As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini-Phalla] Phatal Phury - village wins!

• Options
    MicroMicro Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    !retract Malkor

Micro on
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    hmm... sounds fair enough, Go Go RNG - Stick

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    Kay2Kay2 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    !retract Malkor

That makes sense! Sorry that we're most likely going to lose one of you.

Kay2 on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    ffffffffffff

I was gonna do it bro, I just wanted to wait for a more epic time.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    SticksSticks I'd rather be in bed.Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    TehSloth wrote: »
    hmm... sounds fair enough, Go Go RNG - Stick

You RNGed and got me? I think you are using the wrong list sir. Try mine:
    1) TehSloth
    2) TehSloth
    3) TehSloth
    4) TehSloth
    5) TehSloth
    6) TehSloth
    7) TehSloth
    8) TehSloth
    9) TehSloth
    10) TehSloth
    11) TehSloth
    12) TehSloth
    13) TehSloth
    14) TehSloth
    15) TehSloth
    16) TehSloth
    17) TehSloth
    18) TehSloth
    19) TehSloth
    20) TehSloth
    21) TehSloth
    22) TehSloth
    23) TehSloth
    24) TehSloth
    25) TehSloth
    26) TehSloth

edit: also its Sticks. Quit butchering my handle peeps.

Sticks on
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    kime wrote: »
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    Meh, no idea who to vote for, I'll follow the Microwagon since he seams somewhat quasi dangerous and hasn't made anyreason known not to vote for him. If he was a good special, he would let us know. Either he is evil, or just stupid.

The reason not to vote for him is he's a villager who is very likely going to die anyway. If he doesn't die and kills all his opponents, he's sure to eat the vote next turn.

That's not bad reasoning, except for the fact that you don't know how much damage he can do in this one turn of lots of challenges. I think he's probably just a normal villager who wanted to fight people, and I'm probably not going to vote for him, but that doesn't change the fact that it's risky not to do so. Maybe he eats the people he beats in combat so becomes immortal for a day or something (OK that would be pretty awesome, not going to lie, and although it's obviously not going to happen in this scenario the point stands that it's not a simple "oh we can vote him out tomorrow, no worries!"). Not to mention he may actually beat all those people fairly, and then we'll waste a day voting for him when he is, in fact, a regular villager still.

Not bad reasoning except for what if his power is vote immunity after this turn. I think I can live with that.

As far as defeating all challengers, yeah it could happen, but he will get voted out, lucky villager or not. Doesn't mean that just because we might waste our time on round two we should waste it round one.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    SticksSticks I'd rather be in bed.Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Meh, no idea who to vote for, I'll follow the Microwagon since he seams somewhat quasi dangerous and hasn't made anyreason known not to vote for him. If he was a good special, he would let us know. Either he is evil, or just stupid.

The reason not to vote for him is he's a villager who is very likely going to die anyway. If he doesn't die and kills all his opponents, he's sure to eat the vote next turn.

That's not bad reasoning, except for the fact that you don't know how much damage he can do in this one turn of lots of challenges. I think he's probably just a normal villager who wanted to fight people, and I'm probably not going to vote for him, but that doesn't change the fact that it's risky not to do so. Maybe he eats the people he beats in combat so becomes immortal for a day or something (OK that would be pretty awesome, not going to lie, and although it's obviously not going to happen in this scenario the point stands that it's not a simple "oh we can vote him out tomorrow, no worries!"). Not to mention he may actually beat all those people fairly, and then we'll waste a day voting for him when he is, in fact, a regular villager still.

Not bad reasoning except for what if his power is vote immunity after this turn. I think I can live with that.

As far as defeating all challengers, yeah it could happen, but he will get voted out, lucky villager or not. Doesn't mean that just because we might waste our time on round two we should waste it round one.

Round one votes < Round two votes < Round X, X > 2 votes. Things get more important the farther in we are.

Sticks on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Sticks wrote: »

Round one votes < Round two votes < Round X, X > 2 votes. Things get more important the farther in we are.

I think this needs to be tempered by the odds of the vote being a waste - micro is a villager and wins all his rps fights. It is low odds!

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I still think all of our problems will be solved by voting Mr. D. Just, you know, in case anyone was wondering.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Well he voted for me for changing my vote off a mason so there's that.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Malkor wrote: »
    ffffffffffff

eh, if anything this is good for the village. Unless both of us can be guarded one of us will die tonight, but that will make the other one an instant network head.

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    Kay2Kay2 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    What was that about !Mr Defecation being evil, again?

Kay2 on
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Malkor wrote: »
    ffffffffffff

eh, if anything this is good for the village. Unless both of us can be guarded one of us will die tonight, but that will make the other one an instant network head.

Unless one of you is an evil mason.... it's happened before. I kinda doubt something that ridiculous will have found it's way into this game though, so I'll trust you. I'd also like to apologize to Sticks for butchering his name, that was pretty shameful of me. I've even found it in my heart to forgive him for his random chance of being evil and retract off of him. I'll go with Kime's insistence that Mr. Defecationis a bad dood, Kime is never evil.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    !Retract Malkor

!Mr.Defecation

Until I think of something better.

Crime Syndicate! Be less elusive!

Kind of sucks that the masons were revealed against their will, but ultimately isn't reveal/confirmation their only goal anyways? This way we get a network going nice and early.

If, say, The Reflection dies tonight, he'll hopefully show up good. And we'll have an automatic network head in Malkor.

jackisreal on
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So, do any of you have any thoughts for yourselves?

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Oh man I totally have lots! Like: "if tr dies and shows up evil we've got problems"

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Problems? I'm thinking we've got a second confirmed baddie, that's usually good news.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    wow out of nowhere, i'm not evil.

My mother was killed by my father and i'm out to kill him.

So yea either kime is playing you all or you guys are the worst village ever.

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    How about you go with the dude who wanted to vote for malkor even after someone said not to for certain reasons.

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    wow out of nowhere, i'm not evil.

My mother was killed by my father and i'm out to kill him.

So yea either kime is playing you all or you guys are the worst village ever.

Option two?

Really, don't listen to me, I'm just making stuff up :|. It's day one, of course I don't know if Mr. D (or anyone, for that matter) is evil.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Mr. Defication

also whoever the guard is, you should guard me and then malkor can die, come up good and I can be the network head?

Why? cause I called dibs :)

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    hmmm

!clarification if an opponent doesn't send in a move list who wins the bout?

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Mr. Defication

also whoever the guard is, you should guard me and then malkor can die, come up good and I can be the network head?

Why? cause I called dibs :)

*sigh*

EDIT: Where's Spectre when you need him?

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    garroad_ran Because he wanted to see what would happen even after T_R said not to vote for him.

M.D. on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    hmmm

!clarification if an opponent doesn't send in a move list who wins the bout?

The person who did send in a moves list.

Burnage on
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I will retract !Micro and allow his own folly to be his ending.

And to answer !crimsoncoyote's question, yes, I am more than capable of thinking for myself.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • Options
    MaximusMaximus Engineer of the Harbinger Engine RoomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I think we can trust Malkor soooo, lets go with Mr. D tonight.

Maximus on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Awww :(, I'm sorry Mr. D. I think I've caused your death. Oh well! Since you're evil, it's not a big loss :P.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Yep since i'm evil i'm going to kill kime as my evil kill for the night.

M.D. on
  • Options
    FrostMistFrostMist NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    !micro - let's do this!

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Problems? I'm thinking we've got a second confirmed baddie, that's usually good news.

Yeah but then the curtain would be unveiled, revealing a much more complicated game than I'm assuming. Unless a vig does it.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    May I point out i'm not a confirmed bad guy so using terms like second confirmed bad guy and not voting for a first confirmed bad guy is stupid and I hate the village for it.

M.D. on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    May I point out i'm not a confirmed bad guy so using terms like second confirmed bad guy and not voting for a first confirmed bad guy is stupid and I hate the village for it.

Did I miss something? Who is the 1st confirmed bad guy?

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Toxic Toys wrote: »

The_Reflection and Malkor would be pretty much confirmed bad guys if one of them shows up bad in the narration.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    If tr died evil malkor would be the second.

Damnit

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    My character may be a loner and dislikes everyone exept for one girl but it doesnt make me evil

M.D. on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    It's what you want to do with the girl after that has us all worried Mr. D.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    the wiki just says i'm nicer when shes around sicko

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

The_Reflection and Malkor would be pretty much confirmed bad guys if one of them shows up bad in the narration.

Assuming that would be retarded. Why would T_R come out and vouch for Malkor, say they are masons, etc. if they were both evil? If one dies bad, it condemns the other. No evil guy would attempt to kill them for 2 reasons: (1) there is a higher than normal chance that either one is guarded and, most importantly, (2) if one dies good, then BAM insta-network.

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    garroad_rangarroad_ran Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Assuming that would be retarded. Why would T_R come out and vouch for Malkor, say they are masons, etc. if they were both evil? If one dies bad, it condemns the other. No evil guy would attempt to kill them for 2 reasons: (1) there is a higher than normal chance that either one is guarded and, most importantly, (2) if one dies good, then BAM insta-network.

I'm glad someone said this.

garroad_ran on