In the interest of getting to Seattle by air in the cheapest, most comfortable, and least stressful manner, I'd like to have a thread where people can share their previous experience:
- Where you're flying from
- Which airline you flew with last year
- When you booked your tickets
- How much your tickets cost
- Any horror stories (lost luggage, crashed somewhere in woodland Montana)
And what people are doing this year:
- What booking sites you like to peruse
- Any special bargains you care to share
- Alternative transportation methods (Blackhawk Helicopter, Slightly Used Concorde, 1920sesque Aerogyro)
To start, I'll be flying out to PAX this year from sunny Phoenix, Arizona. Last year I flew with US Airways, arriving early Thursday and returning Monday night for a total of $289.99 (all taxes and fees included). Both ways nonstop. I bounced around a few different sites and ended up with Orbitz, and bought my tickets May 20th (about 100 days before the show).
All told the trip went smooth. Flights were on time and I was even able to get some 4' tall flowers on board from Pike Place on the way back (though I did need to drain all the liquid from the base at the checkpoint)
I just checked a few sites, and the best flight available now that followed last year's plan (Arrive early Thursday, leave late Monday, non stop) is currently going for $388 with US Air via Travelocity. There was a flight with a layover for $320 round trip, but layovers are notoriously finicky and I try to avoid them.
My fellow fliers! Let us share information and bask in the warm glow of combined knowledge.