As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Account Transfers

StragintStragint Do Not GiftAlways DeclinesRegistered User regular
edited February 2009 in MMO Extravaganza
So I was wondering if anyone has transfered characters from one account to another and both accounts had different first names but same last names. Not sure if this is the right place to ask but I need some help.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
Stragint on

• Options
    Killer AvacadoKiller Avacado Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Do both accounts use the same billing info?

I moved my wife's main to her account off of mine a while back, but both accounts were set up using the same billing information. That seemed to be the main thing.

Killer Avacado on
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    This is probably a question best suited for the WoW chat thread.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Well neither account has credit card info I think. My main account was closed and I can't get it open because its under my older brothers name who made the account for me when I was 15. At the time we did not know that they would eventually close the account and not let me reactivate it so my brother has to and to avoid another closed account I want to transfer my main to my new account.

They are both paid with game cards.

Stragint on
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    My understanding is that two accounts owned by either the same person or by spouses (speese?) can have characters moved between them.

As far as I know simple inactivity never causes your account to be "closed," in the sense that you can't resubscribe. I might be wrong, but I know a couple people who have come back from three year+ breaks, so I doubt it. If you got banned or something I doubt they'll let you retrieve things from that account.

If you want to transfer a character from one of your brothers' accounts to yours and are always going to play with timecards anyway, the best bet might be for your brother to just create a new account for you.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    The EmitThe Emit Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yah, I've done it. It's been a few years, but I transfered one of my 60s over to my cousin's wife's account. Same last name, but hers or his first name was on the account. I paid for the transfer. Blizzard didn't give me any problems over it.

The Emit on
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Accounts only become inaccessible if you get banned. Which requires some actual effort.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    adejaanadejaan Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I transferred two characters from my brother's account to mine without a problem.

adejaan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Well this is good to know, I can get my characters onto my account once the account is opened back up. Would my brother have to transfer them with his credit/debit card or can I do all of that? The account is in his name so I don't know if they would deny the transfer if the money is coming from me.

Stragint on

• Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Stragint wrote: »
    Well this is good to know, I can get my characters onto my account once the account is opened back up. Would my brother have to transfer them with his credit/debit card or can I do all of that? The account is in his name so I don't know if they would deny the transfer if the money is coming from me.

Seeing as how I paid for a friend's account one month they don't care who the money comes from. Just as long as it's a valid form of payment.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01