As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini Phalla] Castlephallia - Day 6 - Let us Begin Anew! (NEUTRAL VICTORY)

• Options
    FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Oh god, I didn't realize we closed this early. !vote Kime.

What's the vote count? Quickly!

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    VOTE CLOSED.

Now excuse me while I prepare the ritual needed to start Day 2

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Daius wrote: »
    VOTE CLOSED.

Now excuse me while I prepare the ritual needed to start Day 2

How many peasant girls will be slaughtered this evening?

Burnage on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Damn, too slow to flip through the past couple pages and get a general consensus. Apologies if I've broken any ties or screwed anyone over. Unless my vote was the right vote to make.

In which case, there we are.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Kime is always the right vote to make.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Well, that's what I was thinking when I placed it. But you know how every once in a while evidence somehow contradicts proven fact.

I just assume it's quantum.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    During most of the last hour of this I was driving home from work - I am not going to do well with the last-second bandwagoning that seems to be so popular nowadays.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Day 2 - Perhaps the same could be said of all Phallas.

The malignant silence that had blanketed the castle was broken aruptly as the drawbridge came crashing down. Behind it stood the greatest of the Belmont clan, each with their trusty whip Vampire Killer in hand. They looked at each other, shared a nod, and then ran in their seperate ways towards the heart of the castle.

Simon Belmont found himself in the Great Hallway. It seemed empty, which unnerved him greatly. Dracula usually filled the lower reaches of the castle with skeletons and animated armour, but here there was nothing but... a mirror. Near the middle of the hall on the wall stood a mirror in a gilded frame. He would not have given it a second look otherwise, but he felt troubled by it. Pondering for a second, he stood in front of it and tested it by moving his limbs. The mirror, quite characteristically, mirrored his every movement. Contented, he continued down the hallway. It was then that the demon Paranoia chose to strike. Leaping out of the mirror with incredible grace, he readied his fingers to shoot a laser through the Vampire Hunter’s skull. However it was too late. Simon was there, facing it with a satisfied smirk on his face. The whip cracked and within moments, The demon began to fade, the mirror bursting into a million shards of glass. As Paranoia faded before his eyes, Simon began to see something far more shocking. Standing behind the dying demon stood Dracula himself, hand outstretched from having drained Paranoia of it’s life force. Simon stumbled back in shock as The dark lord shook his head and tutted.
    “And such a pity, I was so hoping to have him all to myself.”
    Simon readied his whip. “Have at thee, Vile Beast!”
    “Oh please. You aren’t ready to fight me. You should have shattered that mirror the moment you saw it. When you learn the basics, THEN you can challenge me.”
    With this Dracula transformed into a swarm of bats and flew down the hall and out of site, leaving Simon utterly speechless.

Richter Belmont had chosen a different path, into the castle’s subterranean caves. It was dank, it was grimy, but suprisingly there were no Mermen. “There are always Mermen” he thought to himself, deeply concerned by the whole situation. Eventually he found his way to a narrow hole in the floor. Seeing no other paths. He jumped down.
    At the bottom there was another Richter Belmont.
    “You!”
    “Yes Richter. Recognize me?”
    “It can’t be...”
    “I’m the Doppelganger Richter. I’m afraid you might just have met your match.”
    “Never!”
    The real Richter lunged forward with his whip, but all too late realised the severity of his mistake. The Doppelganger mirrored his actions exactly, leaving them both standing with huge gashes in their torso. Richter fell to his knees, doubling over in pain. The Doppelganger did likewise.
    “You monster! No...I can’t die like this...”
    “I set the trap and you fell for it, hook line and sinker. Master Dracula...I hope I was a worthy sacrifice...
    And so there, on the cold cave floor. Lay both corpses of Ricter Belmont.

Deep in the bowels of the castle, another figure was on the move. He went by the name Graham Jones, a missionary who sought to control the power of Dracula’s castle. Now he had been drawn here, and the evil energy was stronger than it had ever been. Now he was ready to accept it.
    “Oh great Castlevania!” he cried, hands wide in front of the shrine. “I am here, the reincarnation of your Lord Dracula! I am ready to accept your power, and control you once more! Flow, flow into me!
    So that’s exactly what the castle did. The power surged into him. One moment he was truly the most powerful being ever to have existed; a microsecond later his guts entrails covered the walls of the shrine like a thin layer of paint. The castle had spoken. There would be no pretenders to the throne.

As Alucard sat against the castle wall, he prepared himself. He was now going to try and transmit his thoughts over the castle. He hoped to see through the castle into the soul of another and call out to them.
    He thought of his target and spoke.
    But the words came out so very, very wrong.
    "Hello, castle! It's me, Freeagent! I'm Alucard!"
    Hearing the words, he recoiled in horror. How the hell did that happen?! He'd thought of a target clear as day, yet those words came out of his mouth? "There is something amiss", he thought. "Something in this castle is controlling me." But he had no time to ponder this. He had to run. Because the castle hungered.

THOSE WHO HAVE DIED TODAY
    Eganrub - Paranoia - Killed by both Simon Belmont and Dracula
    DasUberEdward - Doppelganger - Killed By Richter Belmont
    Ohtsam - Richter Belmont - Doppelganger'd
    BlueBlue - Graham Jones - Killed by the Will of the Castle

THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN REVEALED
    FreeAgent - Alucard - Publically revealed...himself?

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    SticksSticks I'd rather be in bed.Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Well then

Sticks on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Double teamed? Seriously guys?

ooOOOOooooOOOOOoo

Burnage on
  • Options
    OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    oo00ooo0ooo0
    Godammit
    FUCK

oo0ooo0ooo0

Ohtsam on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Whoa, Ohtsam, I don't know what that ghost post means, but I'd recommend editing it. Anything that might influence people one way or another later on is a definite "bad thing" to do.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    oOOooOoO
    Hey guys guess what I think I figured out part of my ability.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    !FreeAgent until further explanation. He stinks of neutrality.

jackisreal on
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Guys, let's not get into a neutral-killing fest here. These guys can be useful.

FreeAgent, explain yourself or face the vote!

Rainfall on
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    jackisreal wrote: »

What makes a man turn Neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

What makes a man turn Neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?

If I die, tell my wife I said "Hello."

I'm gone for the next 15 hours, so behave yourselves people. And please remember to retract your previous vote if you're changing it.
    It's those little personal touches that make all the difference <3

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Look, all I know is that my gut says--maybe.

:D

jackisreal on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Rainfall wrote: »

Are you a neutral? That sounds like the talk of neutrality.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Too bad Spectre isn't in here, he would know what to do.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Toxic Toys wrote: »

Are you a neutral? That sounds like the talk of neutrality.

No, I just remember the terrible lesson of the last Vampire phalla, where the village went neutral-mad and ignored all the bad guys. And then lost.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Ohtsam wrote: »
    oo00ooo0ooo0
    Godammit
    FUCK

oo0ooo0ooo0

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Cool, one down, four to go. Nice sacrifice DUE, we'll remember you!

Not gonna go with FreeAgent for now, though. Yes, he is probably neutral. But for one thing, I don't like going after neutrals. The village tends witch-hunt them way too easily, and I dislike blind witch hunts. Also, his ability appears to be. . . what? A public reveal? That's fine with me, he can have fun seering people, gives us more info.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I agree with kime. The doppleganger thing was pretty awesome, and the Graham Jones thing was mostly hilarious. I take it Blue was killed by the vote?

!delroland is made of wood. Thinking of staking some vampires, are we, del? Plus, I bet he doesn't even have any tasty insides. You're just striking all kinds of out, aren't you?

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • Options
    delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    You, sir, are a poop-face.

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    delroland wrote: »
    You, sir, are a poop-face.

Truly an insult only a stupid Belmont could come up with.

Delroland

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    And that was a wonderful retort. delroland, you have won my vote, who do you want it on?

(I reserve the right to change it when it actually matters of course.)

@The_Reflection: Obviously we are just not on the same brainwaves for either of these Phallas. Stop going against my fun!

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    !Toxic Toys

So says me gut

Gumpy on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I take it Blue was killed by the vote?

This is correct.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    MicroMicro Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Can you confirm what the different colours mean?

Micro on
  • Options
    delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    !The_Reflection, a little quick to jump on bandwagons, aren't we?

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Micro wrote: »

Check the Day 1 narration. It's pretty clear that the Belmonts(mafia) are red, the Others(neutrals) are light blue, and that leaves the denizens of our Lord's Castle(village) as green.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    MicroMicro Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Micro wrote: »

Check the Day 1 narration. It's pretty clear that the Belmonts(mafia) are red, the Others(neutrals) are light blue, and that leaves the denizens of our Lord's Castle(village) as green.

I said 'confirm'. Not 'tell'.

Micro on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Perhaps the host considers us to have decent reading comprehension skills?

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Haha, what a foolish host.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I KNOW I'M NOT A BRILLIANT WRITER, EVERYTHING'S VAGUE AND THE ROLE PMs WERE FULL OF TYPOS BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Red indicates one of the Belmont Clan.
    Cyan indicates other characters that do not serve Dracula or the Belmonts.
    Lime indicates Villagers, both regular and special.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    We were kidding, silly. The coloring was rather obvious.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    delroland wrote: »
    !The_Reflection, a little quick to jump on bandwagons, aren't we?

I didn't think it was much of a bandwagon with only one vote. You got defensive real quick, though.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    kime wrote: »
    We were kidding, silly. The coloring was rather obvious.

In all fairness, there was room for doubt whether Lime denoted the village in general or just village specials. I need to make sure nothing crops up late in the game from now that'll bite me in the arse.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I think I'm going to have to !vote The_Reflection for the time being. He seems more suspicious than del, and I am perpetually wary of neutral massacring. As has become obvious in the intervening hours, it is correct that I am a neutral, and not overly pleased at the current turn of events. But such is unlife.

Every other day I can publicly seer someone. On the other day, I do something else, which will become readily apparent when narration arrives. Needless to say, I didn't pick myself, so either a) the person I targeted reflected my ability, or b) someone else did. Assuming "a," the person I targeted knows who they are, and they have until the end of the day to contact me and explain themselves, lest I be forced to reveal their identity to the public. Now, off to work, and hopefully back again before vote close.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]