As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Official AC Penny Arcade Fanart Contest!

• Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    is that a sepia look you're going for there, fireman? because i ... oh crap i just got a good idea.

well hell. i've already started a different entry.

i hate you fireman.

mully on
  • Options
    .Tripwire..Tripwire. Firman Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    sepia is a pokémon, right?

.Tripwire. on
    sigi_moe.pngsigi_deviantart.pngsigi_twitter.pngsigi_steam.pngsigi_tumblr.png
  • Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    nothing, what's a motto with you?

mully on
  • Options
    Pinky_PowersPinky_Powers Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Art directors are going to be equally impressed by your "12 year old with a warez copy of Photoshop and a DA account" signature and the following explanation that you have a habit of not changing things purely out of spite.

:^: for professionalism on both accounts there.

You bastard! I don't have a Deviant Art account!

Ok, I might. I think I may have signed up for one like eight years ago, but I gave up on that pestilential place within something like 2 minutes. The servers... they were always just so slow.

On a more serious note, I don't have a habit of refusing to change things, I have worked on much over the years based on the help you people have given me. I certainly don't fucking come here for praise of my artistic abilities. I have other places for that. ;) This is the place I come when I need honest critique.

There's just this one thing I reserve the right to ignore, and this makes some of you furious. And I get joy from that.

Pinky_Powers on
    -~ÿ~-Pinky-~ÿ~-
    Beer is the perfect lubricant for twisted and vile animal gibberish. I use it myself when the times are ripe and my need great.
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    at least change the link to something that works.

Brolo on
  • Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    .Tripwire. wrote: »
    Here is a picture of a horse penis:
    001_expanded.jpg

Is that carrot cake soup in there? Good show sir.

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited February 2009
    There's just this one thing I reserve the right to ignore, and this makes some of you furious. And I get joy from that.

Did you also ignore your mother when she told you not to wear your Spiderman pajamas to job interviews?

EDIT: If you bother replying to this, make it in the Chat thread so this thread stays on topic.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited February 2009
    Art directors are going to be equally impressed by your "12 year old with a warez copy of Photoshop and a DA account" signature and the following explanation that you have a habit of not changing things purely out of spite.

:^: for professionalism on both accounts there.

You bastard! I don't have a Deviant Art account!

Ok, I might. I think I may have signed up for one like eight years ago, but I gave up on that pestilential place within something like 2 minutes. The servers... they were always just so slow.

On a more serious note, I don't have a habit of refusing to change things, I have worked on much over the years based on the help you people have given me. I certainly don't fucking come here for praise of my artistic abilities. I have other places for that. ;) This is the place I come when I need honest critique.

I think it looks fine, I just think you should stop being a turd. No one is crying about it, people are just suggesting something that would make your art better and you're being a petulant child about it. I don't see it as any different from anyone else childishly sulking at criticism.

Still though good picture.

Tube on
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I've had an idea, but I don't think my camera is good enough to take the right resoltuion picture. Could I just send it?

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited February 2009
    The issue with sending physical media is that we're in the middle of an office move right now, so it has a very good chance go getting lost in the shuffle. Are there any other forumers out there that can assist?

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited February 2009
    There's some photo dudes here on the forum in the UK that might be able to help if they have a high enough megapixel camera and a good setup for proper lighting. I figure a minimum 12mp camera would be needed.

bombardier on
  • Options
    LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    LPM - I've got a decent DSLR here. I'd be happy to receive/photog your work. :D

...I can even hold onto the original until Child's Play rolls around again. ^_^

Now I need to start on my own piece. NO CLUE where to begin.

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Options
    Jake!Jake! Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I've had an idea, but I don't think my camera is good enough to take the right resoltuion picture. Could I just send it?

As I happen to think Oxfam is awesome, I'd be happy to take a photo of your artwork for the competition, lit with studio lighting, in the UK.

Jake! on
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Whohoo! I'd better speed up!

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I finally settled on a basic idea. What do you guys think?

15r19w8.jpg

Tam on
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Fuck you Tam! My idea sucks in comparison, now I have to come up with another idea.

Mustang on
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Tam that reminds me of a Dragonball color spread, mainly because of Gabe's eyes.

Godfather on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'm getting that too, but for me it's more about the shape of Gabe's mouth.

Tam on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Awesome sketch Tam, can't wait to see it coloured!

Pinky_Powers on
    -~ÿ~-Pinky-~ÿ~-
    Beer is the perfect lubricant for twisted and vile animal gibberish. I use it myself when the times are ripe and my need great.
  • Options
    SaigaSaiga Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Wow, all of the art posted has been amazing.

I have to say that Tam's has been my favorite so far, though I am totally blown away by basically everything posted so far.

Saiga on
    28je138.png
  • Options
    halkunhalkun Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'm confused... No 3D? So that means renderings are out?

halkun on
  • Options
    the_monarch23the_monarch23 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Preliminary lineart of my submission. I thought Tycho should have his Harry Potter wand because I thought the youtube comic was hilarious...
    Tycho: "I better get this off here before someone sees it!"
    6 BILLION views! HAHAHA

Pennyarcadecopy.jpg

edit: Does Gabe look like he's holding a broken cardboard tube? That's what I was going for.

the_monarch23 on
    "Gott in himmel! Fritz, vee haff named our car after ein lady-garten."
    ~Jeremy Clarkson
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Does Gabe look like he's holding a broken cardboard tube? That's what I was going for.

Yeah, I think the tube is recognizable, but the wand is not. I couldn't for the life of me figure out what it was until I read your explanation.

Pinky_Powers on
    -~ÿ~-Pinky-~ÿ~-
  • Options
    the_monarch23the_monarch23 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Does Gabe look like he's holding a broken cardboard tube? That's what I was going for.

Yeah, I think the tube is recognizable, but the wand is not. I couldn't for the life of me figure out what it was until I read your explanation.

Yeah, I half-assed the wand first time around just to get placement, I am doing the final lineart right now, and I have hopefully increased the recognizability-ness of the wand.

the_monarch23 on
    "Gott in himmel! Fritz, vee haff named our car after ein lady-garten."
    ~Jeremy Clarkson
  • Options
    AaronAaron Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'll post this in the original post as well, but this is for the Penny Arcade Anniversary Book, and we're compiling a ton of really cool stuff into it, and we figured it would be great to have a piece of Fan Art in there as well. This is for you guys only.

Also, I won't be doing the judging.

THEY will.

Maybe I missed it going through the responses on this thread but what guarantee is there that these submissions will be viewed and judged by Jerry and Mike, and more importantly, that the winning submission will be published?

Aaron on
  • Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    um...because it's robert khoo?
    do you know who he is?

beavotron on
  • Options
    IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Aaron wrote: »
    I'll post this in the original post as well, but this is for the Penny Arcade Anniversary Book, and we're compiling a ton of really cool stuff into it, and we figured it would be great to have a piece of Fan Art in there as well. This is for you guys only.

THEY will.

Maybe I missed it going through the responses on this thread but what guarantee is there that these submissions will be viewed and judged by Jerry and Mike, and more importantly, that the winning submission will be published?

Because it's official and Khoo said so and also your face

Ivar on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

THEY will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viPWb3ieH6o

NotASenator on
  • Options
    BetelgeuseBetelgeuse Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I don't trust this "Khoo" character

Betelgeuse on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Yeah, I half-assed the wand first time around just to get placement, I am doing the final lineart right now, and I have hopefully increased the recognizability-ness of the wand.

Maybe if Tycho was wearing his Gryffindor scarf?

20051116h.jpg

KalTorak on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    beavotron wrote: »
    do you know who he is?

It doesn't matter who he is; people get ripped off all the time by the most "trustworthy" people.

Aaron on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I'm not sure what sort of "guarantee" you're looking for. Do you want a signed and notarized letter of promise from all the PA dudes?

Betelgeuse on
  • Options
    FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I don't know if I trust these "PA" guys. I mean, who's to say there will even be a book?

This whole "Penny Arcade" thing could easily be a scam

Fugitive on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    NotACrook wrote: »

THEY will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viPWb3ieH6o

Can't argue with that. Or can I?

No, probably not.

Aaron on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    The whole thing smells like a fly-by-night operation if you ask me!

Betelgeuse on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    do you know who he is?

It doesn't matter who he is; people get ripped off all the time by the most "trustworthy" people.

Well, Robert Khoo is the Director of Business Development for Penny-Arcade, he is an admin on the forums, another admin posted an announcement across the forums about this and a moderator of this particular sub-forum started this very thread.

Could you be more specific in what sort of verification you need?

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Guys just be careful, the Pennies Arcade will steal all your awesome entries and use them to make millions of dollars and won't give you any credit.

Betelgeuse on
  • Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited February 2009
    do you know who he is?

Because I pinky-swear.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I knew this whole operation was too good to be true!! They've been planning this score from the beginning, ten years ago!

KalTorak on
  • Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    khoo's just trying to get freebie art from us
    khoo, how the hell do you sleep at night?
    on a bed of broken promises, i imagine.

beavotron on
This discussion has been closed.