As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX 2009 PREREGISTRATION IS OPEN!

• Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited February 2009
    Never been to Tokyo, and Googs is probably right, but it would still be cool.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2009
    I'm going to wait a bit before preregistering.

Go sacrifice a goat to a god or something.

Maybe that'll get me an Omeganaut spot... :P

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Legacy wrote: »
    Go sacrifice a goat to a god or something.

Maybe that'll get me an Omeganaut spot... :P

Just pray to the clay idols of Gabe/Tycho/Khoo/All the other PAX Upper-Pants.

...And give their daily offering of Cheetos and coffee...

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2009
    Clay?

Those things are gold, man.

Expensive, too...

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    ...I would be tempted to melt the gold to sell it to Gold4Sale...or whatever that thing is on the Tellie.

CaptainTapole on
  • Options
    Curse-TenCurse-Ten Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Thank you for making me spazz out. But hearing that badges will be limited makes me think that there will be a wolf like fight over them. Heh.

Great, now I can't finish my physics homework because I'm too excited.

Curse-Ten on
  • Options
    Wombat!!Wombat!! Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Guys I am freaking out.

It says September 4th -> 6th. Depending on school, I might not be able to come.

What the fuck am I going to do?!?!?!

Wombat!! on
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    hey khoo

get me tickets for free

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    CuZZaCuZZa Khoo's Epic Mount Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Wombat!! wrote: »
    Guys I am freaking out.

The answer to your problems is clear - ditch school and come to PAX. Then you can ride the rails like a hobo for the rest of semester and have all sorts of crazy adventures!

CuZZa on
  • Options
    Wombat!!Wombat!! Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    It depends on where I get accepted. If Western, I'll be fine. The others, I am unsure of...

Wombat!! on
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Just don't tell them you can't go to school because you're going to a gaming convention, tell them that there is some serious family something-or-other going on that you have to to go away for, and they will be cool with it. At least, they better!

Personally, I would go anyway because for me, PAX > Everything. I know, I'm crazy...

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    nintendoXOnintendoXO Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    BOUGHT MINE YESSSSS *bust out some groovy moves* Is anyone BYOC? I am.

nintendoXO on
  • Options
    nintendoXOnintendoXO Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Wombat!! wrote: »
    Guys I am freaking out.

It falls on a holiday weekend Labor day!...Maybe that will help.

nintendoXO on
  • Options
    ArminasArminas Student of Life SF, CARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So I went ahead and preregistered and everything, I've paid and I have my little print stub. BUT! I was wondering if I can either change the address that my packet is shipped to or if I can just pick the packet up.

The reason for this is that my current address will no longer be valid in a few months because I'll be moving. Who should I contact abou this?

Arminas on
  • Options
    Queen BrewerQueen Brewer Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yeah. Bought and super pumped! I'll have to miss my senior retreat, but who cares? It's PAX... Hmm. Deciding whether I want to spend the money on a hotel, go the the green tortoise, or just hoof it back and forth to my house in North Seattle every night. Last two years I've done the latter. For all, I highly recommend BYOC, it allows you a place to ditch all your swag and guarantees you a power outlet.

Also: Did I miss the memo where this changed to Labor Day weekend from the last weekend of August, as always before. That would have been more convenient for school and Bumbershoot. I'm just grumbling, and I'm sure this question has been asked in other threads.

Queen Brewer on
    <Moe_Fwacky> once i had next door neighbors
    <Moe_Fwacky> nice girls
    <Moe_Fwacky> lesbians
    <Moe_Fwacky> robbed drugstores together
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Woot! You can have your own retreat out there with us, Fearless Leader! ;)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'm definitely doing BYOC if for no other reason than to have a seat that is designated for me in case I need to get away from it all for a bit.

Asiina on
  • Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited February 2009
    Arminas wrote: »
    So I went ahead and preregistered and everything, I've paid and I have my little print stub. BUT! I was wondering if I can either change the address that my packet is shipped to or if I can just pick the packet up.

The reason for this is that my current address will no longer be valid in a few months because I'll be moving. Who should I contact abou this?

You'll be able to change your address via our customer service means - so when you move just give us a ring or shoot us an email and we'll get everything sorted out.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Asiina wrote: »
    I'm definitely doing BYOC if for no other reason than to have a seat that is designated for me in case I need to get away from it all for a bit.

Sumos are in plentiful supply. Last year I just flopped down in the midst of the PAX 10 and dozed.

Also it turns out I can get a return flight to Seattle for just under £400. If my maths is right, that's like £600 for flights, entry, and a place to stay. With food money, that's £250 or so cheaper than last year because I booked it this early.

Of course, I could also jump on the CCST again. ARGH DECISIONS

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Well, I'd still like a preferred area just for me, so I don't have to fight someone to the death with star trek music playing for a chair.

I'm still waiting on my plane tickets though. The sales aren't going below $175 one-way, and I'd hope I can find it a little lower than that. I too would have liked to do the CCST, but the chances of finding someone with a free space starting in Ottawa are pretty slim.

Asiina on
  • Options
    SergeantAuberieSergeantAuberie Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    NotACrook wrote: »
    Sept 4-6th, eh?

No more "first week of college" complaints this year, I hope.
    Yeah, now it's the second week of college. Hooray for still having gen-ed classes to burn through.

I, and some of my Grad-school cohorts, are planning on attending in spite of the whole "class" thing. Unless we have to teach... Which would suck.

SergeantAuberie on
  • Options
    ArminasArminas Student of Life SF, CARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Arminas wrote: »

You'll be able to change your address via our customer service means - so when you move just give us a ring or shoot us an email and we'll get everything sorted out.

Cool, will do, I didn't see a # to call or general customer service email but alas, I didn't look very hard, I'll look some more when I actually need the information and have a new address sorted out.

Arminas on
  • Options
    SovietMudkipzSovietMudkipz Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Wait, BYOC doesn't sell out on day one, does it?

Approximately when will it?

SovietMudkipz on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

BYOC, when it is announced, will likely sell out fairly quickly, depending on demand and space available. Likely not same-day, but with people this pumped for PAX in Feb., who knows?

Houn on
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Houn wrote: »

BYOC, when it is announced, will likely sell out fairly quickly, depending on demand and space available. Likely not same-day, but with people this pumped for PAX in Feb., who knows?

When BYOC reg goes live (in the past its been around June-ish. Dont know if that will stay the same this year, but watch the forums for updates) it will sell out VERY QUICKLY.
    Last year BYOC sold out in TWO WEEKS after reg went live.
    (yes I had to bust out the lime for that)

For a giant LAN party thats pratically unheard of, so jump on that shit when it goes live :)

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    randomguyrandomguy Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    MeeOk wrote: »
    parabola wrote: »
    Anyone put something other than their name for the personalized section?

Damn skippy. I put my handle.. which happens to be my middle name, because my first name is boring and icky

I just put randomguy.

randomguy on
    "i ate your babies princess."
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Having your name printed on the pass isn't good enough?

edit: also, I should be an Omeganaut this year

Your name won't be printed on the badge - sorry.

That seems to be contrary to what the registration page is telling us. I may email them and just ask for clarification. Also, forum/internet name seems to be the best thing to put on your badge.

*edit*

looks like its clear that those names will NOT be on the badges. The FAQ is clear on this while the registration is not. I'm certain some events require this feature though.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Will the "personalized names" show up on my printed badge?
    A: No, the personalized names are for your convenience in keeping track of the confirmation receipts. The badges will not have individual names printed on them.

I would love to see a spot to write my forum/internet name down on the badge though.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    HypatiaHypatia Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Apologies if this question has been asked and I just missed it somewhere:

It asks whether or not you want to have a chance to be an Omeganaut but the only person whose information needs to be entered is the person who's paying. If you buy multiple tickets does that mean only the person buying the ticket is entered?

Hypatia on
  • Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited February 2009
    Only the person buying the ticket will be entered.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    MrBartokomousMrBartokomous Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Just purchased mine!

PROTIP: If you live outside the states but you've got family in the states, have your badge sent to them and ask them to ship it to you. You'll save yourself the hassle of will-call on arrival!

MrBartokomous on
  • Options
    p0rtugalviip0rtugalvii Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Tickets acquired. Waiting though unpleasing is eminent. The Penny Arcade Expo in 2009 will be extremely gratifying.

p0rtugalvii on
    PSN: p0rtugal_VII
    XBL: DJBlackMage
    Youtube: p0rtugalvii
    Twitter: @p0rtugalvii
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Just purchased mine!

PROTIP: If you live outside the states but you've got family in the states, have your badge sent to them and ask them to ship it to you. You'll save yourself the hassle of will-call on arrival!

Eh, Will Call was absolutely no problem for me on Thursday last year.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Willeth wrote: »
    Just purchased mine!

Eh, Will Call was absolutely no problem for me on Thursday last year.

Same here. I live only about 40 minutes north of Seattle and never got my pass so I had to hit up the will-call booth Thursday night after the Pre-PAX Dinner, and there was no problem at all getting it.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    PAX! PAX! PAX! PAX! PAX!
    Soooo, anyone else going this year?:winky:

Also, any word on prereg T's?
    I know there was no mention of such during registration, but is there any chance preregs will be able to mail order T's before the show or do we just have to get a shirt first thing when we get there?

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    HighfireHighfire Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    PAX! PAX! PAX! PAX! PAX!
    Soooo, anyone else going this year?:winky:

Also, any word on prereg T's?
    I know there was no mention of such during registration, but is there any chance preregs will be able to mail order T's before the show or do we just have to get a shirt first thing when we get there?

No...

If you want a shirt, you have to go to PAX and buy one.

Highfire on
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Damn it, registration is too early, I can't commit to anything before I know what I'm doing after graduation :(

Zek on
  • Options
    Grooveman23Grooveman23 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So...

anyone else gonna get up at 4:30 to catch a bus down to the place to wait in line for 4 1/2 hours? Because I am.

Last year on first day I got there really early and I was still far back in line. I was disapointed. General experience tells me that if im not there first, im gonna be waiting in line forever.

Grooveman23 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    All hail the Hypno-Spode!
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    So...

anyone else gonna get up at 4:30 to catch a bus down to the place to wait in line for 4 1/2 hours? Because I am.

Last year on first day I got there really early and I was still far back in line. I was disappointed. General experience tells me that if I'm not there first, I'm gonna be waiting in line forever.

The Boyfriend and I got there at like...Noon? And we were in the third to last row in the main waiting room. The reason why it took forever, if I remember rightly, was due to the fact the other folks who were not in line just merged with the line walking through the hall and stuff.

CaptainTapole on
  • Options
    Grooveman23Grooveman23 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Damn them other folks!

Grooveman23 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    All hail the Hypno-Spode!
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I watched one of my co-workers cut in line with me and a friend, probably cut in front of a thousand people or more. A couple WSCTC staff members noticed him too but didn't do anything about it... Maybe we should all hope they do start caring about it!

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
This discussion has been closed.