As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Unable to connect to wireless router

YaYaYaYa Decent.Registered User regular
I've been running my upstairs computer's internet access through a wireless router for several years, and for the last few days I've been able to connect to the router but haven't been able to obtain an IP address, and being told I have "limited or no connectivity".

The wireless router is working with other wireless connections in the house, so I think it's my computer's problem. Running XP with Service Pack 2, the wireless router is a D-Link Airplus G+

YaYa on

• Options
    RookRook Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Turn everything off and on again.
    Check the settings in the router haven't changed for some reason.
    Manually enter your IP address.

Rook on
  • Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Make sure your computer isn't trying to force a static IP that is outside the router's range or is already taken by something else.

tsmvengy on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ScrubletScrublet Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Strangely enough, my roommate who moved into the house three weeks ago has the same problem. Also a D-Link (forget the exact type), also XP SP2. One thing I was able to do was check his security settings and it turns out his computer wasn't trying to use WEP (which it needed to for this network). So try that. However, this only fixed the problem half the time...he still gets connectivity issues here and there.

Scrublet on
    subedii wrote: »
    I hear PC gaming is huge off the coast of Somalia right now.

PSN: TheScrublet
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Done all of those, nothing.

YaYa on