As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX 2009 PREREGISTRATION IS OPEN!

• George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Cool. Definitely buying one for myself, and I have a few friends that want to go, so I'll need to tell them.
    My parents had fun last year, think they're actually wanting to go again..

George Fornby Grill on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited February 2009
    Man, pre-reg opens and people start popping out of nowhere.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• dragon keeper xdragon keeper x Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    man, im scared that im not gonna have the money to get a ticket in time before tickets sell out......

dragon keeper x on
    Max sig size: 500x80px <3 Moe
    sig_dragonx.jpg
  • j0z1ej0z1e Shuffles the FailNinja Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    BigRed wrote: »
    I'm only taking carry on, which I guess I wasn't even slightly clear about. I got so excited I forgot to use my big boy words. Now the only thing I need to check and see is if my ear will explode when I get on a plane.

A Tip I give every year to people:
    (I do this when going to distant LAN Parties that I fly to)

You can always ship your computer/monitor ahead of you to the hotel you are staying at. (UPS/Fedex is FAR more gentle on things than the baggage handlers at the airport :x ). Nearly all hotels will accept packages for you. Call them in advance and say you are staying there and will be shipping a few things to get there just before your stay.
    Hotels are happy to hold them for you.

Or you can bring a Laptop on the plane :P I sugguest a Laptop cable lock for PAX though. Me and my staff guard your things in BYOC but its still better safe than sorry.

You should probably say that UPS/Fedex are USUALLY more gentle, I showed you my heatsink!!!! My own tip on that is to pack it extremely well and to insure it!!! I shipped my computer from NY to Seattle when I moved here last November and it looked like robots had played soccer with it by the time I got it. I have a nice new computer courtesy of UPS now, but it took a few weeks to get the insurance payment. Good luck :)

j0z1e on
    PAX East '12: Pass [X] Hotel [X] Plane [ ] Time Off [N/A yet]
  • HighfireHighfire Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Man, pre-reg opens and people start popping out of nowhere.

That's how it is every year.:P

Highfire on
    edited February 2009
    This much is true

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• mrsnackroadmrsnackroad Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Pre-registration, check!

The only things I regret about last year is not staying for more concerts and missing the PAX breakfast run.

Also, eating Subway. I regret Subway.

mrsnackroad on
    edited February 2009
    Subway = fail
    Taco del Mar = win

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    The westlake center is where it all the good food happened.

Viscountalpha on
    edited February 2009
    The westlake center is where it all the good food happened.

We wound up going all the way out to Uwajimaya because one of the guys we went with knew this really awesome cafe right in that mall area.

Although, it kills me that you kept this info from me, Vis.

mrsnackroad on
    edited February 2009
    Also, real restaurants are good if you spend the extra cash. The Fox Sports Bar had some good burgers too.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited February 2009
    This is information that'd be best used in another thread, I think - don't want to distract people from the fact that preregistration this year is important because of the limited amount of tickets that will be available.

mrsnackroad on
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Also, real restaurants are good if you spend the extra cash. The Fox Sports Bar had some good burgers too.

Yea, but it kept the time loss to a minimum. You could take a whole group of people and everyone could get what they want in short amount of time. The price was right too, albiet cheap.

Pre-reg'd

Sorry Snackroad I thought you knew. I'll take you to westlake center again this year and we will go have some nice fried tempura.

I wonder what Khoo's stats will be on first week registration.

Viscountalpha on
    edited February 2009
    This is information that'd be best used in another thread, I think - don't want to distract people from the fact that preregistration this year is important because of the limited amount of tickets that will be available.
    As long as people read the OP, I think they'll be fine. Although, if somebody (Seattle local maybe) wants to toss up a food guide thread, that would be cool. Just remember to include something for everybody, from fast food to fancy dining.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• spydeyspydey Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    didn't we have a guide last year?

spydey on
    cp468kw5.gif
    edited February 2009
    spydey wrote: »
    didn't we have a guide last year?

Not so much a guide as a thread with a bunch of recommendations, yeah.

The locals had a lot to recommend, for sure.

mrsnackroad on
  • Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited February 2009
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    We generally don't like to do price increases, period, as we like to make the show as accessible for everyone as possible. Sadly the realities of the show are that it gets way more expensive to produce as the years go on, and we figured $45 for 3 days was still reasonable given the amount of stuff you could do at the show.

Despite it being a reality, I still feel bad about it. Sorry!

Psst, it's $50.:P

I MEAN FIFTY

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
    edited February 2009
    Better then $55 at the door. But I still wish there was a mark of some kind. To show that it's Pre-Reg.

Highfire on
    edited February 2009
    Having your name printed on the pass isn't good enough?

edit: also, I should be an Omeganaut this year

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited February 2009
    I was thinking that was just for the PDF print out.

Are they going to put it on the card it's self?

Highfire on
    edited February 2009
    You know, I hadn't thought of that.

/me lights the Khoo signal

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• spydeyspydey Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I hope it's on the badge. I've been wanting that.

spydey on
    cp468kw5.gif
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I was kinda hoping that the names are on the badges as well...kinda like Comic-Con. 'Cause having the Handler Name on mine and "Patrick!" (I find it amusing to place an exclamation point after nearly any name) on The Boyfriend's.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • NorthNorth Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Unless PA bought a new badge making machine or is farming out the making and mailing of badges it would be expensive and time consuming as all hell to make each badge with a different name printed on it.

North on
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    North wrote: »
    Unless PA bought a new badge making machine or is farming out the making and mailing of badges it would be expensive and time consuming as all hell to make each badge with a different name printed on it.

You should probably wait for khoo to answer that question instead...

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Registered! Yay! =)=)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • CuZZaCuZZa Khoo's Epic Mount Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Pre-reg done!

Sidenote - the reg form's phone number field is not very friendly to international numbers, i had to put in my Australian phone number in local format rather than international format. It may be a little confusing.

Any word on what happened to Brown Paper Tickets? I liked those guys!

CuZZa on
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    NotACrook wrote: »
    Campion wrote: »
    What is BYOC?

It's French for "Miss out on the whole show"

Yes... becuase if you get BYOC we lock you in teh room and you arent allowed to come and go as you please and cant see ANYTHING

Ohwait... this isnt the misinformation thread... nm

But yeah, BYOC is bring your own computer room. Basically A giant LAN party. You can sit and relax for a bit, play some internet/games between events or just be there the whole time if you arent intrested in much else at PAX.
    Great place to get away from uber crowds and relax, plus gives you a lot to do after expo closes.

Sorry Red, I forgot that I wasn't in SE++. I should have put sarcasm tags around it.

NotASenator on
  • DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Forgive my stupidity, but
    Badges will be mailed out (to the US only) two weeks before PAX -- you'll receive your lanyard and badge holder at the show.

If you purchase your badge after August 15th, or if you're located outside of the US, your badge will be available for pickup at will-call. Please bring a copy of your barcode ticket confirmation if you're picking your badge up from will-call.

An e-mail confirmation will be sent after your order is complete. Your e-mail confirmation provides support options and additional information about the show.

As a French Canadian who just learned the expression "will-call" on Wikipedia for the first time tonight, does that mean that if I pre-reg I print the barcode I get in my e-mail and I pick up the physical badge directly on site as I enter PAX09?

(just want confirmation)

Djiem on
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Djiem wrote: »
    Badges will be mailed out (to the US only) two weeks before PAX -- you'll receive your lanyard and badge holder at the show.

If you purchase your badge after August 15th, or if you're located outside of the US, your badge will be available for pickup at will-call. Please bring a copy of your barcode ticket confirmation if you're picking your badge up from will-call.

An e-mail confirmation will be sent after your order is complete. Your e-mail confirmation provides support options and additional information about the show.

As a French Canadian who just learned the expression "will-call" on Wikipedia for the first time tonight, does that mean that if I pre-reg I print the barcode I get in my e-mail and I pick up the physical badge directly on site as I enter PAX09?

(just want confirmation)

Correct, you will pick up your pass at the Wilcall booth.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
    edited February 2009

(just want confirmation)

Easy, Eh?

Highfire on
  • DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

(just want confirmation)

Thanks! That's all I needed to know. Contacting friends to see how many tickets I need to pre-reg.

Djiem on
    edited February 2009
    Having your name printed on the pass isn't good enough?

edit: also, I should be an Omeganaut this year

Your name won't be printed on the badge - sorry.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
    edited February 2009
    Khoo just secretly told me I won't be an Omeganaut

(Omeganauts get their names printed on the badges, if I'm not mistaken)

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• MoreGreaseMoreGrease Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    How long are the pre-reg prices usually available? I won't know whether I'll be free for PAX this year for a couple of weeks at least, probably.

MoreGrease on
    Steam and PSN: FreelancePolice
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009

Your name won't be printed on the badge - sorry.

Poo-bear.

Oh well! And sadness that Moe will not be an Omeganaut.

...And Pre-Reg is until August 15th? ...I think 15th.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I have to wait until the end of the month, cause I'm in between credit card expiry/activations.

Asiina on
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    MoreGrease wrote: »
    How long are the pre-reg prices usually available? I won't know whether I'll be free for PAX this year for a couple of weeks at least, probably.

They should be available until at least a month before the event starts if I remember correctly. Somebody go ahead and correct me now...

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
    edited February 2009

I hope you don't like tokyo.

D:

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • GoogalashGoogalash Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

You'd just fail in the 1st round anyway...

Googalash on
This discussion has been closed.