As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

OOC me amadeus (Legend of the five rings)

• Canada_jezusCanada_jezus Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Choose your own distance to the mayor, who is on his steps, closer than 20 yards would be pusing it i think.. Its assumed they weren't looking out for anyone and the guards are just routine.

Its a street with houses on each side, so plenty of cover for whatever you need. The mayor the dragon and anyone else on the steps, has the high ground, it does not count as uneven terrain however so don't worry about that.

Canada_jezus on
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    20 yards for me!

El Skid on
  • ValkunValkun Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Right behind my little buddy.

Valkun on
    edited February 2009
    I think thats combat in turn one distance in any case, but it seems a believable distance which was the main thing i was worried about.

Canada_jezus on
    edited February 2009
    Yeah you've definitly had enough time to study. You don't need to be anywhere specific, the plan right now is to isolate you with the mayor, ie go directly to skirmish. If that doesn't work; then its battle tiemz.

Canada_jezus on
    edited February 2009
    Will we be waiting for Tangen before the shenanigans begin?

Valkun on
    edited February 2009
    Ah hmm, i think we can proceed. We'll wait a bit after first combat turn and all. That way he can join in, but i don't know if you lads are planning any back and forth with the mayor.

Canada_jezus on
  • TangenTangen Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'm ready.

Tangen on
    edited February 2009
    If we're all online, maybe we can take the fight to IRC?

Valkun on
    edited February 2009
    Ah cool, just a note though guys i need to sleep soon, i can do a big combat update in about ten hours

Canada_jezus on
    edited February 2009
    Sleepless update: Don't worry about the combat going quick or not, in L5R it goes very fast indeed.

Canada_jezus on
    edited February 2009
    We can do combat PbP style!

I'm sure it won't take too long...

El Skid on
    edited February 2009
    Do you guys want kenji and his monk attendant to join in on the attack, it might be a good idea but it might end terribad.

Canada_jezus on
    edited February 2009
    No reason the monk can't be in attendance. Having Kenji there....would be potentially problematical for his Yojimbo that have no defensive skills to defend him with.

If he insists, it's not like we can say no. If he is asking our opinion, then maybe he's best off watching from a distance. Because....err....his predecessor should totally be allowed to get his honour back for failing the last time.

Yeah, that's it!

El Skid on
    edited February 2009
    Dragon's initiative http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1939916/ 36 tn to be hit:35 (spend void)

Mayor's ini : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1939917/ 17 TN to hit: 15: no armor you see

I'll update later tonight, kind of swamped but i wanted to get this out of the way.

Canada_jezus on
    edited February 2009
    Initiative: [strike]3[/strike]4k2[strike]+3[/strike]=16 here. TN to be hit is 10+3+3=[strike]16[/strike]. Going to boost that to 26, because I'd like to live a round (spend a void).

Note I added 3 to initiative on the IC initiative roll, and I should not have. I also forgot my quick advantage, so I rolled an extra die to make it 4k2, but it rolled a 5, so has no effect on things. Sigh. The initiative total is now correct though.

El Skid on
    edited February 2009
    That's it. There was some confusion originally thinking it was keep insight, but I've verified on the official boards it's reflexes you keep.

El Skid on
    edited February 2009
    TN to be hit is (5 x Reflexes) + Armour + techniques (if applicable).

As an FYI, Defensive stance allows you to add an agility/defence roll to your TN to be hit until your next action, but doesn't allow you to attack or move. You can also add 10 to your TN to be hit for an entire round of initiative by spending a void.

El Skid on
    edited February 2009
    A Matsu in the full attack posture?

Inconceivable! :P

El Skid on
    edited February 2009
    Intiative: 22
    TN to be Hit: 5x2+Ashigaru (3) + 2 (Stealth added by Hiruma Scout Rank 1)=15

Going to go Full Defense, if Jezus is nice enough, I'd like to have been in Full Defense before combat started since we initiated it. 4k2=14 Giving me 29 TN to be Hit. Since I have Insight Rank 1, I'm going to declare the Yojimbo to be the person I'm defending against. Also, because of Dance the Razor's Edge, I can make my full movement while in Full Defense and I'll be rushing towards the lord Mayor trying to get the Yojimbo's attention.

Valkun on
    edited February 2009
    If possible, I'll try to move around behind them to cut off any escape attempts.

Valkun on
    edited February 2009
    So we're waiting for Tangen's initiative, then?

El Skid on
    edited February 2009
    Crap, I thought we were waiting for Jesus. My bad.

2d10.open(10).takeHighest(1)=6

Tangen on
    edited February 2009
    Tangen wrote: »
    Crap, I thought we were waiting for Jesus. My bad.

2d10.open(10).takeHighest(1)=6

2k1? That doesn't sound right for initiative.

Reflexes + Insight, keep Reflexes. I think all of us probably have 1 Insight rank.

Valkun on
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, Kitsuki Rei would have 2(ref)+1(insight) = 3k2 (ref).

Recommend just rerolling, since there's no way to tell what the second die was, and you're keeping another one.

El Skid on
    edited February 2009
    Sorry for the delay everyone, i got caught up in stuff yesterday and the day before. But i'll be back on post soon.

Canada_jezus on
    edited February 2009
    Tangen on
    edited February 2009
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Initiative for the fight with the Mayor. (3d6.open(6).takeHighest(2)=10) Wow, that was below average.

TN to be hit is 10 + Reflexes + armor? Mine's 17, I guess.

DOH. I just caught this.

JDark- Your roll was quite a bit above average. Because you were rolling D6s instead of D10s. :P

Highly recommend 3d10.open(10) etc...

El Skid on
    edited February 2009
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Is there any sort of "delay" action I could do, so that I go at the start of a round instead of at the end?

I don't think this is possible, honestly. If you're able to raise your initiative like this, then someone entering combat is at a disadvantage- they end up going after the slow people on their first round of combat instead of before... And you're having no effect on the initiative order of people currently in the combat, so it would seem superfluous.

El Skid on
    edited February 2009
    You rolled less on D10s than on D6s, where neither rolls open ended???

And *I* suck?!

:P

El Skid on
    edited February 2009
    lrn2rolldice :P

As for delaying...would you get to go again during that same round if you delayed?

ie you delay on initiative 10, until the next round, and go at initiative 40 in round 2. Do you get to go again at initiative 10 on round 2?

If so, that'd be kind of broken....Full Attack posture gives you huge bonuses in exchange for being easier to hit on your next action. If you could delay till initiative 11, go on full attack, and then go again on initiative 10 and go out of full attack posture, you'd be essentially negating the downside of full attack.

Heck, you'd be able to go go: Round 1: full defence. Round 2- nada (still under full defence until you take your action), round 3- full attack, next tick full defence.... Bleh.

El Skid on
    edited February 2009
    Sorry again for the delay i'm going to work on the update right right now. Edit: i'll have the yojimbo attack valkun and the mayor is attacking his son, the rest of you can then update to your hearts content.

attack roll on oda http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1947056/ a 30
    damage roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1947059/

Attack roll on sojuro http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1947066/ a hit
    Damage roll http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1947070/ 14 pretty meh.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1947060/ sojuro's initiative. tn is 10
    senzo initiative http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1947073/ tn 15

Canada_jezus on
    edited February 2009
    Otomo Masashi will attack the mayor. Calling 4 raises, using 2 free raises from Bishamon's blessing for +10 bonus. TN is now 35.

6k3+16 =36 Hit by 1!
    Damage: 7k4 = 29 forgot the +3 for my technique so 32 total.

El Skid on
    edited February 2009
    Suggestion for Oda- 22 damage is alot- you might want to consider spending a void point to reduce the damage by 10.

El Skid on
    edited February 2009
    Dragon's initiative http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1939916/ 36 tn to be hit:35 (spend void)

Mayor's ini : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1939917/ 17 TN to hit: 15: no armor you see

I'll update later tonight, kind of swamped but i wanted to get this out of the way.

TNs are here.

El Skid on
    edited February 2009
    I believe so. Valkun/Oda is in defensive stance, so he's not allowed to make an attack. You go girl!

El Skid on
    edited February 2009
    Nah just post if you want to, i'll puzzle things into the proper order if need be.

Canada_jezus on
    edited February 2009
    I suppose technically we would all have had to Iai draw in order to attack on the first turn, now that you mention it. My last character auto-succeeded, so I guess I sort of ignored that step. What is the roll to Iai draw? Agility/Iaijitsu TN 15?

El Skid on
    edited February 2009
    I think they mean any other action besides attacking which seems to be its own category of action.

So i'm guessing you need to do the iaijutsu thing, you have that skill right? I think you'll be ok. If it makes things simpler feel free to assume you had drawn it before the fight after all.

edit: I was assuming you had all drawn your weapons to avoid the skill check.

Canada_jezus on
    edited February 2009
    We can assume drawn weapons, sure. I'll be sure to be more specific about it next time.

El Skid on