As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mini-Phalla] Phatal Phury - village wins!

• SticksSticks I'd rather be in bed.Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Thats a good point about vote gathering. Unfortunately with an outed network head, people are just as likely to blindly follow him. I'm sticking with Maximus for now, but if we decide to vig him instead, EB needs to let us know.

Sticks on
  • Kay2Kay2 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Malkor wrote: »
    Kay wrote: »
    I hope that each time we beat him we're not inadvertantly making him like, more powerful than ever before or something.

That would suck.

No. We probably are.

I'm guessing there's someone else who has a second version of themself or whatever. They just need to show up at the right time.

Like Kaede from the Last Blade. <3

My roomie wrote Kaede fanfic once.

I will never let him forget.

Point, though. And woo, Andy and Terry fulfilled their secondary objective. I wonder how(if?) that improves their abilities?

Oh yeah and also, I just realised where my feeling of 'something is weird in this PA Phalla games' comes from. Every time I've played a Mafia game, the first thing that happens is everyone sleeps, specials act, Mafia kill someone, villagers wake up, THEN vote. But that would make it not fun for the person(s) that die(s) before being able to do anything. (Face to Face Mafia games don't last that long.)

Kay2 on
    edited February 2009
    I hope that each time we beat him we're not inadvertantly making him like, more powerful than ever before or something.

That would suck.

No. We probably are.

I'm guessing there's someone else who has a second version of themself or whatever. They just need to show up at the right time.

Point, though. And woo, Andy and Terry fulfilled their secondary objective. I wonder how(if?) that improves their abilities?

Oh yeah and also, I just realised where my feeling of 'something is weird in this PA Phalla games' comes from. Every time I've played a Mafia game, the first thing that happens is everyone sleeps, specials act, Mafia kill someone, villagers wake up, THEN vote. But that would make it not fun for the person(s) that die(s) before being able to do anything. (Face to Face Mafia games don't last that long.)

I've only played mafia a couple of times, but we always voted the first evening before anyone got killed.

Sticks on
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Sticks wrote: »

That would suck.

No. We probably are.

I've only played mafia a couple of times, but we always voted the first evening before anyone got killed.

Yeah, I think both ways are pretty common. Usually I switch it up to compensate for for differences between the actual village to mafia ratio and what I think is most balanced. I usually have the village go first, since I tend to pretty much always go with more mafia

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Thats a good point about vote gathering. Unfortunately with an outed network head, people are just as likely to blindly follow him.

Don't we have to do this, in order to avoid voting for a special?

jackisreal on
  • abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Sticks was just saying that because of that, not voting for Maximus will get us as little data to examine as voting for him does. It goes without saying that we would want to follow the network's lead in the absence of having an outed badguy to vote for.

abotkin on
    steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
  • Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Someone mentioned about clues in the text, one person beat with sticks, the other with pool cue, this is just reference to Kane, the person at the end of the tournament..

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
    edited February 2009
    It could at least give us some insight as to which characters the baddies are playing as!

Kay2 on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So. . .. Maximus in first, and JaysonFour in second?

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    edited February 2009
    Someone mentioned about clues in the text, one person beat with sticks, the other with pool cue, this is just reference to Kane, the person at the end of the tournament..

Good to know. When I first read it I thought someone picked me up and used me as a weapon to bludgeon poor tommy2hands to death...

Sticks on
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009

Good to know. When I first read it I thought someone picked me up and used me as a weapon to bludgeon poor tommy2hands to death...

This sounds way more awesome... that's what I'm going to assume is going on.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'm voting for !Maximus again.

Hopefully we get rid of him this time.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • FrostMistFrostMist NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    !JaysonFour in 2nd? sure

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
    edited February 2009
    I guess I'll work at putting !JaysonFour in second, then.

Kay2 on
  • crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    JaysonFour

Ten bucks says Maximus comes back tomorrow...

crimsoncoyote on
    edited February 2009
    ...because someone's bringing him back, maybe? And maybe that's the guy we have to vote out/beat the snot out of to get Nightmare Geese to go away for good?

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    And the day is over. Narration and results might be a bit late tonight, sorry.

Burnage on
    edited February 2009
    I hope you're evil CJ Iwakura

Element Brian on

Arch,
    edited February 2009
    Oh man, CJ. D:

CJ was ganking Geese over and over, did you forget?

Kay2 on
    edited February 2009
    I probably should have pmd him to find out, but he never pmd me after I revealed.

I killed him for the same reason that I killed witchdoctor. After Maxximus came back, they both fought him, when it was obvious that he was going down to the vote. I wondered why they would risk fighting him if the vote is going to take him out? Unless they are rigging fights because they know he is going to die, this way making them look innocent since they were challenging an out'd bad guy. My theory is still that we cant take maxximus out untill after the tourney is over..

Element Brian on

Arch,
    edited February 2009
    I probably should have pmd him to find out, but he never pmd me after I revealed.

I killed him for the same reason that I killed witchdoctor. After Maxximus came back, they both fought him, when it was obvious that he was going down to the vote. I wondered why they would risk fighting him if the vote is going to take him out? Unless they are rigging fights because they know he is going to die, this way making them look innocent since they were challenging an out'd bad guy. My theory is still that we cant take maxximus out untill after the tourney is over..

wait wait, you've done a reveal? how did I miss this?

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
    edited February 2009
    FrostMist wrote: »

wait wait, you've done a reveal? how did I miss this?

Yea right after the close of day 1, I'm Terry Bogard the vig.

It'd be nice if you pm'd me, your one of the few that havent', kinda leaves you suspect...

Element Brian on

Arch,
    edited February 2009
    have no idea how I didn't read that - okay :)

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
    edited February 2009
    Silly people who miss reveals. That is why you die!

And ummm. . . who won the vote? I saw an uncomfortably high number of people vote for Jayson near the end. . . .

kime on
    Steam profile
    edited February 2009
    kime wrote: »

And ummm. . . who won the vote? I saw an uncomfortably high number of people vote for Jayson near the end. . . .

I die? that's not fun :(

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
    edited February 2009
    FrostMist wrote: »
    kime wrote: »

I die? that's not fun :(

I meant in general, silly. Although yes, you are dying tonight, in fact.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Day Three News Broadcast
    "Good evening once again, faithful viewers! Southtown is abuzz, now that we are on the eve of the final of the tournament! Sadly, today was not particularly eventful - there were two no-shows at the tournament, so jackisreal went through automatically, and poor Kay had to face TehSloth all on his own. Needless to say, it didn't go so well for Kay!

Rumours abound that our great city's finest citizen, Geese Howard, is actually disliked by the tournament goers! But that couldn't be, could it? Everybody loves Geese Howard!

Everybody.

And this is SNN, signing off!"

The Following Players have been Hospitalised.
    Element Brian - Terry Bogard - beaten with a stick
    CJ Iwakura - Bonne Jenet - Kaiser Waved and Buster Wolfed
    Maximus - Nightmare Geese - Kicked out of Southtown

Nightmare Geese has re-entered the game.

The final fight of the tournament is: jackisreal vs. TehSloth.

Round four ends at midnight GMT.

Burnage on
    edited February 2009
    oooOOOo

Somebody did something

also sorry CJ!!

OoOOoo

Element Brian on

Arch,
    edited February 2009
    CRAP! So confused. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that voting for Maximus again probably won't do anything, so I'm going to vote for the guy who the network head voted for so that I don't vote for a special.

!JaysonFour

jackisreal on
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

oOoOoOoo
    Thanks for rembering me Sticks
    oOoOoOooo

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited February 2009
    Hello, !jackisreal. Funny joke.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So much for helping out... :(

mayxxdestroyed.gif

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I BRING WORD FROM A SOURCE ON HIGH!!

Jackisreal is Billy Kane, and a bad bad man

The_Reflection on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    That's good enough for me!

Jackisreal

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
    edited February 2009
    Bandwagon it is, then. jackisreal

kime on
    Steam profile
  • abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    !jackisreal needs to go away if he is a bad man.

abotkin on
    steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
    edited February 2009
    ...Say what?

I follow the last actions of our network head, and you all vote for me because the guy he wanted to kill does an instant-reflex vote against me?

Come on village! We're better than this.

If you must know, I am Jubei Yamada

jubei.png

An old man who likes his cookies. Nothing more, nothing less. JaysonFour has given NO REASON to vote for me, and you all blindly follow him?

Why not vote for the guy the confirmed vigilante suspected?

It's what Terry would have wanted.

jackisreal on
    edited February 2009
    Nice try. My contact says they seered you. I trust them. I don't trust you.

Nice fake reveal, though.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    edited February 2009
    Your contact? If claiming to have a contact is all it takes to get someone voted out, this village is screwed.

Let's face it--J4 can and will claim anything to survive, but has given no proof and no logical reason to vote for me. I, on the other hand, am aligned with a proven supporter of the village, and have an actual reason to vote for JaysonFour. If JaysonFour or his 'contact' (if there even is a contact) were really good specials, they would have been aligned with Element Brian, and there's no way EB would have voted for JaysonFour.

By all means, the real seer should check me out if he/she is suspicious, so they can see me for what I am--Jubei Yamada.

jackisreal on
  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Nice try Jack, but we arn't following J4, in fact I have no idea what hes talking about. But I AM IN CONTACT WITH THE REAL SEER.

You're Billy Kane. You Are Evil. You are not Yamada

SO YOU GET NOTHING! YOU LOSE! GOOD DAY SIR!

The_Reflection on