As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Twitter

• Options
    MeeOkMeeOk Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Twinkie wrote: »
    Wooopwoop!

Twinkie here: Lead Vocalist and Chef in Command of the disbanded House of Gaming, Dicktochat Master, Booty Shaker, Classy Lady.

@Twink13

.. I <3 you Twinkie

MeeOk on
  • Options
    KyoutekiKyouteki Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I was formerly @kyouteki, now I'm @samcconnell. New look, same great taste!

Kyouteki on
  • Options
    TransparentTransparent Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I think it would be awesome if everyone set up an account at brightkite.com and linked it to their twitter. BK makes location based awesomeness a million times better.

EDITJ also suggestion for the OP: recommended apps. I suggest Tiny Twitter on windows mobile and tweetdeck on computer.

Transparent on
    PAXtrain '10, let's do this!
  • Options
    ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I think it would be awesome if everyone set up an account at brightkite.com and linked it to their twitter. BK makes location based awesomeness a million times better.

EDITJ also suggestion for the OP: recommended apps. I suggest Tiny Twitter on windows mobile and tweetdeck on computer.

Good call. Is twitterberry the app of choice for crackberrys? What about android?

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • Options
    EmuSpawnEmuSpawn Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    @emuspawn

I hardly ever say anything, just...passively observe.

EmuSpawn on
  • Options
    DMmagicDMmagic PAX East Enforcer Springfield, MO, USARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'll throw my name in for 2009, since I'm already over-tweeting as it is:

@dmmagic

DMmagic on
  • Options
    TwinkieTwinkie Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    MeeOk wrote: »
    Twinkie wrote: »
    Wooopwoop!

Twinkie here: Lead Vocalist and Chef in Command of the disbanded House of Gaming, Dicktochat Master, Booty Shaker, Classy Lady.

@Twink13

.. I <3 you Twinkie

And I return the love two-fold! ;)

Twinkie on
  • Options
    BrennaCeDriaBrennaCeDria Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Awesome, you've already got me on there. I didn't scroll far down the list, but @Winyder should also be there if he isn't already; he's a friend my husband and I brought into our group that became the local PAX group and went with us last year as well. :D

BrennaCeDria on
  • Options
    cafeganeshacafeganesha Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I've changed my forum name to match my twitter/aim/msn/gmail/internets name, could you just make that little fix in the OP? (That my forum name is no longer nephthys) =))))

cafeganesha on
    @cafeganesha on PAX Twitter
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    ukiyo e wrote: »

Good call. Is twitterberry the app of choice for crackberrys? What about android?
    As far as Android apps, I see posts from twitdroid a lot.

Transparent on
  • Options
    RandomfoolRandomfool loofmodnar Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    You people and your fancy twitter phone apps. I'm stuck with texts and mobile web. :(

Randomfool on
    I do Pokecrawl things. Professor Team Instinct, Hufflepuff supporter.@loofmodnar

B4o6XD4.png
  • Options
    Pat McRotchPat McRotch Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Hey look, I'm on that list. Also, I have gained some followers in the last few days! That's right, give in to the mundane...:winky:

As for apps: I use Twinkle on the iPhone. The "nearby" feature can get a little interesting in my area. On the PC I use Teetdeck and/or Digsby. I have been bouncing between Digsby and Pidgin lately.

Pat McRotch on
    xPat+McR0tch.png
    patmcrotch.png
  • Options
    faitsfaits a panda eating cake seattleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Thanks for putting that together, ukiyo. Looking forward to having the inside word again this year on what is going down around the convention center.

faits on
    faits.png
  • Options
    HammyHammy Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    My twitter is @delerat
    I update every day or two with mostly uninteresting happenings in my life. They might eventually get interesting though :lol:

Hammy on
  • Options
    MrBartokomousMrBartokomous Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    @alkerton

I'm going to strongly advise we use a hashtag to keep track of all PAX related tweets... the twitter-oriented events I've been to in the past have taken advantage of them and it makes all the difference in the world.

#PAX09 seems like a natural choice... your thoughts?

MrBartokomous on
  • Options
    faitsfaits a panda eating cake seattleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    We used hashtags last year (I think it was just PAX or something) and I thought it worked well, especially since invariably there will be some people who aren't following/followed by other people etc etc.

faits on
    faits.png
  • Options
    CuZZaCuZZa Khoo's Epic Mount Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yeah #PAX09 seems natural, i'm going to also use some community ones for various events, #CCST09 #PPD09 and #TWDT09 for the CCST, Pre PAX Dinner and Tri-wizard Drinking Tournament.

CuZZa on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    The decided upon hashtags are definitely useful and should be in the OP.

Keep it simple. #pax was last year, I don't see any need to change it. Also #paxtrain, and I set up @paxtrain which will have news about the train trip and updates about goings on / location during the trip.

Another good thing for the op to mention is the @arcadiaprime twitter account. What is it? It will follow you back and it tweets whatever you direct message it. What for? Announcements. If you're interested in PAX but don't want to follow everyone it's a good one to follow. Also if everyone follows this account it's easy to go through its followers list and follow everyone if you want to.

Transparent on
  • Options
    dskaitlyndskaitlyn Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    @dskaitlyn

This year is my first PAX, yay!

dskaitlyn on
    "You know, you're a classic example of the inverse ratio between the size of the mouth and the size of the brain."
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I personally like seperating them into years with #PAX09 for this year. Also I see quite a few non-PAX related things when searching for #PAX. #PAX09 will allow for more accurate searches.

Hammy on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    dskaitlyn wrote: »
    @dskaitlyn

Oh man, Western Mass folk... they ain't right. ;)

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • Options
    Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    ukiyo e wrote: »
    dskaitlyn wrote: »
    @dskaitlyn

Oh man, Western Mass folk... they ain't right. ;)

It's true.

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    WinyderWinyder Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Awesome, you've already got me on there. I didn't scroll far down the list, but @Winyder should also be there if he isn't already; he's a friend my husband and I brought into our group that became the local PAX group and went with us last year as well. :D

Granted, anything you tweet to Brenna will inevitablely get to me anyway.

But yeah, @Winyder :P

Winyder on
  • Options
    Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    @benpaddon is me. Not sure if my girlfriend would like me spreading her Twitter handle around here, so I'll wait for her to pop in and give it herself if she wants to.

Squirminator2k on
    Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • Options
    ValoharthValoharth Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Well I'm @danielemmons

Valoharth on
    Valo+Harth.gif
  • Options
    zombiebotzombiebot Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Hey, Jeff, think you could also ad the information about @ArcadiaPrime to the post?

It's the account created to address all the Twitter Shitters en mass; you just follow it and send it a DM, and all those following will receive that.

zombiebot on
    Chelseabot, fell victim Quake III, aka "Girl Killer" in 2007.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    zombiebot wrote: »
    Hey, Jeff, think you could also ad the information about @ArcadiaPrime to the post?

It's the account created to address all the Twitter Shitters en mass; you just follow it and send it a DM, and all those following will receive that.

It's already there, just hidden by the spoiler. :)

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • Options
    SergeantAuberieSergeantAuberie Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    SergeantAuberie on
  • Options
    BrennaCeDriaBrennaCeDria Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    I should probably get one of these now that I have a phone with a real keyboard. It would be nice to twitter shit from the road on the way to PAX. Granted, outside of PAX and the CCST, I have no use for twitter, but it might be good for the week.

Yeah, that's about what I said last spring when I got my Twitter. Before getting it for PAX, I though it was one of the dumbest things on the net. Turns out all you need is an actual community that already uses Twitter to make it worth it. I'm currently at 4000-something posts, I think, and it's been just less than a year.

Other than that, I think I have everyone added that I didn't have already. Hubby and I are about 75% right now on our decision for PAX this year (school may be in my way, though) and even if I can't go, I want to be in on everything as it happens--after being there myself last year, just checking updates on Joystiq will never be enough again.

BrennaCeDria on
  • Options
    PsychoishPsychoish Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I changed my name on Twitter to immortalgame, because I wanted to keep it consistent with some other sites I use, so yeah.

Psychoish on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I should probably get one of these now that I have a phone with a real keyboard. It would be nice to twitter shit from the road on the way to PAX. Granted, outside of PAX and the CCST, I have no use for twitter, but it might be good for the week.

Yeah, that's about what I said last spring when I got my Twitter. Before getting it for PAX, I though it was one of the dumbest things on the net. Turns out all you need is an actual community that already uses Twitter to make it worth it. I'm currently at 4000-something posts, I think, and it's been just less than a year.

Other than that, I think I have everyone added that I didn't have already. Hubby and I are about 75% right now on our decision for PAX this year (school may be in my way, though) and even if I can't go, I want to be in on everything as it happens--after being there myself last year, just checking updates on Joystiq will never be enough again.

I too thought twitter was silly before PAX 08. But I used it, and you get to know people. Then I did a local search and started adding people in the Phoenix area. I found the twitter community here is fraking awesome. From gettogethers like this: http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/1845864/ and showing up to random invites I have a ton of new friends. Played disc golf this morning with one of them, had a decent game night with some others last night.

Transparent on
  • Options
    ValoharthValoharth Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

I never really found twitter all that silly myself, but I do agree with the whole comunity thing. I was on twitter almost half a year before I really started using it and it was another half before I joined the Twitter Shitters (Thank god I had, you people keep me sane and entertained).

Twitter for me has really turned into an all day conversation almost. There's a lot of fun to be had!

Valoharth on
    Valo+Harth.gif
  • Options
    DeusTrinitasDeusTrinitas Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I also think that we should stick to just #PAX. More people would search for that rather than #PAX09. I'm @mattmillsap, by the way.

DeusTrinitas on
  • Options
    DeusTrinitasDeusTrinitas Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Meh. Nevermind. The OP's been updated with #PAX09, so I guess that's what we should go with.

DeusTrinitas on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Meh. Nevermind. The OP's been updated with #PAX09, so I guess that's what we should go with.

Searching PAX gives a lot of random stuff. I figured PAX09 would be best.

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I think #PAX09 is a good idea, but can we change BYOC to something else, like #PAX_BYOC or something? I'm getting a lot of results from the company with the stock acronym BYOC.

DMmagic on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited February 2009
    #PAX_BYOC is a lot of extra shit to type

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited February 2009
    #PAX_BYOC is a lot of extra shit to type
    Set up an RSS of it in Google Reader and have that favorited? That's what I do.

DMmagic on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    We can use either. If you search hashtags for #PAX it will pick up both.

Hammy on
  • Options
    strongesthylianstrongesthylian Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So THIS is where all the twitter friend requests are coming from! Hello to everyone, and I hope to join the Twitter Meetup again and be a little less shy. Hopefully!

strongesthylian on
    Now known as Rondhi. Too lazy to make a new user account.