As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PRIME] Mechaton

S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red SquadBellevue, WARegistered User regular
edited June 2009 in PAX Archive
Anyone planning on doing this?
I tried to meet up with the guys who said they were doing this, but we didn't really organize and plan an actual plan and place.

hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
S2000Gan on

• PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I have not decided if I will be bringing my LEGOs with me again (I probably will). Last year I was present for both games, although I think only HotSake and I showed up for the second one, so we called it after 10 minutes. I would love to see this tradition continue, however.

PeasantDave on
  • redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'll be there. I think I'll need to up the ante on my designs after seeing everyone elses in person last year. Dave, didn't yours actually transform?

redhalo on
    edited February 2009
    redhalo wrote: »
    I'll be there. I think I'll need to up the ante on my designs after seeing everyone elses in person last year. Dave, didn't yours actually transform?

Two of them did, actually. Although it's going to be hard to top a mechaton sized transforming Optimus Prime I am going to see what I can do.

PeasantDave on
  • S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    We need to organize an actual time and place this time.

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • meloncolliemeloncollie Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Can the OP describe what this is? This might garner more interest if it weren't assumed :) (because I certainly don't know what that is! haha.)

meloncollie on
    10th PAXiversary! PAX Prime 2007-2017. PAX BYOC 2009-2017.
    @meloncollie | steam hiokaybye
    edited February 2009
    Thread from last year.

It's basically a strategy wargame where each player uses a few small LEGO robots.

I can't seem to find the basic rules online, but you can purchase the full rules here for $6.

PeasantDave on
  • meloncolliemeloncollie Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Thread from last year.

It's basically a strategy wargame where each player uses a few small LEGO robots.

I can't seem to find the basic rules online, but you can purchase the full rules here for $6.

That's awesome! Thanks for explaining :)

meloncollie on
    10th PAXiversary! PAX Prime 2007-2017. PAX BYOC 2009-2017.
    @meloncollie | steam hiokaybye
  • S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I found the rules somewhere for free. Just typed up onto a site not in a PDF. I think the site was in the thread from last year.

EDIT: Found it.
    http://www.lumpley.com/comment.php?entry=230

EDIT AGAIN: Re-found this as well.
    http://files.boardgamegeek.com/geekfile_view.php?fileid=28820

Assuming we can get this organized I'll be bringing my Cougar again, but my actual mechaton mechs, those'll remain secret.

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
    edited June 2009
    Sorry if this is an old post I've been busy w/ school since I was last on these forums and I would like to resume planning out this get together.

Any interest?

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm definitely interested, but I was last year as well and I didn't get off my ass and put some pieces together. I'll try harder this time?

SlickShughes on
  • ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Yeah, same thing happened to me. I actually bought the rules and printed them out and everything, but the LEGOs just never happened. I definitely want to try this out this year.

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited June 2009
    Given the age of this thread and the low number of posts, please just discuss Mechaton in the Tabletop threads, thanks.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

This discussion has been closed.