As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Canadian PAX Participants

• Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited March 2005
    Zonkytonkman,

Yea the clipper is from a differnt city than Vancouver... you could have to take a bus from downtown vancouver to Victoria... which would involve another ferry trip (1 1/2 hours) and then once your in Vic the clipper terminal is only about a 10 min walk away.... but it's $100 return and a 2 - 21/2 hour trip.... that's alot of boat time.....

but hey... if you wanna make the tirp all the way to Vic.. you're welcome to join us!!

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    ZonkytonkmanZonkytonkman Registered User regular
    edited March 2005
    SamllLady wrote:
    Zonkytonkman,

Yea the clipper is from a differnt city than Vancouver... you could have to take a bus from downtown vancouver to Victoria... which would involve another ferry trip (1 1/2 hours) and then once your in Vic the clipper terminal is only about a 10 min walk away.... but it's $100 return and a 2 - 21/2 hour trip.... that's alot of boat time.....

but hey... if you wanna make the tirp all the way to Vic.. you're welcome to join us!!

The more complex this trip gets the more intrigued I am by it....
    2 and a half hours isn't that long on a boat. The one from NL to the main land is something like 12 hours or more, depending on where you get it.

EDIT: Thanks for the invite though, if I do make it out your way maybe i'll take you up on that.

Zonkytonkman on
  • Options
    LeeLee Registered User regular
    edited March 2005
    Hey Ani_B, I sent you a PM. Did you get it?

Lee on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited March 2005
    Where are you at?: Edmonton, AB
    How many days are you going for?: All of PAX, probably a 6 or 7 day trip total
    Do you have a ride?: Probably renting a van and it will more than likely be full.
    Do you have a room?: I have a tent, does that count?
    Other necessary info: No parking on the dance floor.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited March 2005
    Where are you at?: Surrey, BC
    How many days are you going for?: the whole thing.
    Do you have a ride?: no ride as of yet,
    Do you have a room?: no room yet,
    Other necessary info: i count as two people also, i've got a friend tagging along with me.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    NintoNinto Registered User regular
    edited March 2005
    I think we're carpooling it from Victoria (me and gf)- anybody want a ride? Based on last year, it'll cost $30-$60 per person for gas/ferry, depending on how many of us there are.

Ninto on
  • Options
    edited March 2005
    hmm, a moment of your time to think something through. now, victoria is an island, and cars are not submersible... so logic would assume that you, Ninto would use a ferry to get to either the Tsawwassen ferry terminal or Horseshoe Bay. also, this would suggest that you would drive past or through vancouver in order to get to seattle... allowing you to pick up vancouverites.

long story short can my friend and i bum a ride =D? we can pay for gas 'n food n' such.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    NintoNinto Registered User regular
    edited March 2005
    It's not really bumming a ride if you're paying :)

I can take Vancouverites, sure, but only if they can help subsidize the ferry too. Otherwise my fellow Victorians will get preference...

Ninto on
  • Options
    edited March 2005
    fair enough, we'll help pay the ferry ticket if it means getting a ride :D

Unknown User on
  • Options
    GlaskenGlasken Registered User regular
    edited March 2005
    Where are you at?: Delta, BC (Again basically Vancouver)
    How many days are you going for?: I'll be there Friday Morning until Sunday when they kick my ass all hopped up on Red Bull out.
    Do you have a ride?: Yup, my beater '86 Prelude
    Do you have a room?: Got one in the DoubleTree
    Other necessary info: I am going down with my four buddies, so hotel and car is full. I also plan on playing WoW and trying D&D for the first time, and maybe getting back into some Magic.

Glasken on
  • Options
    edited March 2005
    I"m hearing of alot of people leaving sunday evening... so out of courosity, who's staying Sunday night as well??

(my group is leaving Monday moring)

and what kick ass things do we wanna do sunday night???

SmallLady

SmallLady on
  • Options
    ShurakaiShurakai Registered User regular
    edited March 2005
    I want to go to this thing so bad.
    I really wish it wasnt at the very end of August, thats most likley exactly around the time my grade 12 year starts (im not sure though, it might be September something)

Ride: Nope, Not yet
    What days: If i were to actually go, hopefully all of them. If not, Saturday.
    Room: Notta
    Other Crap: Im planning on bringing along my best friend, and I dont have my fucking drivers lisence yet (god damb tests)

Shurakai on
  • Options
    AvenroshAvenrosh Registered User regular
    edited March 2005
    Where are you at? Cranbrook, BC
    How many days are you going for? 3 days.
    Do you have a ride? Yes.
    Do you have a room? Yes.
    Other necessary info: If anyone needs a place to crash there, PM me.

Avenrosh on
  • Options
    edited March 2005
    EDITS IN RED

Where are you at? Port Alberni, BC
    How many days are you going for? Not exactly sure yet probably all 3
    Do you have a ride? Yes
    Do you have a room? No but planning on reserving after payday :D
    Other necessary info: Contant me via email or msn if you are in the nanaimo area. Also, I am looking for a Battlefield team, so if you are into it we can start practicing as soon as they announce whether it will be a BF2 tourney or a DC tourney. Also, I hate the fact that the D&D tourney's are all booked. D&D tourney expanded, Me and my other friend from Port here have entered Fighter Division A and Open Division.

EDIT: Also looking to play a bit of WoW while I'm there. Ner'zhul Server Horde - Olozug 43 Orc Rogue.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited March 2005
    Hey Olorin,

If you don't get a ride... and you can get a bus down to vic, 6 of us from Vic are taking to Victoria Clipper to Seattle.. then it's only a 18min cab ride to the hotel.. or 30 min city bus ride.... depending how much cash you wanna spend!

anyways. you're welcome to join us!!

Cheers,

SmallLady

SmallLady on
  • Options
    edited March 2005
    Hey thanks for the offer! My buddy has a car and we need to get our PC's across the strait too. I just got his confirmation that he wants to come and now we are gonna be in 2 of the 4 D&D division tournaments. So we will take his car across that way we can get the PCs over. If you want to co-orespond with us (since I am very new to these forums) you can visit my website at http://doe.guildportal.com and post in the thread there titled, "Me and Lucas are in one of the Biggest D&D tournaments in north america". hehe, What else I need is to find a team or potential team for BF tourny. But we aren't even sure if its a BF2 or DC tourny yet, gotta wait for BF2 to come out (if it hasn't yet) and after the tourny is announced (cause we don't know how big of a team we need or anything yet) I really need to get a team together for it. Anyhows you can MSN me if you like as well, oberon69@shaw.ca. I check my website forums every day too though. We can start a whole forum there for Islanders attending PAX if you want. Let me know, you can send mail to Olozug on my website too if you want and I will get back to you that way.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    AndwarfAndwarf Registered User regular
    edited March 2005
    Where are you at?: Richmond, BC (Well, UVic at the moment, but I live in Richmond)
    How many days are you going for?: All three.
    Do you have a ride?: Almost certainly.
    Do you have a room?: I'm not sure. Something will happen. If not, I can always just not sleep and roam the streets. I might be useless come the third day, there, though.
    Other necessary info: For all of you who play 'The Game', I just lost.

Andwarf on
    Most inanimate objects find me at least mildly agreeable!
  • Options
    AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    edited March 2005
    I just pre-registered. I'll try and catch the clipper with you guys if thats alright, I'll have my PC with me, hopefully in a nice easy to carry package (I am devising something)

Aridhol on
  • Options
    edited March 2005
    Aridhol, You are more than welcome to join us!!!

Cheers!

Small

SmallLady on
  • Options
    ZyzzyvasZyzzyvas Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    Where are you at?: Victoria, BC
    How many days are you going for?: The whole thing.
    Do you have a ride?: Well I was going to carpool it with my friend, but it turns out the Canadian Nationals for Magic the Gathering is the same weekend and he wants to go to that more so I'm stuck on my own again. For the cost and time of driving down there just for myself I might as well just take the clipper.
    Do you have a room?: Staying with my friend in Redmond
    Other necessary info: Nothing I can think of at the moment.

Zyzzyvas on
  • Options
    CATSCATS Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    Where are you at?: Ottawa, ON.
    How many days are you going for?: All three.
    Do you have a ride?: yep
    Do you have a room?:yep
    Other necessary info: I'm actually pretty new to the forum and am not really going to know too many people at PAX. I'm looking to get as involved as possible though, and hopefully meet some cool people. Any helpful suggestions?

CATS on
  • Options
    edited April 2005
    CATS wrote:
    Any helpful suggestions?

Wear a nerdy t-shirt, and bring a portable nerdy game. You'll make friends quite easily.

Andwarf on
  • Options
    edited April 2005
    a bit OCC

but a friend of mine said he saw on the news that in the next few months Canadian's will need a passport to get into the US no matter what. I havn't been able to find anything yet online to support this. So I was wondering if anyone else has heard anything???

Thanks!!

SmallLady

SmallLady on
  • Options
    Ani_BAni_B Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    I haven't heard anything like that. I hope it's not true. After the fiasco of dressing up a cow and trying to pass it off as my grandmother...let's just say I don't need additional barriers to access the land of wine and honey.

Ani_B on
    Felt dark planet turn under my feet and knew what cats know that makes them scream like babies in night.
  • Options
    edited April 2005
    ok I've found a couple links concerning this...

http://www.canada.com/fortstjohn/story.html?id=02a87dc7-012d-45ea-a942-744940350e37

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1112710865609_19/?hub=Canada

so not right away... but maybe for pax 06' or '08

Cheers,

SmallLady

SmallLady on
  • Options
    Q ZeroQ Zero Registered User regular
    edited April 2005

Where are you at?: Kingston, ON.
    How many days are you going for?: All of em
    Do you have a ride?: hopin for cheap plane tickets, otherwise no.. :(
    Do you have a room?:Not yet! god I'm behind on this
    Other necessary info: My first PAX.. Sweeeet.. Yeah, again, new to this forum, and looking forward to hangin out with people and getting as involved as possible when I'm there. Damn my being 18.. Stoll gotta prereg.. :S

Lots of Ottawa rez.. Good Stuff!

Q Zero on
    Sometimes you just have to say.. what the fuck
  • Options
    edited April 2005
    Heh.. stupid me.. nevermind this one

Q Zero on
  • Options
    AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    yeah I'm relatively new here too we could just huddle together and flee from the regulars when they approach.

Aridhol on
  • Options
    edited April 2005
    To anyone coming from Ottawa or in that general direction, who has room in their van/car/truck whatever..

I'm here in Kingston, there's two of us.maybe more, and we're looking for a ride! lol. Desperately searching for friends that have cars..not going well. So if anyone's looking for a couple of abnormal people to bring a sense of insanity to the car, just PM me! :D The Ontario-newfie here :D

Zonkytonk, if ur coming thru to Vic for the Clipper, I think we could probably work something out. Only problem is niether have our licenses.. 18 yr olds without licenses.. lol my friend and I are just now frantically saving up each cent we get. I can't not go to PAX. it would kill me

Q Zero on
  • Options
    edited April 2005
    lol.. Sorry if the posts are long and confusing... I'm just overexcited about this. it's the most effort I've ever applied to one thing

Q Zero on
  • Options
    edited April 2005
    :O! DAMN!!! They took my cloud!... very upset now...

BTW. is everyone bringing their fancy laptops? Or can I bring my big o' desktop? it's gonna suck to lug around in a gymbag..

Q Zero on
  • Options
    edited April 2005
    I plan on bringing my laptop, for a lack of any other portable gaming devices.

I hope that doesn't require the 10$ bringing-your-own-computer fee, since I don't need, or want, any desktop space.

Andwarf on
  • Options
    edited April 2005
    Hello. Resident Saskatchewanian here. Sounds like me and my crew are going to be the only ones from the middle of nowhere.....

Sooo details to post:

Where are you at?: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan / Middle of nowhere
    How many days you going for?: We're planning on arriving Thursday night, and leaving Monday morning. so ummm everything....
    Do you have a ride?: Yes. got a car full of 4 of us.
    Do you have a room?: Yes. Maybe even two... stupid hotel won't email me back.
    Other necessart info: Gotta find a laptop to borrow for the weekend. I keep all my GBA games backed up *cough* on my hard drive. Then I can flash whatever game your playing onto my card, and voila! anyone want to play ANY GBA games multiplayer?

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited April 2005
    Lee wrote:
    Where are you at?: Lethbridge, Alberta
    How many days are you going for?: The whole thing.
    Do you have a ride?: No, not yet, but I have a few months for something to turn up.
    Do you have a room?: Yes, sharing it with my GF.
    Other necessary info: Nothing.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited April 2005
    yea know.... Saskatoon is the farthest east I've ever been.... and I gotta say... It really DID feel like the middle of no where...

'cept the lighting storms were cool...

Glad to hear you guys are comming... last year there wern't very many Canadians.... this year it sounds like we're gonna have a whole boat load!!

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Cheers,
    SmallLady

SmallLady on
  • Options
    edited April 2005
    anyone want to play ANY GBA games multiplayer?

GBA? Sounds good to me man, want me to bring my flash cards or what? =-D

Q Zero on
  • Options
    TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    Woot!! More Canuck kids :D Any other Vancouverites going??

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • Options
    edited April 2005
    Hey, we're Richmondites. There's a difference.

Andwarf on
  • Options
    TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    Hey! I'm educated in Vancouver, but I'm a Richmondite at heart.

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • Options
    TorrenTorren Registered User regular
    edited May 2005
    Where are you at?: Mission BC
    How many days are you going for?: All + more
    Do you have a ride?: yep
    Do you have a room?: i think so
    Other necessary info: we have 10 people or so going :^:

Torren on