As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EVE] Lucky Hit PA ISK Lottery (50,300,000)

MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
edited February 2007 in MMO Extravaganza
Pot count: 50,300,000

POST YOUR TICKET RECEIPTS HERE

Lucky Hit
(PA ISK Lottery, shenmue reference because I'm a faggot)

So here's the deal. I'm setting up an isk lottery for EVE players on this forum because Goumin and I were talking about the BIG Lottery like 2 months ago and there's way too many douchebags buying tickets with them for anyone cool to ever win.

It's going to work like this.

You will buy tickets at 500,000 isk a piece. This is the cost of a frigate. There is no ticket maximum, but any amount sent that isn't in a multiple of 500,000 isk is just going to get added to the pot and not count toward your tickets. So if you send me 5 million, that's 10 (ten) tickets. If you send me 5.25 mil, it's still ten. Each ticket will be a number which will then be run through a simple random number generator (probably using C++ srand() and rand(), unless I find something better. I'll post the number generator source code before I run it in case anyone is interested)

I'm starting it out with a 50 million isk pot just to get things rolling.

I will be adding a second and third place prize if the pot is big enough to split, but it's going to be split 10%, 15% and 75%. I want the first place prize to be big, but it doesn't hurt to get your investment back if you're close.

Instructions:

Send isk in multiples of 500k to Mrs Orange. She is an alt of mine that has no money in her wallet and is trustworthy, because she's mine and that little mod thing over there means I'm not going to rip you off since Tube wouldn't be very happy. I will divide every transaction that enters her wallet into your ticket amount. After you send her the isk, post in this forum thread letting me know what character you sent isk from. I don't want people sending tons of isk with their alts because it makes it look shady, even though there's no ticket restriction anyway. If you don't want me knowing what corp youre in or something, send it from an alt, but let me know it's from your alt.

There is no corp, join date, character age, or post restriction. It's open to anyone who posts here, because it's the first time we've done this around here so we might as well try to make it a decent pot. If some billionaire capital ship pilot wins, great, I hope he puts it to good use (like donating to the next lottery if this is a success). If a 3 day old newbie wins, even better. That's why it's only 500k, to make it accessible to everyone.

edit: Oh, by the way, I'm not taking a cut of this. I'm just bored and have a lot of isk floating around so I figured it'd be kind of fun.

edit edit: I completely forgot, drawing will be on 2/12, next Monday, at 7pm CST.

Monoxide on

• MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2007
    Here's the initial pot.

lottery.gif

(zaffm being my alt)

Monoxide on
  • StormyWatersStormyWaters Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I might have missed it, but what's the cutoff time for this?

StormyWaters on
    edited February 2007
    The time of the drawing. So, Monday 2/12 at 7pm CST.

Since I've had a few people ask, 50 million isn't much and I can't even fucking undock without horrendous lag for a majority of the day on my campus connection, so I'd rather toss it into this than buy more ships that I'm not going to use.

Also, all tickets bought are added to the pot, there's no profit for me out of this. I'm not buying tickets myself so I'm basically donating 50 mil to whoever wins. Seemed like a better idea than another battleship that's just going to sit around until their insurance lapse or putting it towards more unnecessarily expensive shit for my Hulk.

Monoxide on
  • RolfusRolfus Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    500k sent. Rolfus.

Rolfus on
    edited February 2007
    Pot is now 50,505,000.

we;lp

Monoxide on
  • BlutrasereiBlutraserei Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    2,500,000 ISK sent *needs monies so bad...*

Niobe Turantulov

Blutraserei on
    Tttnl.jpg

edited February 2007
    I called this off because of the forums being down. All isk was refunded.

I'll do it again sometime, maybe people will actually participate.

Monoxide on
  • Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Man... my trial is running out. And while I am having fun... I don't know if I'm having 15 dollars a month fun.

Bendery It Like Beckham on