As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Walk this way, [Chat] this way! Just gimme a kiss.

• TamTam Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Slumdog Millionaire swept house

some folks in SE++ are mad about the score and song awards

Tam on
  • srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Tam wrote: »

As am I.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    And the fact that Wall-E got shafted at every corner.

Godfather on
    edited February 2009
    srsizzy wrote: »

As am I.

I'd have to agree

I mean hell, I like AR Rahman's work. Love it. But this wasn't even his best music, let alone better than the other work that was up.

Godfather wrote: »
    And the fact that Wall-E got shafted at every corner.

except for the big one of course

but then again that one wasn't exactly a decision

"So will sir be having the Filet Mignon or the Shitburger this evening?"

Tam on
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I was pissed Wall-E didn't get nominated for best picture, they were probably worried it would win.

Mustang on
    edited February 2009
    I was going to get my rant on about TDK, but I don't think I can be objective about that movie at all.

Tam on
  • DeeLockDeeLock Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I was pissed Wall-E didn't get nominated for best picture, they were probably worried it would win.

It would have.

Haven't seen Slumdog but i want to! The local theatre only shows three movies at a time.

:(

DeeLock on
    edited February 2009
    DeeLock wrote: »

It would have.

Haven't seen Slumdog but i want to! The local theatre only shows three movies at a time.

:(

where the hell in California do you live?

See it when you get a chance. It's great. It's fucking awesome.

Has anyone seen the new Miyazaki film? I was kinda expecting to see it in there somewhere.

As soon as I saw the clip for La Maison en Petits Cubes, I knew it was going to win. That thing looks beautiful and I need to watch it.

Tam on
  • DeeLockDeeLock Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'm going to school at Humboldt State in Arcata...

Don't have a car so I have to go to the teeny tiny theatre in town.

Oh wait...they're showing it...should probably go do that :P

DeeLock on
    edited February 2009
    DeeLock wrote: »
    I'm going to school at Humboldt State in Arcata...

Don't have a car so I have to go to the teeny tiny theatre in town.

Oh wait...they're showing it...should probably go do that :P
    There's two theaters in Eureka and one in McKinleyville that all show up to 6 movies at a time...Get on a bus, takes 10 minutes.

So apparently the rights to a Warcraft movie have been purchased.

Huh...not a good totp.

So...yeah, Wall-E got the shaft. I really hate the Academy. I was looking at old best picture wins, and I was like "Well, would you look at that, a lot of them suck."

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
    edited February 2009
    Mustang wrote: »

It will never happen again in Oscar history thanks to the best animated picture category. Ever since Beauty and the Beast got nominated for Best Picture back in '91, directors were getting a bit riled up that a mere cartoon movie could be nominated for such a prestigious award. Skip forward a few years and the best animated picture category is introduced, to sort of eliminate this threat.

This is why Disney consideres Beauty and the Beast the crown jewel of it's animated film roster.

Godfather on
    edited February 2009
    Guys, watch La Maison en Petits Cubes on YouTube. It's only 13 or so minutes.

Tam on
  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Has anyone seen the new Miyazaki film?

The hell? There's a new one?

Google time.

EDIT: Maybe it's time I changed that 'out of the loop' diagram to my signature.

Flay on
    edited February 2009
    Flay wrote: »

Google time.

Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea

Tam on
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Oh man, I've finally succumbed to doing a grid study, I better learn something! Insert threating fist shaking here.

Mustang on
    edited February 2009
    Flay wrote: »

Google time.

Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea
    This movie looks ridiculous. I'm sorry, I love Miyazaki, but his movies are seriously getting more and more insane. Howl's Moving Castle kind of pushed the limits for me.

And yeah, I'm a fan of Totoro, but only because he's huge and cute and there's a cat bus, and I watched it as a kid. So, I guess they're kids movies and so I'm not really able to get the new ones as I grow older.

But Totoro and Spirited Away still win.

srsizzy on
    edited February 2009
    Miyazaki's latest film actually didn't do very well. I'm sure it sold like chocolate crack but the reaction was very mediocre. The man himself said he didn't garnish the reaction that he was hoping for.

I think I read somewhere that the kids were completely silent during the entire feature; no laughing, no crying, nothing. And a lot of the kids didn't really think much of it either.

That really sucks because that was supposed to be his swan song. He's not making any more movies after that one.

Godfather on
    edited February 2009
    fucking shit

stupid trihybrid mapping

why you gotta be so difficult

edit: fuck sorry deleted my other crap, can't remember it, can't be bothered to try. something about Howl's Moving Castle being straightforward

Tam on
    edited February 2009
    Straightforward in a ridiculous "I'm going to make up all these random rules and not really explain why any of this is actually happening" sort of way, which I guess is what all his films are, but I don't know. Spirited Away and Totoro were like normal people meeting fantasy worlds, and then Castle in the Sky was alright, and Howl's Moving Castle was just inventing a world with characters and rules that I don't have any investment in but are just there.

I don't know, it's late, and I can't articulate well. I just had Howl's hyped up by all my friends, and didn't end up enjoying the story at all.

srsizzy on
  • Toji SuzuharaToji Suzuhara Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Straightforward in a ridiculous "I'm going to make up all these random rules and not really explain why any of this is actually happening" sort of way, which I guess is what all his films are, but I don't know. Spirited Away and Totoro were like normal people meeting fantasy worlds, and then Castle in the Sky was alright, and Howl's Moving Castle was just inventing a world with characters and rules that I don't have any investment in but are just there.

I don't know, it's late, and I can't articulate well. I just had Howl's hyped up by all my friends, and didn't end up enjoying the story at all.

Things tend to be different when you adapt them from a book than when you make them up yourself.

Toji Suzuhara on
    AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
  • Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So what color from those test plates should I go with for this vessel?

046r.jpg

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'd go with that bronze looking one...

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
    edited February 2009
    There are technically 4 'bronze' looking ones there.

The 2nd row on the right?

The colors suck in this picture. The top one is a bright bright red, the first middle one is a light brown, the second middle one is a matte slate gray. The bottom left one is the Blue/green iridescent color, and the bottom right is a mottled brown/black color.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yeah that one.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I like the orangey one in the lower right.

Fantastic cool texture on the vessel, by the way!

NightDragon on
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Hes playing it like he wants too...

but hes just so fucking good...

Examples
    robert-zimmerman.jpg
    the-rape-of-europa.jpg
    beck.jpg
    zooey.jpg

This is such an awful post.

NotASenator on
  • beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    when people say vessel, i think of saying it like "vezzel"

beavotron on
  • r-jasperr-jasper Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Things tend to be different when you adapt them from a book than when you make them up yourself.
    i was waiting for someone to say that.

r-jasper on
    edited February 2009
    Yeah I think I'm going with the dark black one.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'm disappointed Skeletor didn't win best actor last night.

NibCrom on
  • BetelgeuseBetelgeuse Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Forbe! wrote: »
    There are technically 4 'bronze' looking ones there.

The 2nd row on the right?

The colors suck in this picture. The top one is a bright bright red, the first middle one is a light brown, the second middle one is a matte slate gray. The bottom left one is the Blue/green iridescent color, and the bottom right is a mottled brown/black color.

How did you get the bright red? I've spent some time researching how to get a red patina on copper and I'm not sure which method would work best. The texture and shape of the vessel are fabulous, by the way.

Betelgeuse on
  • no_toastno_toast Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'd go with the bright red, it looks fancy.

Uh, Once again I found myself reading through 10 pages of chat thread.

And laaaate congrats to Beavs! It really seems that they're interested in you and why wouldn't they be! :D

no_toast on
  • MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    beavotron wrote: »

nuclear wessels

Metalbourne on
    edited February 2009
    Forbe! wrote: »
    Yeah I think I'm going with the dark black one.

yes!

Tam on
  • SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    beavotron wrote: »

nuclear wessels

Eeeeee!!!!

Six on
    can you feel the struggle within?
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    i read that as "Nuclear weasels".

Prospicience on
    edited February 2009
    Nucular... it's pronounced nucular.

Wewease the secwet weapon! (the secwet weapon is nucular weasels)

I am so tired.

Betelgeuse on
    edited February 2009
    Well... if you're GW it's pronounced "nucular".

Prospicience on
    edited February 2009
    Simpsons quote, bro! This has got nothing to do with W.

Betelgeuse on
    edited February 2009
    Betelgeuse wrote: »
    Simpsons quote, bro! This has got nothing to do with W.

NO I'VE FAILED! *runs away crying hysterically, followed by a leap out of a 1st story window*

Prospicience on
This discussion has been closed.