As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

How do the shirts from the PA store fit?

Toxin01Toxin01 Registered User regular
edited February 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey guys, I've finally found some Extra $ and I've decided to grab the Paint the line shrit from PA to help support the place.

However, I don't know what size to get. I am 5'11-6'0 and 140 pounds.

What size would you suggest I get? I don't really know how these fit. (Also if anyone had a pic of the shirt, i'd appreciate it.)

Thanks!

Aiden Baail: Level 1 Swordmage: 19 AC 14 Fort 15 Ref 13 Will (Curse Of The Black Pearls)
GM: Rusty Chains (DH Ongoing)
Toxin01 on

• Options
    fuelishfuelish Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I have a couple and they fit along the lines of most quality T-shirts(They are Hanes Beefy Ts). With your height and weight, you are either going to get a medium that fits your torso and is a little short or a large that is loose fitting but long enough to be tucked in(Correction: I just tried my large on and it is a little on the short side at 5'10").

fuelish on
    Another day in the bike shop Pretty much what it sounds like. The secret lifestyle, laid open.
  • Options
    takyristakyris Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Ditto that. It sounds like you want a Medium or a Large.

I haven't had any negative experienes with them shrinking or anything like that, either. They're better than a lot of the cheap cafepress shirts.

takyris on
  • Options
    TopiaTopia Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    fuelish wrote: »
    I have a couple and they fit along the lines of most quality T-shirts(They are Hanes Beefy Ts). With your height and weight, you are either going to get a medium that fits your torso and is a little short or a large that is loose fitting but long enough to be tucked in(Correction: I just tried my large on and it is a little on the short side at 5'10").

Do you have a really really long torso? I am 6'6" and I wear large...

Topia on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I think I'm going to go with a large to be safe.

Toxin01 on
    Aiden Baail: Level 1 Swordmage: 19 AC 14 Fort 15 Ref 13 Will (Curse Of The Black Pearls)
  • Options
    ScrubletScrublet Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'm 6'1 and 175 lbs. I got a L and it shrunk a bit. The shirt is still wearable but you know when a shirt gets too small and the sleeves poof on the sides because the shoulder seam doesn't make it to your shoulder? Yeah :( This is a common problem for me because I am smack dab in the middle of L/XL, and I run into this with t-shirts all the time.

Scrublet on
    subedii wrote: »
    I hear PC gaming is huge off the coast of Somalia right now.

PSN: TheScrublet
  • Options
    EverywhereasignEverywhereasign Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Go with large, I'm almost exactly the same dimensions. I have a bunch of their shirts and large always fits the best.

Wash inside out, and hang to dry to preserve the graphics.

Everywhereasign on
    "What are you dense? Are you retarded or something? Who the hell do you think I am? I'm the goddamn Batman!"
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Well, while I'm at it. I'm getting the L4D "I hate Vans shirt" from valve as well, think I should just grab a large in that too?

Toxin01 on
  • Options
    EverywhereasignEverywhereasign Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    See for yourself. This is a large, has been washed many-a-time and seen lots of love. As others have said Haines Beefy T. I'm fairly certain the Valve ones are similar.

EDIT: Valve apparently uses American Apparel. Mine fits me pretty much the same as the PA ones.

5'11' 139 lbs as of 15 seconds ago.
    Photo55.jpg

Everywhereasign on
    "What are you dense? Are you retarded or something? Who the hell do you think I am? I'm the goddamn Batman!"
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Looks like a large is fine, you look about my size.

Toxin01 on
  • Options
    fuelishfuelish Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Topia wrote: »
    fuelish wrote: »

Do you have a really really long torso? I am 6'6" and I wear large...

I have a kinda short torso. They fit fine, but most of my other shirts are longer and stay tucked better.

fuelish on
    Another day in the bike shop Pretty much what it sounds like. The secret lifestyle, laid open.