As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Dailyshow/Colbert Report: "Where Roe V Wade is two ways to get across a river."

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I really liked the "I know we talked about baconnaise a lot tonight, but Please don't send us any more"

Fencingsax on
  • Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    That whole sequence was probably one of the most hilarious original things they've done on the show in ages.

Vincent Grayson on
  • TrusTrus Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I just got a chance to watch last night's Daily Show. That Seleck interview was the greatest thing
    after Baconaisse of course

Trus on
    qFN53.png
  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    yalborap wrote: »
    mcdermott wrote: »
    Oh God, the Baconaise.

So fucking hilarious.

Jon Stewart is a man willing to make great sacrifices for his audience.

I am genuinely surprised he didn't vomit.

Well, remember, it was also slathered around a blueberry-pancake-around-a-sausage-on-a-stick.

I like KFC gravy, and I like Taco Bell's Crunchwrap Surpeme, but I don't eat them together.

Note I am not comparing KFC's gravy to Baconnaise.

Shadowen on
  • DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    I really liked the "I know we talked about baconnaise a lot tonight, but Please don't send us any more"

You know, I think that disgusted reaction might actually be beneficial to baconnaise sales.

After all, you're not drunk enough until you're dipping pancakes on a stick in to a jar of bacconaise.

DanHibiki on
  • mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Shadowen wrote: »
    Oh God, the Baconaise.

So fucking hilarious.

Well, remember, it was also slathered around a blueberry-pancake-around-a-sausage-on-a-stick.

I like KFC gravy, and I like Taco Bell's Crunchwrap Surpeme, but I don't eat them together.

Good, because I'd cut you.

mcdermott on
  • ScalfinScalfin __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    Shadowen wrote: »
    Oh God, the Baconaise.

So fucking hilarious.

He never actually bit into the pancake, though.

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
  • TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Bri Wi tonight. Yes!

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I love that he chose those as the two most absurd foods in existence in American supermarkets, though.

Because I'm pretty sure he's right.

mcdermott on
  • DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I love that he chose those as the two most absurd foods in existence in American supermarkets, though.

well... there certainly a lot to choose from
    http://thisiswhyyourefat.com/

DanHibiki on
  • Dr SnofeldDr Snofeld Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    DanHibiki wrote: »

well... there certainly a lot to choose from
    http://thisiswhyyourefat.com/

Oh god I looked at that page and threw up a little in my mouth, thanks a lot.

Dr Snofeld on
    l4d_sig.png
  • Bruce ForsythBruce Forsyth Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    A lot of that is disgusting, but at the same time, I'm intrigued. If I were going to die, I'd want to go out eating as much of that shit as possible.

Somewhat on topic for this thread. Has anyone been watching Demetri Martin's show? I really like his standup, so it's nice to see that the show plays to his strengths (IE: Essentially is his stand up with some pre-recorded sketches).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umhCBZfiywQ
    It's a pretty funny show.

Bruce Forsyth on
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Sausage and pancake on a stick is actually pretty good. And it's convenient if you need to go out early in the morning and don't want to be half-dead from lack of sustenance by 10.

MKR on
    edited February 2009
    MKR wrote: »
    Sausage and pancake on a stick is actually pretty good. And it's convenient if you need to go out early in the morning and don't want to be half-dead from lack of sustenance by 10.

That's why god invented the bagel and gave it to his chosen people.

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Scalfin wrote: »
    MKR wrote: »

That's why god invented the bagel and gave it to his chosen people.

Bagels do not sate me because I am not a heathen.

MKR on
  • OmeksOmeks Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Exin wrote: »
    Somewhat on topic for this thread. Has anyone been watching Demetri Martin's show? I really like his standup, so it's nice to see that the show plays to his strengths (IE: Essentially is his stand up with some pre-recorded sketches).

I've watched all three episodes. It's a bit hit or miss for me, but overall it's an okay program. That video you linked with the CGI rats was hilarious, and I like how he gets other comedians like John Oliver on the show (last night he played a hilarious William Shakespeare).

There are some things that fall kind of flat, though. I actually feel like the sketches are a bit better than the stand-up, though there can be some pretty good bits here and there.

Omeks on
    Online Info (Click Spoiler for More):
    |Xbox Live Tag: Omeks
    |PSN Tag: Omeks_R7
    |Rock Band: Profile|DLC Collection
    Omeks.png
  • deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    "They're like the mod squad only their enemies are taxes and gays."

I really don't think Wyatt Cynac gets enough love.

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Oh my god I love Brian Williams

I love him as much as a man can love another man

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Oh my god I love Brian Williams

I love him as much as a man can love another man

Indeed. He always satisfies.

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
    edited February 2009
    deowolf wrote: »

Yes, because Jon hates Wyatt people.

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Thank you.

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009

That doesn't even make sense!

Fencingsax on
    edited February 2009

That doesn't even make sense!

Yes it does!

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    How embarassing, FOX News.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Oh god. Oh god. Oh god.

That Brian Williams interview was magic.

JamesKeenan on
  • theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    The last three episodes of TDS have all individually killed me. I haven't laughed that hard in months.

theSquid on
  • PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    End wrote: »
    How embarassing, FOX News.

Its like he's a gafef macine!

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • ANTVGM64ANTVGM64 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'm catching up on this week's daily show, and was it me, or was Jon Stewart kind of a dick to the Amazon guy?

The guy seemed to take it all in jest and in good faith, but he absolutely trashed the damn kindle.

ANTVGM64 on
  • RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    He certainly didn't endorse the thing, but I've seen him be worse.

Raynaga on
  • ANTVGM64ANTVGM64 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yeah but he's typically an asshole to Bill O'reilly or Republicans, the founder of Amazon seemed like a generally okay guy at the least, and just wanted to talk about his pet project.

ANTVGM64 on
  • HeartlashHeartlash Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    The worst I ever saw was him tearing into Chris Matthew's book a year or two ago; Matthews was clearly taken aback.

Heartlash on
    My indie mobile gaming studio: Elder Aeons
    Our first game is now available for free on Google Play: Frontier: Isle of the Seven Gods
  • RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    That Matthews interview was hilarious.

He actually had to stop and seriously exclaim "This is the worst interview I've ever been on" or something along those lines.

Raynaga on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    As much as I love Amazon, my empathy for him dwindled as he proved to be one of those "really loud obnoxious laugh" type guys... but instead of hidden in the audience, he was on stage.

But in regards to what was otherwise a fairly fluffy interview, while they didn't get along like old college drinking buddies, I'd say it went fairly well. Asking the advantages it has over books (compact, portability, apparently inspires more reading) versus the disadvantages (it's pretty fucking expensive, especially when you account for buying all those books, possibly a second time for favourites you already own) seemed like a reasonable thing to do.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I was waiting for the Amazon guy to mention the unlimited free 3G internet access that comes with the Kindle, but he never did. Too bad, that's one of the features that I find most appealing.

KalTorak on
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Heartlash wrote: »
    The worst I ever saw was him tearing into Chris Matthew's book a year or two ago; Matthews was clearly taken aback.

Stewart can really tear through someone's faults when he wants to. My favorite example is still his interview on Crossfire that led to the show being canceled.

Tomanta on
    edited February 2009
    KalTorak wrote: »
    I was waiting for the Amazon guy to mention the unlimited free 3G internet access that comes with the Kindle, but he never did. Too bad, that's one of the features that I find most appealing.
    Yes he did.

Fencingsax on
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Huh, must have missed it.

KalTorak on
    edited February 2009
    Forar wrote: »
    As much as I love Amazon, my empathy for him dwindled as he proved to be one of those "really loud obnoxious laugh" type guys... but instead of hidden in the audience, he was on stage.

But in regards to what was otherwise a fairly fluffy interview, while they didn't get along like old college drinking buddies, I'd say it went fairly well. Asking the advantages it has over books (compact, portability, apparently inspires more reading) versus the disadvantages (it's pretty fucking expensive, especially when you account for buying all those books, possibly a second time for favourites you already own) seemed like a reasonable thing to do.
    Kindle books are cheap compared to paper books.

Fencingsax on
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Forar wrote: »

Kindle books are cheap compared to paper books.

If you buy a bunch to make up the difference in savings to account for the $300 or whatever it is for the kindle itself.

That sentence is a mess, but I think you get what I mean.

L|ama on
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I can't read e-books

It's just not nearly as satisfying as reading an actual book, you know? And the feel of a good solid hardcover in your hands is something you can't replicate

Maybe if the Kindle was like super cheap, like between fifty and a hundred bucks or something, then I'd consider a purchase just for the free 3G Wifi, portability, and the futuristic thrill of reading an entire book off of a tiny thing in your hand, like they used to show on old scifi shows

But as it is, I'll stick to regular books. They make me look smarter anyway

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
This discussion has been closed.