As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Computer fax programs

matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off'Points to 'on'Registered User regular
edited February 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
At work we're using WinFax 10.03. Symantec no longer supports WinFax as of 2006 though, and it's becoming more and more unreliable. I know Win XP has a built-in fax program, but I don't have any experience with it. Does anyone have any suggestions for good PC faxing programs? Or experience with XP's fax capabilities, i.e. is it any good?

nibXTE7.png
matt has a problem on

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    It's alright. It's less robust than WinFax.

The two other major competitors are ZetaFax and RightFax. Both are good, ZetaFax has more sane licensing costs though, imo. Hence why I use it.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • edited February 2009
    I've found Brother's computer FAX stuff to work pretty well, though it came with the machine and probably won't help you a whole lot.

Richard M. Nixon on
    chevy.jpgsteve.jpgmartin.jpg
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, Zetafax and Rightfax look like they're too much for what we need. All we use WinFax for is faxing out the occasional invoice through Quickbooks, and taking in 3-4 orders a day. We're just a small bakery. I guess I'll look into XP's fax ability, and external all-in-ones. Thanks guys.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • CrashtardCrashtard Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    The company I used to work for used quickbooks, and they just purchased an all-in-one machine to do the work for them since they made a lot of copies and did a fair amount of printing. If you just want to fax, look into getting a Brother fax machine maybe. Those things are workhorses.

Crashtard on
    I pinky swear that we will not screw you.

Crashtard.jpg