As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX 2009 Ticket Name (will not be printed on your PAX badge)

DMmagicDMmagic PAX East EnforcerSpringfield, MO, USARegistered User regular
edited February 2009 in PAX Archive
In my exuberance to pre-register for PAX (I've been saving and working towards attending for the last two years now), I sort of blew through the registration process, not quite understanding what I was doing, only anxious to secure tickets as quickly as possible. I then signed onto the forums for the first time ever and read a brief discussion about what to enter in the Ticket Name field, which appears to be well suited for a nickname or some such.

I know it is an incredibly lame request and quite an imposition, but if one were to have entered something in the Ticket Name field in their haste and were interested in requesting it be changed to something more desirable, how might one go about making such a request?

Having my first and last name crammed onto the badge just seems like a bad idea all-around :oops:

DMmagic on

• Options
    proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Your name won't be printed on the badge - sorry.

The name you put on won't be printed on the actual badge

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DMmagicDMmagic PAX East Enforcer Springfield, MO, USARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    proXimity wrote: »
    The name you put on won't be printed on the actual badge
    Oh! I'd gotten the impression it was. What's the point of the Personalized Name Printed on Ticket then?

DMmagic on
  • Options
    proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    That... is a question for the ages. Or somebody who actually knows.

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    seems their FAQ is clear about the subject

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Will the "personalized names" show up on my printed badge?
    A: No, the personalized names are for your convenience in keeping track of the confirmation receipts. The badges will not have individual names printed on them.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited February 2009
    DMMagic - it's a common observation, so don't feel like you're alone. It's a limitation with the registration vendor we're using this year... we're trying to get that hardcoded out, but yes, like proximity said, your name won't be on the actual badge.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    demonthresisdemonthresis Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I hope that PAX East will have personalized badges, that'd be nice.

demonthresis on
    Pretty, what do we blow up first?
  • Options
    DMmagicDMmagic PAX East Enforcer Springfield, MO, USARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Awesome :-D Thanks everyone. My full name weighs in at 19 characters (with the space between first and last), so it's sometimes extra-awkward on badges, hence my concern.

Now I can return to just being excited about PAX ^_^

DMmagic on
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Personalized badges are great and all, but it makes it difficult to re-sell them. Say you register now, something comes up in June and you can't go. Since your name's not on the badge, you can probably sell it for at least face value.

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    If you happen to get one of the forumer badges, you will at least have a space to write your name in. Hopefully that will make up for it!

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    spydeyspydey Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I too was disappointed to find the name would not be on the badge. I hope that's something that will change in the future.

spydey on
    cp468kw5.gif
  • Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    May I suggest that to overcome this problem you make sure you get your hands on the PAX Forum attendee badge I'm creating for PAX'09? As an active member of these fine gathering of like minded folk who like to share their views on all things PAX related, you stand a good chance of getting one. Unlike last year they will have a space for you to write your name on them. They will also come in a nice plastic wallet that will hang behind your PAX pass from the same lanyard. At least that's the plan anyway.

To find out more read this thread.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

This discussion has been closed.