As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BSG Boardgame] Game 4 - Game Over: Cylon Victory

1111213141517»

• Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Unfortunately, there seems to be a bit of a problem with food in the fleet:
    MrBlarney wrote:
    Food Shortage

President must choose:
    A) -2 Food.
    OR
    B) -1 Food. The President discards 2 Skill Cards, then the current player discards 3 Skill Cards.

Unless I'm missing something, that's game.

Darian on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Turn 42: Lee "Apollo" Adama (Darian)

Action Step: Activate location to draw two Crisis Cards and play one.

Crisis Step: Food Shortage

President Tom Zarek (DevoutlyApathetic) must choose:
    A) -2 Food.
    OR
    B) -1 Food. President Tom Zarek (DevoutlyApathetic) discards 2 Skill Cards.

No matter what DevoutlyApathetic chooses, the Food resource will be depleted to 0.

The hardships the fleet has faced have taken a complete toll on its people and its supplies. Through the chaos, the food and water reserves are depleted to critical levels. With starvation hitting the fleet, there is no chance for its people to continue moving, and humanity's last hope fades in the darkness of space...

Cylons are victorious on Turn 42, via depletion of the Food resource!

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Good game, everyone, and thanks to MrBlarney for hosting this.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    A couple of interesting notes from the hosting seat:

If Darian had played his Super Crisis on Turn 32, the game would have ended at that point - the remaining human players would not have had enough power on their Skill Cards to overcome the check, especially with the meddling of the Cylon players.

If Maddoc had not scouted on Turn 34, or kept the scouted card on the top of the Crisis Deck, then there would have been three Activate Basestars turns in a row - five locations would have been damaged, including the FTL Control, putting the Galactica in a critical position on the edge of destruction by damage, resources, and boarding party.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    So, what you are saying is that we're friendly toasters?

Darian on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I guess what I'm saying is, stop playing with your food? Of course, you had no idea that the cards they had were mostly very low in nature. However, Maddoc has no such excuse. The scouted crisis would have resulted in mandatory loss of a resource, and had no jump preparation on top of the Basestar attack. Tsk, tsk.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Baltar!

Darian on
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    In hindsight, I probably should have left the crisis on top, but I was fishing for Raider activations, and the loss would have only been -1 Morale. (Their highest by a wide margin) In short I got greedy and it bit me in the ass, I certainly wasn't expecting so many basestar activations in a row however.

Sadly, both my Cylon reveal and my Super Crisis were largely useless towards the end. :|

Great game though everyone, I had a lot of fun.

Maddoc on
  • Options
    abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Good game everyone, had a good deal of fun with it. Thanks for hosting MrBlarney!

abotkin on
    steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yeah. I'm honestly still in disbelief that we were able to jump from that big cylon fleet. Good game though to all, and well played.

Rend on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    It was very good fun to watch; I almost thought the humies were going to make it near the end!

Wildcat on
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    We pretty much had it in the bag until the cylon assaults all came at the exact same time.

Rend on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, generally you're better off if you get attacked each jump cycle rather than all the attacks stacking up later in the deck.

In other news, the fleet in my game just got attacked for the first time in three jumps, followed by Apollo revealing and then another skin job outing himself without actually revealing. Eerily similar.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    ... all of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again?

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    ... all of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again?

Not on my watch

El Skid on