As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX 2009 PREREGISTRATION IS OPEN!

• ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yeah I remember hearing about the lack of physical tickets a couple times, so I'll be getting my pre-reg ticket today or some time really soon.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2009
    should be getting mine asap!

Grath on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited February 2009
    AltDelete wrote: »
    Not a problem. You folks run a tight ship and we all thank you for your efforts.

We'll think of something to convince the group to stick together. Something involving our experiences from last year. Or maybe quick, brief flashes of light and noise to confound the senses... either way.
    once the DVD comes out, that should be good recruitment material

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    AltDelete wrote: »
    Not a problem. You folks run a tight ship and we all thank you for your efforts.

We'll think of something to convince the group to stick together. Something involving our experiences from last year. Or maybe quick, brief flashes of light and noise to confound the senses... either way.
    once the DVD comes out, that should be good recruitment material

Too bad my crew didn't spend more then a few minutes in the tabletop area, otherwise I would have footage and things to help convince them. Oh well..

And it figures the first year I pre-register this early, there is no early-bird. *sigh*
    Oh well, it don't matta. :P

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • demonthresisdemonthresis Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    YAY! Time to go buy tickets!

demonthresis on
    Pretty, what do we blow up first?
  • spydeyspydey Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I've pre-registered. So happy.

spydey on
    cp468kw5.gif
  • meloncolliemeloncollie Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Not to be a sourpuss, but ...
    I just checked my billing statement from last year. I pre-registered for a 3-day pass for 40. Is there a reason for the price increase?

... Just wondering. I still plan on going, but I'm just a little surprised, I guess.

(my 2007 statement says I paid 45, but I think it's because we missed the early bird date, since I bought it late July)

meloncollie on
    10th PAXiversary! PAX Prime 2007-2017. PAX BYOC 2009-2017.
    @meloncollie | steam hiokaybye
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I just checked my billing statement from last year. I pre-registered for a 3-day pass for 40. Is there a reason for the price increase?

... Just wondering. I still plan on going, but I'm just a little surprised, I guess.

(my 2007 statement says I paid 45, but I think it's because we missed the early bird date, since I bought it late July)

I am not affiliated with PAX in any way, but I'd suspect it's due to the fact that they are renting more convention center space, and generally increased operating costs.

Houn on
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Cost of living increase.

NotASenator on
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Man now I gotta decide if I wanna go to this or Blizzcon this year.

Decisions decisions!

Bucketman on
    edited February 2009
    Houn wrote: »

I am not affiliated with PAX in any way, but I'd suspect it's due to the fact that they are renting more convention center space, and generally increased operating costs.

That makes sense, I think.

It's not that I don't think they deserve to hike up the price or anything. I was just genuinely surprised, haha.

(I am still freakin' excited for this year's PAX, though! :D

meloncollie on
  • mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    The discount for preregistration discount isn't very much either.

mrflippy on
  • leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    50 compared to 90? Or 50 compared to 105 later? I dunno, seems decent enough to me.

I'm wondering more about huge frustration compared to last year with not being from the US and confusion surrounding badges.

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited February 2009
    We generally don't like to do price increases, period, as we like to make the show as accessible for everyone as possible. Sadly the realities of the show are that it gets way more expensive to produce as the years go on, and we figured $45 for 3 days was still reasonable given the amount of stuff you could do at the show.

Despite it being a reality, I still feel bad about it. Sorry!

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
    edited February 2009
    leaf wrote: »
    50 compared to 90? Or 50 compared to 105 later? I dunno, seems decent enough to me.

I think he's talking about the pre-reg rate versus at-the-door rate ($50 versus $55 for a 3-day pass, which is only a $5 dollars savings).

It used to be $10 savings for early-bird, then a $5 savings from the date after early bird ends until the show, basically, then full-price at the door :( haha.

I'm guessing it's because this year, they need/want a solid number so as to limit the number of people who can go? Khoo did mention a "limited number of badges" being available this year...

Edit: Just saw your post, Robert! It's okay, I know these things are inevitable and the PAX crew of all people aren't doing the Mr. Burns finger rubbing thing saying, "Eggggsellent." We definitely don't want you guys to go broke because of this show :D haha.

meloncollie on
    edited February 2009
    Khoo: It's cool. I'd rather go to PAX than send my children to college anyway.
    <3

Houn on
  • ninjownedninjowned Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Got my badge! Now to figure out the hotel situation :winky:

ninjowned on
    ninjowned!
  • HighfireHighfire Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    All paid up.

Highfire on
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    the PAX crew of all people aren't doing the Mr. Burns finger rubbing thing saying, "Eggggsellent."

bs
    ive seen khoo do that before.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • ninjownedninjowned Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Definitely not missing out on BYOC this year either! Time to go post on the BellinghamLan forums about pax pre-reg if someone else hasn't already beaten me to it.

ninjowned on
    ninjowned!
  • CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    What is BYOC?

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Campion wrote: »
    What is BYOC?

It's French for "Miss out on the whole show"

NotASenator on
    edited February 2009
    BYOC = Bring Your Own Computer = The PAX LanParty, essentially. BigRed there can tell you more.

Houn on
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2009
    Thank you for finally limited the tickets in respect to the available space.

I never want to have a repeat of PAX08

FyreWulff on
    edited February 2009
    Uh, FyreWulff, I'd be willing to bet the limit is at least as many people as were there last year, probably more due to the increased space.

Houn on
    edited February 2009
    Do I really need to print out this barcode ticket, or do I just need to bring my badge?

spydey on
    cp468kw5.gif
  • algorythymalgorythym Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, it says the tickets are mailed in one place, and tells you that you print it after ordering in another place.

INCONSISTENCIES!!!!

algorythym on
    algorythym.gif
    Someone let me algorhythm (steve_0990) into the PA Steam group
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2009
    Houn wrote: »
    Uh, FyreWulff, I'd be willing to bet the limit is at least as many people as were there last year, probably more due to the increased space.

If it scales to the increased space, then that is perfectly fine. PAX08 was oversold, plain and simple.

FyreWulff on
  • eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    You should probably print out your ticket in case something happens to the mailed out badge. Thought that one was pretty obvious.

Also, YAY FOR PAX!!!

eye-shuh on
    edited February 2009
    eye-shuh wrote: »
    You should probably print out your ticket in case something happens to the mailed out badge. Thought that one was pretty obvious.

Also, YAY FOR PAX!!!

Sound advice. It's always good to have a back up.

I am in the process of purchasing mine (for me and the S.O.)

DOUBLE YAY FOR PAX!

:winky::winky::winky:
    ^ What a perv.

meloncollie on
    edited February 2009
    NotACrook wrote: »
    What is BYOC?

I see what you did there...and I like it. I'm going to BMOC to PAX East most likely since I'm driving, but I'm not taking the desktop on the airplane. Come to think of it, would they let me?

demonthresis on
  • Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited February 2009
    spydey wrote: »
    Do I really need to print out this barcode ticket, or do I just need to bring my badge?

I know the registration vendor we're using this year is a little confusing, but consider the barcode printout as "backup" in case something happens to your physical badge (which you'll be receiving as usual in the mail).

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • ashridahashridah Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    What is BYOC?

I see what you did there...and I like it. I'm going to BMOC to PAX East most likely since I'm driving, but I'm not taking the desktop on the airplane. Come to think of it, would they let me?

Let you? sure, if it didn't go over weight limits. They won't make sure it arrives in one piece though, that's your problem.

A Laptop is easy enough though, since it can go as carry-on.

ashridah on
    edited February 2009
    Thanks Khoo for clearing that up for me.

spydey on
    cp468kw5.gif
  • KalaylajaylaKalaylajayla Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Kala has purchased ticket. :D Next in line, get work off those days. hehe

Kalaylajayla on
  • WinyderWinyder Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Winyder - Badge Ordered!

Winyder on
    edited February 2009
    I'm only taking carry on, which I guess I wasn't even slightly clear about. I got so excited I forgot to use my big boy words. Now the only thing I need to check and see is if my ear will explode when I get on a plane.

demonthresis on
    edited February 2009
    What is BYOC?

Yes... becuase if you get BYOC we lock you in teh room and you arent allowed to come and go as you please and cant see ANYTHING

Ohwait... this isnt the misinformation thread... nm

But yeah, BYOC is bring your own computer room. Basically A giant LAN party. You can sit and relax for a bit, play some internet/games between events or just be there the whole time if you arent intrested in much else at PAX.
    Great place to get away from uber crowds and relax, plus gives you a lot to do after expo closes.

BigRed on
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    We generally don't like to do price increases, period, as we like to make the show as accessible for everyone as possible. Sadly the realities of the show are that it gets way more expensive to produce as the years go on, and we figured $45 for 3 days was still reasonable given the amount of stuff you could do at the show.

Despite it being a reality, I still feel bad about it. Sorry!

Psst, it's $50.:P

ASimPerson on
    edited February 2009
    I'm only taking carry on, which I guess I wasn't even slightly clear about. I got so excited I forgot to use my big boy words. Now the only thing I need to check and see is if my ear will explode when I get on a plane.

A Tip I give every year to people:
    (I do this when going to distant LAN Parties that I fly to)

You can always ship your computer/monitor ahead of you to the hotel you are staying at. (UPS/Fedex is FAR more gentle on things than the baggage handlers at the airport :x ). Nearly all hotels will accept packages for you. Call them in advance and say you are staying there and will be shipping a few things to get there just before your stay.
    Hotels are happy to hold them for you.

Or you can bring a Laptop on the plane :P I sugguest a Laptop cable lock for PAX though. Me and my staff guard your things in BYOC but its still better safe than sorry.

BigRed on
This discussion has been closed.