As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Secret!

2»

• Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited February 2007
    I don't think Khoo will have much time for ping-pong during PAX. As I understand, the man is EXTREMELY busy all weekend long and for a stretch before and after. However, a match onstage before saturday's cocert would be teh awesome.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• strangemusicstrangemusic Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    whypick1 wrote:
    That line would dwarf anything that has been seen any of the PAXes to date. Even the "line" with The Ball.

ok then, a huge raft of ping-pong tables!

strangemusic on
    "Always be wary of people who use quotes... I don't know who said that" - Murdoc Nicalls.
    Those Eve guys are creepy. :|
    edited February 2007
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    I don't think Khoo will have much time for ping-pong during PAX. As I understand, the man is EXTREMELY busy all weekend long and for a stretch before and after. However, a match onstage before saturday's cocert would be teh awesome.

Although...
    380788471_7efc72b449.jpg
    This, on stage, would be FREAKIN' AWESOME!

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• PolagoPolago Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:

Although...
    380788471_7efc72b449.jpg?v=0
    This, on stage, would be FREAKIN' AWESOME!

As much of a rawhide samurai viking manly man that Khoo is, this is the first thing I thought of when I saw that pic:

hardkhoowooowz3.jpg

Khoo: "HOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!"

Polago on
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2007

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • PolagoPolago Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Legacy wrote:

What? He looks like he's saying something like that as he swings. :D

Polago on
    edited February 2007
    He could be, or that could just be the face of AWESOME!

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Last year the Sumo lounge chairs were a huge hit and the one thing I noticed was was there were dozens of people in small groups sleeping on the sumos. My sugestion is have a large room or small ballroom just for people who want to crash on the sumos. You could make it like a lounge and it would be open after like 11 pm. A person could could stay there for a few hours if their roomate was throwing a big ass party or having casual, unprotected sex with multiple partners allover their stuff or something that would prevent them from going back to their room.

Also an Idea, Walk on Stand-up comedy. Gamers from the crowds can try their hand at comedy infront of a few judges; maybe Gabe, Tycho or other comedians like Demetri martin, The Amazing Johnathan, MC Chris or Zach Galifianakis. My friend andy told me they had something like this at Sakuracon last year(minus the judges) and he gets up their and worked the crowed pretty good. He opened with the quintessential Naruto Joke: "oh man, I just finished doing my yard and ...boy I wish my lawn was as emo as sasuke, then it could cut itself, am I right?" At an anime convention that joke works really well but I don't know about PAX.

Anyway, I'm just throwing my suggestions out there.

QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
    edited February 2007
    I seem to remember mention of something in the distant past along the lines of "Beat the Pros" or something like that. Where average gamers are pitted against industry giants. How about a tourney with a mix? I would personally love to play against Sid Meier (and get my ass stomped) in some Civ IV. That would probably be too long of a game, but it could be anything really.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I, Would foolishly humiliate myself for that cause.

QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
  • ToadTheMushroomToadTheMushroom Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Khoo and A sounds like the greatest thing ever.

Also, pitch your gaming idea in 30 seconds. But get some huge names up there. Id think Jaffe would be a hoot for that kind of thing.

Also, 'conviniently' I get to go to Pax this year. w00000t. For work of course but still, fucking Pax.

ToadTheMushroom on
    edited February 2007
    You know what I have to say about that? You should get your work to pay you to take the Cross-Country Supertrip... You know, for science.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited February 2007
    I actually don't think the Khoo and A is going to happen, sadly. Even though it was something like #6 in the polls, I think it would be slightly irresponsible of me to pull myself away for that long. Ah well.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • PRDPRD Kristin Lindsay I am a meat popsicle.Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I actually don't think the Khoo and A is going to happen, sadly. Even though it was something like #6 in the polls, I think it would be slightly irresponsible of me to pull myself away for that long. Ah well.

LIES. Think of all the times you disappear for an hour for interviews, and we haul out the Inflatable Robert Decoy and manage just fine.

PRD on
    edited February 2007
    LIES. Think of all the times you disappear for an hour for interviews, and we haul out the Inflatable Robert Decoy and manage just fine.

pwnd

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    You mean that whole time I was talking to the decoy?:cry:

Älphämönkëy on
  • ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Aww, man! Well, screw PAX. My only reason for going is gone.

Actually, if I can't have Robert, I have no reason to live...

*bang*

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
    edited February 2007
    You mean that whole time I was talking to the decoy?:cry:

Quite possibly. We wiggle it around occasionally, and set it up so that it's listening to voice mail messages. It's completely indistinguishable from the real Robert!

PRD on
  • slacktronslacktron Registered User regular
    edited February 2007

Aw, that's too bad, I really wanted to ask:

"How on Earth did you turn a couple of jokers writing comics on a web page into a profitable business?"

I mean, seriously: The content is free, the site doesn't ask for donations or whack us upside the head with advertisements, and you only recently took control of your own T-shirt sales from ThinkGeek. Yet we get thrice-weekly content, a fascinating forum, and conventions.

Personally, I find it an amazing win-win situation. Somehow, you guys are putting bread on the table, and all us readers aren't sending you money. What's the trick? Gold farmers?

slacktron on
    slacktron_zombie_fighter_sig.jpg
  • Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited February 2007
    Yes, the crux of the entire business plan are goldfarmers.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
    edited February 2007
    Well, now that the secret is out, I drop my demand for the Khoo and A. FOILED AGAIN.

PRD on
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I thought it was covered in a comic? magic fairies? remeber?

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2001/06/22

I also believe we need to drag khoo up for atleast one of the gabe and tycho panel sessions. khoo and A might be too long but even for half of the session might work.

Bwhahah, he might not escape this one.

Viscountalpha on
  • slacktronslacktron Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I thought it was covered in a comic? magic fairies? remeber?

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2001/06/22

Ah, thank you Viscount, now I think I've got a handle on the model:

1. Make on-line comic.
    2. Form gold-coin carrying farie cloud
    3. Readers/2 * honey - (3 * vanilla wafers) = $100^kabillion hojillion
    4. Send in more Goldfarmers!
    5. ???
    6. Profit!

slacktron on
    slacktron_zombie_fighter_sig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.