles, the chance of it getting to you - let alone me beating you, is incredibly small. I'm just a power 5 villager.

I thought all the fights happened at once.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Really? Wow.

I'm going to die about 15 times over.

Micro on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    By the way the cat is basically out of the bag so you might want to give some thought to epic revealing, malkor. Mafia loves and guards hate partially revealed specials.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    SticksSticks I'd rather be in bed.Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Also, fair warning to all; SNK boss syndrome might be in full effect for this phalla.

!Micro doesn't generally strike me as the suicidal type. Challenging everyone and continuing to insist that he is "just a villager" makes me think he's trying to get a bunch of people to attack him so he can KO them. I think its in the best interest of the village to have 1 or 2 people at most accept his challenge. He could very well be a boss and kick the shit out of the entire village tonight.

edit: helps to put his name in red

Sticks on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Sticks wrote: »
    Also, fair warning to all; SNK boss syndrome might be in full effect for this phalla.

Micro doesn't generally strike me as the suicidal type. Challenging everyone and continuing to insist that he is "just a villager" makes me think he's trying to get a bunch of people to attack him so he can KO them. I think its in the best interest of the village to have 1 or 2 people at most accept his challenge. He could very well be a boss and kick the shit out of the entire village tonight.

There is method to my madness - but that's not it.

If I'm not a villager, with Power 5 - I promise to retire from Phalla forever. Seriously. I'm just a silly little villager, with nothing going for me at all. No posting restriction, no special win condition (save wiping out the baddies, and trying to win the tournament).

I just want to fight.

Micro on
  • Options
    SticksSticks I'd rather be in bed.Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Micro wrote: »
    Sticks wrote: »

Micro doesn't generally strike me as the suicidal type. Challenging everyone and continuing to insist that he is "just a villager" makes me think he's trying to get a bunch of people to attack him so he can KO them. I think its in the best interest of the village to have 1 or 2 people at most accept his challenge. He could very well be a boss and kick the shit out of the entire village tonight.

There is method to my madness - but that's not it.

If I'm not a villager, with Power 5 - I promise to retire from Phalla forever. Seriously. I'm just a silly little villager, with nothing going for me at all. No posting restriction, no special win condition (save wiping out the baddies, and trying to win the tournament).

I just want to fight.

Even if this is true, we don't know that fights aren't resolved simultaneously....so you could still wipe out half the village in one night. And if there is a boss present, that doesn't leave us in a very good position.

Sticks on
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Meh, no idea who to vote for, I'll follow the Micro wagon since he seams somewhat quasi dangerous and hasn't made anyreason known not to vote for him. If he was a good special, he would let us know. Either he is evil, or just stupid.

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Meh, no idea who to vote for, I'll follow the Microwagon since he seams somewhat quasi dangerous and hasn't made anyreason known not to vote for him. If he was a good special, he would let us know. Either he is evil, or just stupid.

The reason not to vote for him is he's a villager who is very likely going to die anyway. If he doesn't die and kills all his opponents, he's sure to eat the vote next turn.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    Meh, no idea who to vote for, I'll follow the Microwagon since he seams somewhat quasi dangerous and hasn't made anyreason known not to vote for him. If he was a good special, he would let us know. Either he is evil, or just stupid.

The reason not to vote for him is he's a villager who is very likely going to die anyway. If he doesn't die and kills all his opponents, he's sure to eat the vote next turn.

That's not bad reasoning, except for the fact that you don't know how much damage he can do in this one turn of lots of challenges. I think he's probably just a normal villager who wanted to fight people, and I'm probably not going to vote for him, but that doesn't change the fact that it's risky not to do so. Maybe he eats the people he beats in combat so becomes immortal for a day or something (OK that would be pretty awesome, not going to lie, and although it's obviously not going to happen in this scenario the point stands that it's not a simple "oh we can vote him out tomorrow, no worries!"). Not to mention he may actually beat all those people fairly, and then we'll waste a day voting for him when he is, in fact, a regular villager still.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Well, I'm no coward, I'll Accept the Challenges from both Maximus and Micro.

And heck, I'll vote for Malkor. Villains beware, if your name starts with M, I'm coming for you!

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    FUCK IT THIS IS GOING DOWN BADLY ALREADY.

GUESS WHAT TIME IT IS?

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    FUCK IT THIS IS GOING DOWN BADLY ALREADY.

GUESS WHAT TIME IT IS?

EPIC, EPIC REVEAL!!!!

Micro on
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    And im not waiting for you bitches

Its epic reveal time
    Me and Malkor are the Masons

I'm Kim Jae Hoon and he's Kim Dong Hwan. I ask for everyone to take their votes off of Malkor and myself and for one of us to get a guard, Undeniably one of us will probably die tonight, so after one of us is revealed to be good, I ask all good specials to contact the one that's left.

The_Reflection on