As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Getting Time Off

13»

• Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited February 2009
    Have you figured out who you're riding with this year?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    EkkosangenEkkosangen Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I've got friends that are on the edge, but they'll want to come by the time my preparation starts ramping up. :D

Ekkosangen on
    eG6Oz.jpg
    <+Arco> You can totally bone with a baby in there. If you bump up against something, just apologize to the little dude and adjust.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Once the 08 DVD comes out with its CCST footage, you should have an easier time convincing them.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited February 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Once the 08 DVD comes out with its CCST footage, you should have an easier time convincing them.

No kidding. But if they're really adamant on not going, I'll be sure to post myself LFG. This will be no later than June, probably.

Ekkosangen on
    eG6Oz.jpg
    <+Arco> You can totally bone with a baby in there. If you bump up against something, just apologize to the little dude and adjust.
  • Options
    bigwahbigwah Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Last year my wife couldnt get off, so I told her to quit her job, she decided not to. On Saturday she calls me to tell me she was fired. I so wanted to tell her right then that she should have quit.

bigwah on
    LoL Tribunal:
    "Was cursing, in broken english at his team, and at our team. made fun of dead family members and mentioned he had sex with a dog."
    "Hope he dies tbh but a ban would do."
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    bigwah wrote: »
    Last year my wife couldnt get off, so I told her to quit her job, she decided not to. On Saturday she calls me to tell me she was fired. I so wanted to tell her right then that she should have quit.

Ohhhhhhhhh man, if that's not the biggest "I TOTALLY TOLD YOU SO" ever, I'll eat my shirt*

*I will not actually eat my shirt.

Ekkosangen on
    eG6Oz.jpg
  • Options
    sum10fishysum10fishy Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Ekkosangen wrote: »
    bigwah wrote: »

Ohhhhhhhhh man, if that's not the biggest "I TOTALLY TOLD YOU SO" ever, I'll eat my shirt*

*I will not actually eat my shirt.

Is it a candy shirt? I would eat a candy shirt.

sum10fishy on
  • Options
    MarzGurlMarzGurl Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Asking for time off is as easy as inputting the request into a computer for me. I don't even need to explain my reason. And if the automated computer system denies me, I just have to get somebody else to take the day off my hands.

MarzGurl on
    http://www.marzgurlproductions.com - Your Convention Video is On the Way!
    Also find me at http://www.thatguywiththeglasses.com !
  • Options
    KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I made it a condition of accepting my job offer last July. I am also prepared to quit if necessary.

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • Options
    BrennaCeDriaBrennaCeDria Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    sum10fishy wrote: »
    My time was listed in the vacation book at work as soon as I knew the dates, just in case. Unfortunately, my school and Hubby's potential hospital time may get in the way. I can't get upset about missing PAX if it's because my husband needs surgery, since I'll have more important things to worry about. School, on the other hand... :( It's my last two weeks of my last two classes. Can I really get everything done in time? :(

The husband should understand. Besides he'll be all drugged up he won't know if you're there or not. And which is more important education or PAX? PAX!! IT'S PAX!!!!

Nah, he stayed with me while I was recovering from my surgery last April so I really should take care of him if his surgery gets scheduled. Besides, if the surgery does go down, it won't actually get in the way of PAX, but taking time off to help while he recovers will.

School... I haven't decided yet if that will get in the way or not. Gotta work some things out.

You could push him around on a hospital bed and say it's coaplay!!

Hmm, or a wheelchair with his IV bags attached. It'll be hell getting on the plane, though, what with all the fluids for the IV. Maybe PAX does a wheelchairs-to-the-front-of-line thing like some movie theaters? :p (And yes, I know how evil that is, since I've experienced it as a movie theater employee. Of course, we gave free tickets to anyone in a wheelchair +1 guest since they'd be stuck with shitty seats, but that never stopped people from faking it and getting caught.)

BrennaCeDria on
  • Options
    MarzGurlMarzGurl Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    My time was listed in the vacation book at work as soon as I knew the dates, just in case. Unfortunately, my school and Hubby's potential hospital time may get in the way. I can't get upset about missing PAX if it's because my husband needs surgery, since I'll have more important things to worry about. School, on the other hand... :( It's my last two weeks of my last two classes. Can I really get everything done in time? :(

The husband should understand. Besides he'll be all drugged up he won't know if you're there or not. And which is more important education or PAX? PAX!! IT'S PAX!!!!

Nah, he stayed with me while I was recovering from my surgery last April so I really should take care of him if his surgery gets scheduled. Besides, if the surgery does go down, it won't actually get in the way of PAX, but taking time off to help while he recovers will.

School... I haven't decided yet if that will get in the way or not. Gotta work some things out.

You could push him around on a hospital bed and say it's coaplay!!

Hmm, or a wheelchair with his IV bags attached. It'll be hell getting on the plane, though, what with all the fluids for the IV. Maybe PAX does a wheelchairs-to-the-front-of-line thing like some movie theaters? :p (And yes, I know how evil that is, since I've experienced it as a movie theater employee. Of course, we gave free tickets to anyone in a wheelchair +1 guest since they'd be stuck with shitty seats, but that never stopped people from faking it and getting caught.)

Okay, get this, we were just discussing this kind of cosplay recently... somebody needs to do wheelchair-Lifestream-drunk Cloud from Final Fantasy VII. You know, when he falls in the lifestream and goes completely braindead-stupid and Tifa has to push him around? Yeah. Do that. :lol:

MarzGurl on
    http://www.marzgurlproductions.com - Your Convention Video is On the Way!
    Also find me at http://www.thatguywiththeglasses.com !
  • Options
    MaoChanMaoChan Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    @BrennaCeDria Also with his being all post surgery, it is a good reason to dress as either of the following:

Silent Hill Nurse
    shnursecosplay.jpg

OR

Maximum Risky (NSFW and will be more appreciated by the PAX crowd)
    http://pantypark.com/august2007/nozumi/10.jpg

MaoChan on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    another reminder people, spoilered images still load, if it's something like that link above (which is risky to link regardless) don't think spoilering it is okay, because it's not, they still load in people's browsers and that can still get somebody fired, even if they never see the image

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    MaoChanMaoChan Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Oops, sorry. Thanks for the fix.

MaoChan on
This discussion has been closed.