As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[LOTRO] Barrovian Society Wanders but is not Lost

1575859606163»

• Options
    DedianDedian Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    poshniallo wrote: »
    Is there a way to skip the introduction? I'm messing about with various characters during my trial and I don't enjoy the intro very much - too linear. I've made a Rohirrim Warden, and a Lorien Elf Runemaster. I can't say I like the Runemaster much - I'm no lore snob, but I do know LOTR pretty well, and the Runemaster feels out-of-place. I also need to make a Hobbit Minstrel and a Dwarf Champion.

I emailed Turbine support about whether I can sub using my Japanese credit card, and my answer is.... <crickets>.

I'm considering a follow-up email like this "I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE YOU MY MONEY. IS THAT A THING YOU THINK YOU MIGHT ENJOY? LET'S HAVE A LITTLE TALK ABOUT HOW I CAN GIVE YOU MONEY."

You can skip the intro for a given race once you've finished the instance at the end of the intro. Five or so levels is not that good of a feel for a class, most don't "open up" until 20 or later. Have to agree with the RK lore thing tho :D

Dedian on
  • Options
    Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Dedian wrote: »
    Triple B wrote: »
    Haven't been on in a couple days...hoping to get some shit accomplished tonight.

*hunkers down*

Let's make this shit happen.

Yeah, till you go LD.

Comcast has the worst timing ever. I have never cussed at a piece of electronic equipment so much as I did this evening, sir. My sincerest apologies.:cry:

Triple B on
    Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • Options
    Stevo 22Stevo 22 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Dedian wrote: »
    poshniallo wrote: »
    Is there a way to skip the introduction? I'm messing about with various characters during my trial and I don't enjoy the intro very much - too linear. I've made a Rohirrim Warden, and a Lorien Elf Runemaster. I can't say I like the Runemaster much - I'm no lore snob, but I do know LOTR pretty well, and the Runemaster feels out-of-place. I also need to make a Hobbit Minstrel and a Dwarf Champion.

I emailed Turbine support about whether I can sub using my Japanese credit card, and my answer is.... <crickets>.

I'm considering a follow-up email like this "I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE YOU MY MONEY. IS THAT A THING YOU THINK YOU MIGHT ENJOY? LET'S HAVE A LITTLE TALK ABOUT HOW I CAN GIVE YOU MONEY."

You can skip the intro for a given race once you've finished the instance at the end of the intro. Five or so levels is not that good of a feel for a class, most don't "open up" until 20 or later. Have to agree with the RK lore thing tho :D

The problem I have with this is the context: If you are imagining there to be a few rune-keepers, it seems entirely reasonable. If you are looking at the reality of how many rune-keepers exist on the server in comparison to other classes and then reflecting this as a likeness to the actual ratios - yes, it is very out of lore.

But it's not very lore-breaking to imagine that in some circles there are those who do not wish their power to be known amongst all and resist the temptation to use their skills in public. I know this is not exactly what is written but with any fiction as long as the core rules are set, there can be creative liberties taken and I see the Rune-Keeper class as such.

edit: Triple B raped me with a horse. Now I'm hoarse. :winky:

Stevo 22 on
    "It's do or die." "Hey, I've died twice."
  • Options
    blindside044blindside044 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Had a 3hr Fornost run today. That place is brutal. I hate and love it. It can be a very fun challenge if you have a good group. Or its an annoying aggro/wipe-fest if you have a shitty group. Had a mix of both tonight (thats why it took 3 fucking hours). One person dropped towards the end and we got a 54 Min to help us out, and we still wiped twice.. but went back (learned from our 'mistakes') and eventually finished the damn thing. :)

blindside044 on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I don't have time to write a new OP, someone else do it, please. Make sure to mention MoM.

Aldo on
  • Options
    DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Psycharil wrote: »
    I'd like to start on Landroval but I'm not entirely keen on starting from scratch all over again, when I've just gotten into my level 11 rune keeper on Vilya (starting crafting, checking out the auction house, getting some decent gear, etc).

I'm thinking though that perhaps if I choose another race and class it won't be so bad. I've always stuck to Elves because I love the architecture and the general feel of the race. Any suggestions on race and/or classes I should give a go? I'm partial to caster classes yet I won't hesitate to try melee.

I found Human Warden to be a really rewarding experience. They kick tons of ass as well. Hunters do as well. But since you've already done the "elf thing", I'd lean towards Human or Hobbit.

DrunkMc on
  • Options
    Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Stevo 22 wrote: »
    edit: Triple B raped me with a horse. Now I'm hoarse. :winky:

Man, I don't control what Billvis does. He liked you. You were laying down. He took....liberties. Wasn't my fault.

Triple B on
    Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1