As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Computer Emergency (Possible Hardware Failure)

Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
edited February 2007 in Games and Technology
Hey guys,
So for whatever reason my computer is acting really strangely. Everything was perfectly fine last night, but this morning when I woke up there was no signal being sent to my monitor. I know this because the power button on the monitor (a dell 2405FPWS) was yellow. Secondly, while the computer was on both LED lights were active (a green one indicating that the computer has power and is turned on AND a red one indicated the hard drive is being used). Normally the red LED flickers when something is being done, but it was constantly on. This confused me since I didn't shut down the computer the night before.

I tried to manually restart but the computer would not respond. Furthermore, I normally only have to tap the power button to get it to turn off, but now I have to hold it down for 5 to 10 seconds before it finally powers off.

Moreover, when on the CD/DVD rom will not respond to the normal button or the manual open button. I have a Netflix dvd I need to return but can't get it out.

Does anyone have any ideas what is going on? This is truly frustrating.

Mace1370 on

• Options
    armyofnonearmyofnone Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    you can use a straightened paper clip or something to get the dvd out of the drive
    for the other problems i have no idea, sorry :(

armyofnone on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2007
    good lord, your sig is massive and there's no reason for it to be that way

Orikaeshigitae on