As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mini Phalla] Castlephallia - Day 6 - Let us Begin Anew! (NEUTRAL VICTORY)

• DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Daius wrote: »
    Vote closes in 10 minutes.

Edit: Aaaaand closed.

Why didn't you just make a new post? That way you can say "No votes count after this point."

Well the only vote after the time was for TR, and let's be honest it doesn't make a whole lot of difference whether that's counted or not.

Day 3 starts really soon I promise.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    OoooOooooo
    Oh I died from the vote the first day? Shit. Disregard my previous deadpost.
    ooOooooooO

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Day 3 - I am become Death.

Simon Belmont entered the ballroom, and before him was a giant wooden spider with a face distorted into a twisted grin. It was suspended from the ceiling by wires, because that was its very nature; this monster was the Puppet Master.
    “Hahahaha! I’m so glad you can join me human! I have watched over you for so, so long.”
    The demon produced a mannequin from one of his outstretched hands, in the exact appearance of the vampire hunter.
    “How I have enjoyed pulling on your strings! Tell me Mr Belmont, do you like to dance?” With this, the Puppet Master started controlling the marionette. Simon tried to fight it, but it was no use. He danced and danced, as the Puppet Master giggled malevolently. Suddenly, his tone became severe.
    “I’m sorry that play time has to end so soon Mr Belmont, but Lord Dracula is very, very cross about you being in the castle. So we can’t let you go, can we?”
    Simon suddenly found himself holding the whip in his two hands in front of him, and wrapped it around his neck. Before he could protest, the Puppet Master has yanked Marionette’s whip, leaving Simon Belmont garrotted on the floor.

Julius Belmont was in trouble. As he backed up against the wall of the arena he saw what he had dreaded; demon after demon passing through the door, gathering around the other side of the room, trapping him. They lined up, in a way you could almost call orderly, and stared deep into his soul. Julius’ voice faltered as he addressed them all.
    “You don’t have me let! I am Julius Belmont, of proud Vampire Hunter tradition, and I swear I will take each and everyone one of you monsters on. I SWEAR BY ALMIGHTY GOD I WILL NOT GO DOWN WITHOUT A FIGHT!”
    The silence in the arena was deafening. It was only interrupted 10 seconds later by a low slow chuckle from the back of the crowd. At once the group of demons parted and knelt in reverence, as The Dark Lord Dracula stepped forward.
    “I’m afraid there won’t be any fighting today, Julius. We wouldn’t want to waste the effort on the likes of you.”
    Julius’ eyes burnt like flame as he saw the vampire walk towards him. He hand went for his whip, only to grasp at thin air.
    “Oh, are you looking for something? I think you’ll find it’s...over there.” Dracula pointed down the corridor that had led into the arena. There lay the whip, dropped in the careless rush to escape. “In mere moments this castle will destroy you like the germ you are. You may want to choose your final words carefully.”
    Julius sighed, gathered his thoughts and spoke. “We w-“
    As the swirling pillar of flame shot down from the ceiling and engulfed the interloper, the rest of his speech dissolved into screams of anguish. As the flames dissipated, all that remained of Julius Belmont was a pile of bones.

Dracula turned to the mass of demons and spoke.
    “You have done well my minions! At this rate, our ultimate victory over mankind will be soon at hand! Let me gaze upon you, who hath gathered in my presence!”
    The ranks of demons spread, and the dark lord paced along the centre of the arena. He stopped abruptly halfway, his eyes focusing with anger upon one particular member of the group.
    “You!”
    Dracula strode towards the figure, standing before him and looking him purposefully in the eye.
    “What exactly do you think you are doing here?”
    “Braaaiiiins.”
    “I summon, from the very depths of hell, all of the greatest demons, and you DARE to infiltrate their ranks.
    “Braaaiiiiinns!” replied the Zombie, staring back at Dracula with pus-crusted, lidless eyes.
    “I will teach you for making a mockery of my army of the damned!”
    Dracula’s hand plunged into the chest of the zombie, plucking from it a decayed heart. He took a bite out of it like and apple and threw the remains violently to the floor. The zombie looked down slowly at the hole in its torso, looked once again into Dracula’s eyes, and fell to pieces.
    Dracula turned his back to the crowd. “You are all dismissed.” The demons filed out, leaving Dracula alone in the arena with the two corpses. Suddenly, a bell tolled. Dracula fell to his knees. A tragedy had just occurred.

Juste Belmont tried to catch his breath as he scaled the last flight of stairs in the clock tower. It had been a long climb, but he knew there had to be something up here. As he entered the main room, he discovered just how right. Floating in front of the bell was the solemn figure of Death, scythe in hand.
    “I have been expecting you, Belmont child.”
    “Death. It is by your master’s work that we have been brought here?”
    “I played my part too. But the force of the ceremony separated us. I cannot locate him.”
    Juste smirked. “I guess that leaves you a might vulnerable.”
    “I am more than a match for you mortal. My scythe has grown rusty from disuse. Perhaps a taste of your blood will do the trick...”
    Death lunged forward, Scythe swinging down towards Juste’s head. The Belmont rolled to avoid it. He swung his whip, wrapping it around Death’s blade. He pulled, but Death gripped upon the shaft tightly.
    “You are a fool if you believe you can separate me from my scythe, child!”
    Juste thrashed the whip wildly at the spectre, but to no avail. Death parried and blocked each swing with ease.
    “Is that all you’ve got?”
    “Not quite.” Replied Juste, as he proceeded to fling a vial of holy water into the skeletal face of Death. As his foe recoiled, the young Belmont seized the moment and smashed the scythe out of his hand, embedding it in the bell. Its toll shook the castle as Death fell to the floor, fading out of existence.
    “No! Master...I’m sorry. I can no longer protect you...”
    He began to crumble, and soon there was nothing left of Dracula’s second in command than a pile a dust.

THOSE WHO HAVE DIED TODAY
    B:L - Simon Belmont - Forced to commit suicide by Puppet Master
    The_Reflection - Julius Belmont - Killed by the Will of the Castle
    Witchdoctor, DBM - Zombie (Nega-voter) - Killed by Dracula
    Gumpy - Death (Protector) - Killed by Juste Belmont

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I like the narrations!

Anyways, 3 Belmonts dead, yes? So 2 to go?

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT

Simon B:Lmont is Never Evil!

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    edited February 2009
    Obviously that changed :P.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    OOOOooOoOOOOoooooooOOOOoOOooooooOOoOoooooooo

Dracula, you cunt! All I talked about was eating brains and you kill me? How does that make sense?

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    B:L wrote: »
    WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT

Simon B:Lmont is Never Evil!

You're absolutely right. Too bad the village is evil in this game.

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So I was going to bring this up tomorrow regardless, but B:L contacted me today after I voted for The Reflection congratulating me on finding a bad guy and saying that myself, him, and Wildcat should totally be networked now since we caught a bad guy. I was confused and suspicious because I had no reason to trust him.

Now the dilemma is what do wo do about his implication that he and Wildcat were working together?

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
    edited February 2009
    So I was going to bring this up tomorrow regardless, but B:L contacted me today after I voted for The Reflection congratulating me on finding a bad guy and saying that myself, him, and Wildcat should totally be networked now since we caught a bad guy. I was confused and suspicious because I had no reason to trust him.

Now the dilemma is what do wo do about his implication that he and Wildcat were working together?

!Wildcat sounds good, unless he was being duped as well. We'll probably have to kill you, too, just to be sure.

delroland on
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Why in the world would B:L pull a stunt like that? Oh right, he's crazy.

It's a better lead than no lead, and I missed my vote yesterday so I'll !Wildcat today.

Rainfall on
    edited February 2009
    Full disclosure, PM quote tree goes like this:
    B:L wrote:
    It seems you figured out what Wildcat and I did at the same time. :lol:

Let me know if you need any help. I think Kime is a neutral but not sure which way he leans.

I have no idea what you're talking about and now I'm very confused.

This is the Castlephallia, yes? The other two I'm in you're either not in or dead.

Castlephallia yes.

I still don't know what I did, but woooo!

You, Wildcat, and I caught The_Reflection red-handed!

Red with demon blood!

So why do I have a network just because we all voted for The_Reflection? Or are you just proposing that we act in concert?

I figure that we all figured it out because we're smart villagers.

I think it's pretty safe for me to share any info I find with you.

I was a bit confused.

enlightenedbum on
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    That sounds like B:L to me.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
    edited February 2009
    He implicated that you three were in concert when he talked with me, too. What to take from that, though, dunno yet.

(The specific stuff that's relevant:
    Most, if not all, of the villagers are boss type demons, like Paranoia. Enlightenedbum figured it out first and Wildcat and I saw it at the same time.

Good stuff to know.
    )

Also, you could have edited out the stuff with me in it :|.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    OK Wildcat , you need to be leaving the castle by the way of pain.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
    edited February 2009
    There is the thing that by doing this we're essentially trusting an outed baddie. That's why I didn't immediately for him.

enlightenedbum on
    edited February 2009
    There is the thing that by doing this we're essentially trusting an outed baddie. That's why I didn't immediately for him.
    No we aren't. B:L was never in this game an "outed" baddie. Anything he said, any votes he made, those should all be taken into consideration. He didn't know he was going to die (I assume), we didn't know he was bad, so he was in no way "outed."

kime on
    Steam profile
    edited February 2009
    kime wrote: »
    No we aren't. B:L was never in this game an "outed" baddie. Anything he said, any votes he made, those should all be taken into consideration. He didn't know he was going to die (I assume), we didn't know he was bad, so he was in no way "outed."

I have to cover my own ass a little here. I mean obviously he was talking to me the same way.

I'll vote for !Wildcat though and hope you guys don't decide to kill me tomorrow.

enlightenedbum on
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

I have to cover my own ass a little here. I mean obviously he was talking to me the same way.

I'll vote for !Wildcat though and hope you guys don't decide to kill me tomorrow.

Won't promise it because I'm bitter right now. :x

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
    edited February 2009

Yeah, sorry, but if Wildcat dies today, you die tomorrow. I can't see a good reason why you shouldn't? Can you give an unbiased reason why you are different than Wildcat?

kime on
    Steam profile
    edited February 2009

Yeah, sorry, but if Wildcat dies today, you die tomorrow. I can't see a good reason why you shouldn't? Can you give an unbiased reason why you are different than Wildcat?

I came forward with the information and could easily foresee you guys lynching me for it. It's a show of good faith.

enlightenedbum on
    edited February 2009

I came forward with the information and could easily foresee you guys lynching me for it. It's a show of good faith.
    Information that you had no reason to suspect others didn't have. Which others did have. But yeah, good point. 'course, you also kept info about me in there, meanie.

kime on
    Steam profile
    edited February 2009

Information that you had no reason to suspect others didn't have. Which others did have. But yeah, good point. 'course, you also kept info about me in there, meanie.

I kept B:L's suspicion about you being a neutral in there. Are you saying he was right?

enlightenedbum on
    edited February 2009
    I kept B:L's suspicion about you being a neutral in there. Are you saying he was right?
    Nah, he was trying to take any suspicion off me. I'm actually one of the two remaining Belmonts, RAWR!

(I'm not. Please don't kill me :|.)

kime on
    Steam profile
  • ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So, is today the day I die because people start suspecting me of something because of my low activity?

Zandracon on
    edited February 2009
    !Zandracon

That guy has totally been inactive.

delroland on
  • MicroMicro Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I know what you are Kime.

Micro on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

I am rather shocked, given that I have not been working with anyone in this phalla. Can I ask what exactly B:L said? Is it possible that he just meant that we were some of the voters on T_R? After all, I voted for him straight after his reveal, pointing out that the narration did not support what he was claiming to be (and yes, I know you should never put too much stock in the narration, but it made me very suspicious). Vote number five for T_R, by my count.

Wildcat on
    edited February 2009
    Micro wrote: »
    I know what you are Kime.
    pfft, you wish. You have no idea who I am!

And Wildcat, the PMs have already been posted.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • SticksSticks I'd rather be in bed.Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Unfortunately, Wildcat its a lead worth pursuing. Its possible he was just trying to muddy the waters by linking various groups of people together, but we'll know for sure if we vote you off today.

Sticks on
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Sorry about the low attendance yesturday, I was away from my computer last night

Don't look at me like that Daius

I had to do what little I did on matt's

Gumpy on
    edited February 2009
    Ah, I see it now.
    He implicated that you three were in concert when he talked with me, too. What to take from that, though, dunno yet.

(The specific stuff that's relevant:
    Most, if not all, of the villagers are boss type demons, like Paranoia. Enlightenedbum figured it out first and Wildcat and I saw it at the same time.

Good stuff to know.
    )

Also, you could have edited out the stuff with me in it :|.
    You realise he's just pointing out that we posted one after each other, yes?

Edit: and Sticks, I don't think that he was; regardless, it seems to be having that effect, annoyingly.

Wildcat on
    edited February 2009
    enlightenedbum had a quote tree too which is probably more relevant, Wildcat. Just FYI.

And yeah, there's nothing solid there. But it does look slightly incriminating that he pointed you out in a positive manner to two separate people.

kime on
    Steam profile
    edited February 2009
    So I called out The_Reflection immediately after his first 'reveal' for what reason, then?

Edit: and as I haven't seen this quote tree I can hardly comment on it.

Wildcat on
    edited February 2009
    It's on the previous page. You are being bandwagoned because of it. Really, the least you can do is read a page or so to get your own defense :|.
    Full disclosure, PM quote tree goes like this:
    It seems you figured out what Wildcat and I did at the same time. :lol:

Let me know if you need any help. I think Kime is a neutral but not sure which way he leans.

I have no idea what you're talking about and now I'm very confused.

This is the Castlephallia, yes? The other two I'm in you're either not in or dead.

Castlephallia yes.

I still don't know what I did, but woooo!

You, Wildcat, and I caught The_Reflection red-handed!

Red with demon blood!

So why do I have a network just because we all voted for The_Reflection? Or are you just proposing that we act in concert?

I figure that we all figured it out because we're smart villagers.

I think it's pretty safe for me to share any info I find with you.

I was a bit confused.

kime on
    Steam profile
    edited February 2009
    All right, and thank you to 'View First Unread' for apparently letting me skip half a page of posts. :(

All the same, I have now read them and all I can see is someone saying 'oh look we all figured it out at once aren't we smart?'. I realise that bandwagons take very little to get them started, but at the same time I've an obligation to the village to warn it when it is making a mistake.

Wildcat on
  • MicroMicro Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Have we, as the village, yet decided how we want to deal with neutrals?

Micro on
    edited February 2009
    I don't think so, no.

Wildcat on
    edited February 2009
    Micro wrote: »
    Have we, as the village, yet decided how we want to deal with neutrals?
    Witch hunt, witch hunt! We all love witch hunts! Gogogo!

And yeah Wildcat, "View first post" can be annoying. . . What do you suggest, though? A baddie, before he died and before anyone knew he was bad, spoke of you in a positive manner to several people privately. You've got to admit it's a better lead than nothing, right? But really, shout out your suspicions too, what evidence do you have for anyone else?

kime on
    Steam profile
    edited February 2009
    Oh, I appreciate that it is not the best situation for me to be in. All I can do is what I am doing - pointing out that I was the one who called T_R out on his reveal. You'll also note that I was not copied in to any of those PMs, even though I was supposed to be so trustworthy to B:L, and he certainly didn't contact me separately.

As for my own suspicions, I am legendarily bad at choosing (I'm still sorry for Phalla of the Three Kingsoms, MrB!), but I'll give it some thought.

Hurm. I think I'll go warm up thetheroo's favourite catchphrase; I suspect I shall have need of it.

Wildcat on